Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

O'Brien Hobby experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 09:54 AM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O'Brien Hobby experience

Here's a further comment or question. I didn't come by the office on Saturday, since it is a special 50 mile roundtrip. Here it is Monday, and Guess what?! That package containing my servos' that was promised to be here by Saturday... didn't come saturday, and hasn't showed up today either!

May we have another 'story' now? might I suggest that ANOTHER attempt at shipping the package be attempted, this time, us FedEx, UPS, or something else AND SEND ME A VALID TRACKING NUMBER, NOT SOME DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER!

and just to set the record straight, yeah, he told me I could 'keep' the mis-shipped servo, but I really have no use for it. I ordered what I needed, and have yet to have that order filled. Satisfied, no i'm not!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Scalenut52

Hello Dennis,

If you ahve no use for the servo, then please return it after you receive your two servos. Tell me something that would be useful to you and I'll send it to you on the house. Sent you an email with Express Mail tracking number and scan of the actual express mail form for it.

General Post for everyone involved in this forum. We are ceasing shipping with USPS. We are now shipping all orders , no matter what size via UPS Ground.

Thank you

DOUG
Old 04-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[size=5]Any shop owner that uses his shipping service as an excuse for non-delivery is full of kaka. Any shop owner that has to stoop to defending himself in an online forum is a liar. Any shop owner that won't admit a mistake and make it good right away is a thief. So there.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: mcmike

Here's a further comment or question. I didn't come by the office on Saturday, since it is a special 50 mile roundtrip. Here it is Monday, and Guess what?! That package containing my servos' that was promised to be here by Saturday... didn't come saturday, and hasn't showed up today either!

May we have another 'story' now? might I suggest that ANOTHER attempt at shipping the package be attempted, this time, us FedEx, UPS, or something else AND SEND ME A VALID TRACKING NUMBER, NOT SOME DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER!

and just to set the record straight, yeah, he told me I could 'keep' the mis-shipped servo, but I really have no use for it. I ordered what I needed, and have yet to have that order filled. Satisfied, no i'm not!
Sounds all too familiar
Old 04-23-2007, 09:28 PM
dmcmike

well, maybe we're having an effect!

O'briens sent me an Express Tracking number this morning, and it's due for delivery by noon tomorrow. I've checked the number with USPS, and it's for real. At this point, i'm really confused, not knowing what or who to believe. If they have shipped this order to me 3 times, thats somewhere around $1300.00 that obrien has floating around the USPS system. I'll be sure and post what I find when I open the package tomorrow. I'm just praying that it's the balance of my order. And O'briens has offered to let me either keep the servo they sent in error, or even go so far as to allow sort of a "pick any prize from the middle shelf" on the house. I wouldn't mind working out an exchange of some sort for the Hitec Programmer, but let's just get the items that I ordered to me first.

I know.. there's a lot of "if's" in this post, but like I said, i'm just not too trusting right now. Maybe that'll change tomorrow. stay tuned!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:56 AM
dmcmike

Finally! Just got the Express Mail from O'brien hobbies, and lo and behold, I've got all the servos that I ordered. After 2 completely lost shipments, 1 partial shipment, I can finally get a new bird in the air.....

So, to summarize. I place the order, check on shipping after a couple of days, told that my order will ship after the CC clears the bank (hmmm.. nothing on the storefront site to say anything about that), but ok... I check my bank statement, see that it's cleared. Call o'briens, they say they've shipped. Just by chance, I check my bank account a couple of days later, and there's another charge for the same amount. Call o'briens, get that credited back, check on shipping, they say it's been shipped and give me a confirmation number. I plug the number into the tracking site on USPS.Com, find that the package was delivered the day before, but in Washington State! Call o'briens, they say they'll re-ship, via express mail, which they do.. package arrives the next day, but, the order is incomplete, and one servo is completely wrong. Call o'briens again, getting po'd now... they say they'll ship via express mail the 1 missing servo, and will include the correct servo. Check bank account, and the credit for the double charge is there, having been refunded. Get a new delivery confirmation number, nope, it's not express... wait a week, no joy. Call o'briens, says they'll re-ship the last package again, and sent me an Express Mail Tracking number. This time, the package makes it, with the proper servos.

All in all, the most tedious, frustrating transaction i've ever had with any retailer. Could be that yes, he's had some serious problems with shipping via USPS. I'll let all of you decide what the true story is. As for me, I'm finally somewhat satisifed, having received what I ordered, but definately NOT in a timely manner. guess we all live and learn.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Scalenut52

Hello Mike,

Glad to hear. I confirmed delivery as well.

Thank you

DOUG
Old 04-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Mike, sounds like you got lucky. I'm sure you'll be placing another order with O'Brien's [i]real soon....
Old 04-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Redwings

I am still waiting on my Kadet. I was told the one he had was damaged and 12 more will arrive tomorrow and Doug will get it out right away. I will keep you all posted.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like it's the time and place for the hobby shop to lay out "the rest of the story" I have a feeling that if the USPS was indeed the cause of all the problems and what will likely be substantial lost business to the hobby shop due to bad press, the post office may ante up and admit to the errors in order to avoid potential litigation. Mailing "first class" is a guarantee of accurate delivery.

