Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Your Worst or Best Delivery Experience!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Your Worst or Best Delivery Experience!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 10:49 AM
RC_Junky
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Worst or Best Delivery Experience!

Please share your story with us, got this idea from a thread about "no mail on Pres. Day". Here is my unbelievable but totally true tale.

Ordered a Saito .72 from Horizon Hobby, waited a week, no delivery, called and got tracking #, UPS tracking system says "out for delivery". Waited 2 more days, call Horizon, they put in a claim with shipper for lost package, later that day shipper calls and says they are starting a tracer on lost item and it could take up to 8 working days for an answer. Waited 3 more days and thinking this is bull, why am I waiting for them to get this straight, all I did was spend my money. Called Horizon, got great customer service person that realized what was going on and overnighted a replacement engine. Fine and dandy, not quite, ran engine for approx. 3 oz. less than 5 min. on a test stand and the engine seized up tight. Called Horizon, they said send it back, packed it up and mailed it out, waited five days, called to check, they said they got it but didn't have time to check it out yet. By now I'm thinking, "maybe I not ment to have this engine". In the mean time the orginal lost engine gets delivered to my house. Being the good guy that I am, and not wanting to get charged for two engines, I call Horizon and explain the whole story to yet another customer service person that says they will send a pick-up tag and an order to have it returned, boy am I feeling beat-up by now. Anyway to finish this up, they said they would replace the engine that siezed up with a brand new one. I got to keep the orignal that was delivered late as the replacement, and I still don't know if this will be a wash in their computer system or just more of a headache. Anyway this engine runs excellent and I'm not letting it out of my sight.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:04 AM
mefly2
My Feedback: (6)

Default ...worst deliv. exp.

Geez, that bites, RC_Junky...

I think my worst experience was when I ordered an antique airplane kit (forgot what it was, many years ago) and while talking with the driver (about another R/C deliv.) I set it on the ground RIGHT behind the truck and before I realized it.....CRUNCH!!!!! :cry:

Needless to say, it was a sad day...

-Bob
Old 02-19-2002, 02:28 PM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

No me, but I heard of a guy that lives in Australia ordered an engine from Horizon and wondered why it didn't turn up after quite some time.

Well to cut a long story short it turned up many months later. The address had Austria on it instead of Australia.

Most travelled engine ever apparently.
Old 02-19-2002, 02:59 PM
J. Peek
My Feedback: (2)

Once received a kit via UPS that was so waterlogged the box drooped like a wet noodle. Opened the lid and water poured out of it.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:20 PM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordered a 9Z from Tower Hobbies.

Shipped to Belgium, it took five days. Great service, always the same.
Old 02-20-2002, 02:00 PM
John B
My Feedback: (1)

Originally posted by maverick
No me, but I heard of a guy that lives in Australia ordered an engine from Horizon and wondered why it didn't turn up after quite some time.

Well to cut a long story short it turned up many months later. The address had Austria on it instead of Australia.

Most travelled engine ever apparently.

I rember reading about that one too. Guy had a heck of a time.
My worst /best shipping deal happemed with Ace, bought a new tt.pro40 and ran it too rich........broke a rod. (Stupid newbie mistake) so I sent it in to get it repaired. a week later I called to see why it broke , they told me , told me they were just going to replace the engine because of a parts shortage at that time.
I said great , 2 weeks later,mo engine, called and told em, week later called again. They told me on the last call they had just recieved a shipment of engines so they would wend one that day.
The day after I recieved my origional engine with repair tag.
the day after that I recieved a brand new one......what the?
Called em up and explained what had happened(I figured I was paying for my mistke so I gave em my cc #) that I would ship the engine back. The guy told me to keep it , no charge. they were very sorry about the mess ups .
Old 03-03-2002, 08:04 AM
LTV_A7D
My Feedback: (2)

Default Interesting topic

I like this topic. My worst shipping experience: Gee, I think it may be a tie between Combat Models and Hurricane Fans. Combat took around 3 months to get me parts missing from my brand new model F16. When I finally mailed them a prepaid priority envelope, they finally responded with the parts (aileron couplers). Hurricane took over 5 months to get a brand new fan to me that appeared used upon arrival.

My best shipping experiences have been through Jet Hangar, Yellow Aircraft, CJM and Tower Hobbies. Awesome service from all 4 of these places.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:12 AM
mefly2
My Feedback: (6)

I'm going to have to add my 'new and still going' experience. I ordered some things from CA, sent an International mo out on the 21st, and it still hasen't arrived at the destination. My post office said that our mail hits the border and sits sometimes. I hope it isn't lost or something. I can't find the reciept either!!

-Bob