Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Was I rude or not ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 10:14 AM
BillyGoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Was I rude or not ?

I’m willing to bet this guy has short comings in his flying abilities. Even though he fly’s at the regular spot a different flight line would work much better for him. Since he was the first to show up he seized the opportunity to fly his way, and was primed and ready to tee off on the first regular that didn’t follow his lead. You just happened to be that first guy. Lucky you!
Old 01-22-2007, 03:02 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I suspect that as concerned as you are about whether or not you were rude, you probably were not. At least it was not your intention to be rude. I also suspect that as concerned as you are about the incident, you normally go out of your way not to be perceived as rude. If that person thinks you were, it's his problem. I can't see where any apology is appropriate from you. Maybe he'll learn something from the incident--maybe not. Do you really care if he comes back or not? Seems like he was an argument just looking for a place to happen. On the other hand, maybe your actions will bring him into line and he will become a valuable member of your group. Hope it turns out that way.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:55 PM
mikenlapaz

If your operating your side of the lot in a safe manner, and he is not fearful of your operating practices; invite him to move over again or else. His stubbornness is putting all of you at risk for flying in an unsafe manner when he is in an area of danger during your flight operations. You have an obligation to the property owner to conduct safe operations when your members are present on the lot.

I will not fly at the local site when the other members are flying as I feel it is often times an unsafe operation.

Show the guy the comments on this thread, it may give him a new safer and friendly out. Some guys often need a third party opinion for them to realize that their position is wrong for whatever reasons.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:08 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I rode my trike out there this evening, and I just missed a great crash. It was the plane that was gettin to close to us the other night when I had Greg go over and show the guy how to land his plane. His buddy was flying it, and knife edged too close to the ground. Guess we don't have to worry about that plane any more. Then the guy who crashed was flying his plane, and he was making full throttle passes way to close to himself and us, I mean way too close. I gave him the what 4 for that too. I think im just going to find me a nice quiet country road next to a large medow so I can fly without all the fear of getting mamed or killed. Why in the heck would anyone want to fly a Right Flyer Trainer for a whole tank at full throttle anyway ? I can't take it any more, im gettin too old to put up with these bozo's.