Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Germany

Old 06-05-2007, 02:09 PM
armedforces0331
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Germany

Guys And Gals just got my 3 choices of duty stations wich are , Germany , Kansas , and Korea.

The big question, well I would like to talk to someone that flies helis out there or planes races cars wich ever. I need to know what is the most popular RC hobby out there can?

Need Some Info please.

Thank You.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:53 PM
khodges

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Germany

Given your address, you must be PCS'ing from S-J AFB. Where in Germany would you go? I spent quite a while at both Ramstein and Rhine-Main back in '91. Beautiful country if you haven't been there, if I had a choice of an out-of USA station, Germany is what I'd pick.

Plus, when you get over there, you can always say, "Gee, I guess I'm not in Kansas, anymore, Toto" Good luck, wherever, watch your Six.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:04 PM
armedforces0331

Well I'm actualy Army and not sure wich base I will be going to but I guess my big question is what is the rc hobby of chaoice out there do you know ??
Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 PM
khodges

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know much about the cars, etc, but they fly BIG stuff in Europe, given the kits from over there and the videos I've seen.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Compstall

I can't believe you actually put Kansas and Korea in the same sentence w/ Germany! Korea - Blaaahhhhkkk!! Ain't NOTHIN' in Junction City, KS. Germany, hands down.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Germany all of the way. A lot of great, state of the art RC stuff comes out of that country. Weatronics RX's, Schulze/Orbit chargers and JetCat turbines just to name of few.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Cyclic_ Hardover

Well, Germany use to be a 4 year tour. Korea was a year and Kansas-why? Idid Korea, it was okay. At least in Germany you can "Do Europe" on their dime. besides, they have some great speed planes that we cannot get our hands on over here.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:58 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I spent seven years in Northern Europe 40 years ago. I finally went back for a visit this spring. Things have changed a bit. I still would give my left you know what for that 4 year tour you have.
As for Korea I have never been there but I have a friend that spent a year on the front lines over there. I don't think I would like it.
As for Kansas, I grew up in Nebraska. Its a good place to be from - far from.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Cyclic_ Hardover

Duty in Korea was/is okay. Gets old rather fast. Culture and all is different and you learn quite a bit but just limited to where you can go.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:19 PM
scottrc

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I live in Kansas, there are some great Korean resturants and the winters are not as bad here, and if you want Germans, go across the border to Missouri.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:11 PM
blindguarden

Germany all the way!!!! I was born and raised over there. Great place and alot to see. they have some of the best suff for planes!
I would give any body part to go back and it is one of the cleanest places I have ever been.
the only thing I would say is this.... if you plan on takeing any of your current Rc stuff with you be prepaired to change out all of the equiptment in them if you plan on useing any of it.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:29 AM
Flak

AF0331,
I live in Olathe, Kansas. Ft. Riley is the 11B's Nightmare, (Paradise). Lots of R/C Plane fields and ticks around. However, I did a Germany tour. For a Germany tour, you will need to get a new transmitter and receiver once you are there. My oldest son is a F-16 Pilot for the USAF. When he was stationed at Spandahlem, Germany in the 23rd FS, there was a R/C flying field nearby. We took his Top Flite P-40 to the field. The locals were very friendly. One gentleman was a German Polizei, (Police officer). They pointed out his transmitter and receiver of US origin would have to be replaced. However, once they found out he was a fighter pilot, they told him he was good to go and to fly anytime. You may also find that once in Germany, R/C is much mor expensive on the economy, due to the higher value of the Euro over our dollar. You may be using mail order a lot. Thanks for your service. Good luck in all of your endeavours. Should you end up in Kansas, drop me a line and I'll come fly with you sometime. I have many Warbirds.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:14 PM
bla bla

Dumping you tranny will give you a chance to try out those fantastic euro type transmiters and a tray.
Don't knock it until you've tried it. Once your understand that the best place for the dual rate, extra function switches is actually on top of the stick itself, you'll be sold.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:31 AM
beenbreto

hey man I'm stationed out here right now and i love it the language barrier sucks but they have some great roads to play on. i know a German store named conrad has a great hobby section. that's all i found so far i live near Frankfurt but i haven't been able to explore the city and find other hobby stores. but i work in a maintenance battalion so if i need parts those guys can make anything i need i hope this helps you what service r u in?