Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Stolen in Fontana California 10/01/2006

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Stolen in Fontana California 10/01/2006

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:41 AM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stolen in Fontana California 10/01/2006

I left my car packed with my planes Saturday night so that when I got up Sunday I'd just head out to the flying field. When I got up Sunday I found my car broken into my planes and some equipment missing (they didn't take the fuel w/pump or the box with starter and glow igniter). Stolen were 3 planes:
a Modeltech ME109 w/ OS25fx Hitec flight pack on Ch#17;
a Modeltech Mach Racer w/ Magnum 46 Hitec flightpack on Ch#17;
a World Models Combat Series Spitfire w/ OS40LA Hitec flightpack on Ch#30
a transmitter case w/ a JR Century 7 on Ch# 30, and a Hitec Optic 6 w/ a Spectra Module
A Stanley plastic tool box with many tools, props, glowplugs, Multiplex charger, hanger 9 Tach and battery checker,Magnum 28 engine.
If anyone is appoached by someone anxious to sell the above contact me at [email protected]
thank you
Old 10-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stolen in Fontana California 10/01/2006

More than likley it's someone who knows you or you habits, most crimes are like that.
Is there anyone who is a recent contact that has been hanging around? Give it some thought, check with well established friends for ideas. I suspect these items will be for sale somewhere in the area.
Good Luck.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Keep an eye on Ebay too, as that will probably be how they unload it. Nowadays, the inside of your car is no different than the back of a pickup in terms of people taking things. Those are the days you wish you could plant something accessible to the theives with C4 or some dynamite wired up inside, then press the remote detonator once it's been stolen. Very frustrating- sorry for your loss.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:30 AM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

IMO most vehicle prowls are commited by those who are addicted to drugs, odds are your stuff went to pawn or the local dealer. They just want to turn it into fast cash and often do not have the skills nor patience to do anything online.
I lived in Lake Arrowhead for 10 years and worked at kaiser in Fontana before moving up here 11 yrs ago.
I know your area very well, my best guess is Rialto and Berdoo are most likely the areas that your stuff will turn up in.

I would like to suggest that everyone go to www.juststolen.net and register all your valuables, it is a exellent tool the law inforcment is now using to track and find the rightful owners of stolen property.
Best of all it's free.
No, I don't have any interest in the business, except that I own an Insurance Agency, and suggest to everyone of my homeowners/renters to do the same.
I just recently did a complete home inventory, and now have a permanet online record with serial numbers and photos, just in the event of something like this happening to me.

I am sincerly saddened by your loss, good luck in getting your property returned.
If I can help you through the claim process, (provided you have a renters/HO policy), shoot me a PM, I'll no doubt illuminate a few steps that will bennifet you directly.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:12 AM
skeeter_ca

I lived in fontana for many years, i know well the scum sucking low lifes that live there. Most likely it was someone that lives very close to you. They are mostly opportunistic and will take anything they find, whether they can use it or not. I like where i live now, i leave my car doors unlocked all the time and never worry. I leave my garage door open all day, no problems. Even leave the front door unlocked when i leave to run errands. Its the safest feeling place i have ever been. I know all the nieghbors. Will truely be saddened when crime does show up here.

skeeter
Old 10-04-2006, 05:22 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know exactly who did it, but I know it was 1 of the drugie friends who come by at all time of day or night to visit the guy living in the garage at the back of the property. He is a friend of the landladys son and works on the cars of the other landladys son (a lawyer). I told the landlady either the guy in the garage goes (he doesnt pay rent) or I'm finding another place to live. The cops said the DA won't prosecute solely on fingerprints on the outside of the car; they have to catch them with the stuff. They broke into the car using a slim jim and probaly got it out of the garage. The son who lives in the other half of the duplex I rent was a tow truck driver, actually he is jail until January for disposing of stolen property (took a stolen car to the auto crushers). I guess its time to start looking for another place to live.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:22 PM
skeeter_ca

Low life people suck! Look for a better place. If your Landlady makes him move you'll still be in a shi++y place. I don't know who you are but you'll find that if you move into a better neighborhood, even if it's more money, you will feel alot better. Look for a good neighborhood first then find a place to live. I've lived in bad places that i can't for the life of know why i did now. I guess i didn't realize that things could be better elsewhere. And i would never go back, even if i had to sacrifice not having some other things. Just my $.02.

skeeter
Old 10-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Gizmo-RCU

As you leave be sure and drop a dime on the local Narcotics task force and get even and maybe lucky in finding your things.....
Old 10-05-2006, 09:15 AM
BasinBum

ORIGINAL: rcjetflyer0718-RCU

I don't know exactly who did it, but I know it was 1 of the drugie friends who come by at all time of day or night to visit the guy living in the garage at the back of the property. He is a friend of the landladys son and works on the cars of the other landladys son (a lawyer). I told the landlady either the guy in the garage goes (he doesnt pay rent) or I'm finding another place to live. The cops said the DA won't prosecute solely on fingerprints on the outside of the car; they have to catch them with the stuff. They broke into the car using a slim jim and probaly got it out of the garage. The son who lives in the other half of the duplex I rent was a tow truck driver, actually he is jail until January for disposing of stolen property (took a stolen car to the auto crushers). I guess its time to start looking for another place to live.
This sounds like an episode of COPS. All it needs is some toothless wife beater and a high speed chase.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Gizmo-RCU

I worked that whole general area as a State Law Enforcement Officer for two years (actually One year, 11 Mos. and 20 days) . Don't think much of it, arm pit seems to come to mind.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:05 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Its getting to where you can't trust any neoghborhood. Mine is a very good "Leave it to Beaver" type of community. Cripes, I even have a picket fence, however, over the past three years, a lot of "guest workers" have moved into the area. During this same period, I have had my garage broken into and all my tools taken, an lately, some odd things have been disappearing due to the rise in scrap metal prices.

Was was taken lately has been:
Steel fence posts from my backyard fence.
Sheet metal that was covering a hole in the same fence where a drunk drove his car through
Garbage cans out of the alley
Someone took the aluminum storm doors off my garage
and the best, someone stole the aluminum bumber off my wifes car the other night.

No matter where you live, you need to take extra steps to ensure your property will be safe. Your car is the least place to keep anything of value.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:42 PM
BasinBum

Scott,
I'd keep an eye on Eddy Haskell if I were you.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:57 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

LOL! My friend rented a house from the guy who played Eddy, empty pool and looked abandoned. Good skatin though. Fontucky we will keep our eyes peeled!

joe

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Scott,
I'd keep an eye on Eddy Haskell if I were you.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:15 PM
skeeter_ca

Maybe you can post some pics, so us locals can keep an eye out. Give some to the LHS, maybe they will try to sell them there.

skeeter