The doors open, someone only needs to walk through.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:00 AM
Redwings

My concern is that is they have shipping problems why have they not stepped up to the plate and voluntarily contacted the customers effected and kept them informed. I have had to be the one to initiate all the contacting to find out where my order stands. I hope Doug you take my comment as a suggestion and maybe you business will not suffer. Service and communication is key to maintaining a business.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:10 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: Redwings

My concern is that is they have shipping problems why have they not stepped up to the plate and voluntarily contacted the customers effected and kept them informed. I have had to be the one to initiate all the contacting to find out where my order stands. I hope Doug you take my comment as a suggestion and maybe you business will not suffer. Service and communication is key to maintaining a business.
BINGO!!! EXACTLY!!!! We as customers should not have to chase after them to get an answer..after all..who is the one paying the money here anyway!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:28 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

Mailing "first class" is a guarantee of accurate delivery.
What dream world are YOU living in? Can you show me this guarantee in print ANYWHERE? They usually do a pretty fair job but just like every other human being they make mistakes. But, as in the case of this thread, sometimes the mistakes APPEAR to be happening too often. Doug now APPEARS to be chasing down and fixing his problems so I've been sitting back quietly watching as "I have no dog in the hunt".
Old 04-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Scalenut52

Hello Fellas,

I will own up to the fact that there was a large lack of communication on my part, yes. Problems like this CONSUME you. On top of everyday business, which also usually has its share of problems. We dont have a staff of 20.

As far as Frist Class Mail. There is NO GUARANTEE. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE ON PRIORITY either. Next time you mail something priority ask when it is guaranteed by, and you will be told, it SHOULD be there in 2-4 days. No guarantee. The only GUARANTEED service from USPS is Express Overnight mail. Rates starting at $18.80.

As fas as our business is concerned, in light of all these problems, we are now shipping UPS on everything.

This was a huge mess for me and sadly some of my customers. I cant appologize enough for that. However, if the shipping problems never occured, there would have never been a lack of communication from me or a mistake when i had to resend Mr. McMichael's servo order.

I will state here and take full responsiblilty for the mistakes I made. But had other people done thier job, I wouldnt have had the chance to make them.

Either way, we have cleard up 14 out of the 17 order problems. Another one posted here is Peter Beck who is waiting on a SIG Kadet. His original dissapeared in shipping as with the rest. I would have reshipped ASAP, however a fuse longeron on the back right side was broken. I have an order of Kadets in today sometime. His will be shipping today, we are paying the 2nd Day Air shipping to get it to him.

Also, in coreecting all of these problems and reshipping orders to our customers, via Overnight service or 2nd Day service, has cost us about $423 so far. Thats about $25 more than we made total profit on all these orders. Not to mention some of the free tiems weve sent along for people.

Either way, like I stated before, everybody's order will be satiisfied.

Thanks for everyone's time.

DOUG
Old 04-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Redwings

Doug
I hope your problems go away and lessons learned. Just keep your cutomer informed of what is taking place and don't leave them hanging.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Redwings

Update:
I received a good tracking number from Doug yesterday and it looks like Monday for my package to arrive. Things are looking up and I hope this chapter is now closing for all of us. Doug I hope you continue to move forward and have better luck in the future.
Peter
Old 04-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Scalenut52

Hello Peter,

Thank you. We are having much better luck, we are shipping everything UPS now , until we get a response form the complaint we filed for all the missing pacakges.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

DOUG
Old 04-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Tired Old Man

There ya go. The shipper has had his say, customers are sending in happy notes, and everything looks like it should end well. Problems happen in everything and an open and solid line of communication will always help mitigate a situation. Avoidance will always worsen one.

It's nice to see it all working out for the best of all. The hobby shop is taking a bit of a hit, but in doing so is letting their customers know that they care and respect them. Kudos to the hobby shop.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Redwings

Doug I will try ordering from you again.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Scalenut52

Redwings & Silversurfer ,

Thank you for your comments. Much appreciated. Thank you

DOUG

Old 04-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Tired Old Man

Happy to see it's working out. We need good hobby shops and losing one hurts us all.

You're welcome
Old 04-30-2007, 07:27 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see everything is going to be OK.

Doug, let us know if/when you can what happened as far as the USPS shipping is concerned. Just curious at this point.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Redwings

I did receive the plane today.
Thanks Doug.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Scalenut52

Thank you for letting me know. Great. With your delivery , we have almost cleaned up this whole mess.

Thank you again for your understanding

DOUG
Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Mike in DC

ORIGINAL: scalenut52

As for FBI and Postmaster I have reason to beleive that some of the orders we are shipping out are being stolen or intentionaly delayed or whatever. In the past 3-4 weeks, I have had over a dozen instances like this. That is about how many problems we had ALL last year total.
I wonder if it's nation-wide. I am still waiting two weeks later for a Tower Hobbies shipment that was supposed to go UPS->USPS, of course untrackable. An Amazon-marketplace order took 4 weeks to get to me USPS. And now Netflix says they haven't received my DVD returns. In the past, all these types of transactions would have taken a few days, max. My post office doesn't seem to care. After I begged them to look for a package I was waiting for, they looked at me like I was asking them to come to my house and wash the windows. The next time I was in the P.O. they said, "Oh, we found your package, if fell down behind the cabinet," but they had absolutely no sense of embarrassment or apology.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.