Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Toledo 2007 - RCUniverse on site coverage

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Toledo 2007 - RCUniverse on site coverage

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:37 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Toledo 2007 - RCUniverse on site coverage

We're at the end of this years photo coverage of the 2007 Toledo Week Signals Model Exposition. Before closing, I found two more photos that were some how missed of MRC's booth. MRC has a full line of really neat products including airplanes, helicopters, cars, flight simulators, etc.. They also have a full line of parts and accessories for their models and are very eager to help in any way they can.

As great as the show was, it has come to my attention there was an incident which happened after the show closed Sunday afternoon. As is always the case, everyone was eager to get packed up and on their way to start heading home. This usually causes a bit if a line for vendors to get their vehicles to the loading dock to pack their gear in their cars, trucks, vans and trailers. Apparently someone decided they had waited long enough in the traffic, pulled out into the left hand lane and started driving down the wrong side of the road. When they did this, they hit and damaged the Fox Manufacturing trailer as well as another vehicle. They did not stop and instead sped away though the crews from Zap and B&B tried chasing them down. As I understand it, the license plate of this vehicle was recorded and reported to the Toledo police department. If anyone has any other information about this incident, please contact the Toledo police.

So that does it! The show was a success on all fronts. The weather this time of year is always any one's guess and we had a mix of just about everything. There were a ton of great products on display with many also for sale there at the manufacturer's booths. As can be seen by the pictures, the event was well attended and I bet many of these people will be back next year. This is just too good of a show to pass up if you have the opportunity to attend. On that subject, I want to thank Marc - RCAdmin, and Michael - mkranitz, for sending me as part of the RCUniverse.com show coverage team. It was well worth the lack of sleep! We will also have a full magazine article of the show complete with manufacturer's interviews in just a few days. Watch your email inbox or this thread for it's announcement and a link to it.

Hope to see all of you, and more, next year!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79713.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	666409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89788.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	666410  
Old 04-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Cliffw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: JWN
Atlanta Hobby was launching their new line of modeling glues, Mercury Adhesives. With a full line of products to cover just about every material situation, this new line is well worth a second look. Check them out at http://www.mercuryadhesives.com
Thanks for the great coverage of the show; I know the work can be hard with those Hooters girls all over the show floor ;-)

Also thinks for the Plug about the new and exciting line of Mercury Adhesives. While I (the owner of AtlantaHobby.com) have an interest on Mercury it is a stand-alone company. Mercury s in fact the only USA made line of CA's and the science behind the products just can't be beat. Check out the impressive cap design and unconditional 2-year warranty. The Mercury line is the freshest product available and with freshness and consistency being key to quality in CA's, close to home production is a must. I encourage everyone to watch the video and read the press release here on RCU and at http://www.mercuryadhesives.com and then talk to your local hobby shop or call a stocking dealer.

Good Winds
Cliff Whitney
Debt holder @ Atlantahobby.com
Old 04-17-2007, 07:18 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

I'm still trying to figure out how you landed such a looker anyway!
People say that to my wife too
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61018.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	666476  
Old 04-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Ricmussman
My Feedback: (24)

What about the Static Display Placings? Who won Best of Show? and all of the other categories?
Just curious. I loved that Super Hornet and the Hamilton Watch Extra 300, SICK Skills!

Ric
Old 04-17-2007, 09:25 AM
RICHARDSFFB17

Thank you for the great coverage. I attended the first day and can see by your pics that quite a few static models were brought in after I was there. As I am a B17 lover, I am happy to see the pics of the one at the show. I didn't bring my camera this year and kicked myself when I saw it there. Beautiful work, the talent of individuals is just amazing. Thanks again, looking forward to next year already.
Bill Richards
London, On. Canada
Old 04-17-2007, 09:36 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

Sorry for the mis-information Cliff. I stand corrected!

For final static placings, we will get them up here very soon or with our coverage. I had to leave for the airport before the results were announced so I didn't have a chance to take notes when the awards were handed out.

No camera in Toledo? Are you nuts?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:20 AM
langerl
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANK YOU very much for a GREAT review and photo coverage of the Show. Almost like I was there.....
I'll watch this thread for more.

Best Regards,
langerl
Old 04-17-2007, 01:14 PM
donhef

ORIGINAL: Bobt2

what? no shots of carden or da?
Don't you mean no shots of the Carden Babe?!? She signed autographs for me and my Son and he was drooling! Oh to be 19 again!
Old 04-17-2007, 01:17 PM
MinnFlyer

ORIGINAL: donhef

Oh to be 19 again!
Hell, I'd settle for 40!

