Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Leon Shulman donates "lifetime of trophies" to children

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Leon Shulman donates "lifetime of trophies" to children

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:07 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leon Shulman donates "lifetime of trophies" to children

I just wanted to thank and recognize Mr. Leon Shulman for donating his "lifetime of trophies" to The Hobby Quest. Mr. Shulman is a neighbor and friend of THQ. Of course if you've been in the RC game for more then a few months you know who the Shulman family are and what their contributions have been to the hobby over the years. You can read more [link=http://www.modelaircraft.org/museum/bio/Shulman.pdf]about Leon's accomplishments here[/link], or just wait for a new issue of MA to come out and his mug will be on the cover or at least one of the planes he's designed.

The trophies labels have all been removed which Leon is going to have framed. We don't know how many there are as of right now, but there are a bunch and we are cleaning and polishing each one and will be having them re-badged as we hand them out to our children. The trophies will be proudly presented to children who show a great passion for aeromodeling over the next couple of years in our after school courses. The award name for each of these trophies will be of course be called, The Shulman Award.

We'll also post a group shot of the trophies once we have them all polished and ready for distribution. We'll be posting photos of the children receiving the trophies as we go in this thread and on our website in the future.

So once again, thanks to Leon for his continued contribution.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:49 PM
SoonerAce
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Leon Shulman donates "lifetime of trophies" to children

Thats what its all about!
Old 08-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Leon Shulman donates "lifetime of trophies" to children

Good move there, STL. No question about Schulman as he was a great leader in model aviation.

It would have been nice to have had such a place for the 125 trophies and plaques that I dumped into a dumpster back in the early '80s. Local apartment kids were picking a number of them out.

Good luck with making some kid smile.