Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

love of the sport ( hobby)

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

love of the sport ( hobby)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default love of the sport ( hobby)

Their must be a love for flying to put up width all the problems that we have . Please let every one know what you think and what changes can be made. I love the sport hobby , and would like to see people to get along ,but seem that that will not ever happen.
Your opinion is yours and should be respected.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:07 PM
vtol_guy

personally i think all the pitfalls are part of the hobby . Jus the guy in the sky trying to tease us one last time before we want to fly our planes. One thing that i'm not keen on though is the wind. I find this my main problem but i've bought a power slope soarer now which needs winds to stay aloft so i'm using the wind against itself in a way, mwahahahahahahaha!!!

Maybe the pitfalls of the hobby are there to make it more interesting. Guess it wouldnt be as fun if everything went to plan whilst building a plane and it flew fine. Naa, i wanna see some great dilema during building which threatens the existance of the plane your building. Then spend ages working it out, rejoicing in your own amazing intelligence then carry on.

Soooooo, overall, pitfalls make hobby more interesting but a little less wind at times please!
Old 03-04-2003, 11:41 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You gotta love every part of the hobby. I have been doing it for over 25 years and it is all still so cool. I went out saturday and must have done 100 touch and goes in the fresh snow. It is all so fun. Some of the people you meet in this hobby are so cool too. I have met some of my best friends in this hobby.

If you get bored, build a 15 size wild thing and find the most exotic places to fly it like a deep canyon, or an untraveled road for a cross country, or the top of a steep mountain. What a blast.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

I've found 99% of the people I've met in this hobby are pretty nice. A large percentage will help you out whenever you want. Sorry your experience hasn't been the same.