Nice meeting you Don!
Old 04-17-2007, 01:18 PM
donhef

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

We have a video of the new 50cc Extra from Extreme Flight. We should have the videos up by the end of the week.

And I just want to say that I'm glad you guys apreciate all the hard work we did. As you can see, it was a grueling task.
Minn, you Devil! You got to do what my Boy wanted to do! And he was in total awe of this show. I told him we'll do it again next year, so You'll be seeing us again! It was great meeting you BTW. Remember, if you ever come back through NJ, I'm at Exit 7a! Give me an email when you do, and you can show me some aerobatics for my Aeromaster. Again it was a real pleasure to meet one of the best Moderators I've seen here.

Don
Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 PM
MinnFlyer

Thanks for the nice words Don. I still have some family in NY and NJ and get back there occasionally. I'll give you a heads up next time and we'll get some flying in!
Old 04-17-2007, 01:44 PM
fmidgett

ORIGINAL: Tommy632

Great coverage!! Is there going to be any video?
I shot the "official" ETOC contest footage and together with another company we are co-producing a DVD of the contest. I also did a good bit of shooting at the show and will try to include some of that in the vid. You can see a small preview on my site. It's the first vid at the top of the page. Look for "New 4/16/07" in red. It's in high definition so you will need QuickTime 7 in order to view it. Here's the link:

http://higherplaneproductions.com

This is just a short clip of Gernot Bruckman practicing the day before the contest started. There will be an official trailer released next week.

Fly low. Roll tape.

Fred

Old 04-17-2007, 02:27 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice coverage of what there was. The big problem is...not much there in show aircraft like in other years. I have been talking with my friends who have attended for many years. They was shocked how crowded it was and how dim lit it was up in the swap shop area. They also said it was cold up there too. All in all they was disapointed and left eary. I did not go this year. Sounds like maybe not next year unless things get better there. Capt,n
Old 04-17-2007, 06:05 PM
skyriter

Did you get a photo of the Wild Hare RC booth? Did not see it in all the pictures you posted. Great coverage.

Bruce
Old 04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

I cannot find Wild Hare R/C in my pictures. I would have sworn I got everyone, but if I missed them I an very sorry for the omission.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

John, according to the floor plan, they were between Maxford USA Corp and Xtreme Power Systems in booths 5 and 6 if that helps.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Mrt1750
My Feedback: (1)

did RCU do any interviews if so where can I find them.
Thanks[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 04-17-2007, 11:15 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mrt1750

Thanks[sm=shades_smile.gif]

Yes. MANY! We are editing all the footage of the interviews and booth walk throughs. We hope to have these up before the weekend or thereabouts! Stay tuned. I'll shoot mailer out to those who are opted in and you can check here and in the magazine too near the end of the week to see if it is up.

There will be lots of polished videos in our Toledo show coverage article cut up nicely so you can get right to the good stuff fast and efficient!

marc
Old 04-18-2007, 08:46 AM
DJ FERRAZ

My thanks too...unfortunately here in brazil i'll never have the chance to visit a R/C Expo like that [] .

kleber Ferraz - from Brazil !!!

Old 04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Firecop119

this was my first tear going to toledo and i found out i will be bringing alot more money next year to really appreciate this show. what a great expirence!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:18 AM
MinnFlyer

ORIGINAL: skyriter

Did you get a photo of the Wild Hare RC booth?
ORIGINAL: Mrt1750

I am frantically getting the videos editied but it's a time-consuming process. As soon as they are ready, we'll get them up.

Skyriter, We DO have a nice video of Tom from Wild Hare showing of some very nice new products! Stay tuned!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Lettin

Great work JWN.
My first time at Toledo...had a ball and met a ton of nice people. Also had the pleasure of working the booth next to the hotties too. Only slightly distracting.

Dan
Old 04-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

So where's the pictures of Wild Hare??? Tom didn't show up?????
Old 04-19-2007, 09:53 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Lou, I'm not sure how it happened, but I missed getting a picture of Wild Hare's booth. Sorry about that. But, Mike has a video interview he is working on and will have posted in the full magazine writeup as quickly as possible.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:06 PM
normgoyer

Suggest you check out the Wild Hare website, it's all there. Norm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.