Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Chicago Hobby Shops

Old 11-04-2006, 10:18 AM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago Hobby Shops

Seems like as good a forum as any to post this... So, I'm stuck in Skokie for 3 days next week. Where are the good hobby shops in the Chicago area? Any with any kits?

Thanks!
mcmike
Old 11-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Hossfly

Default RE: Chicago Hobby Shops

My vote for the best is Venture Hobby in Wheeling. I no longer have a card as I know where to go when I'm at one of my kid's house up there. Phone # is in most any phone book or from operator.

Shop is located in a strip mall on the north-side of Dundee Road and it's very close to the west side of Wheeling and east side of Buffalo Grove. It's a big store and has about everything including a vast selection of plastics, however RC airplanes and cars are the main ticket.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:21 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Chicago Hobby Shops

To put things in proper perspective, I think you are "stuck" in Pekin for 362 days, I've been to Pekin.