Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever see NWHT models

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Anyone ever see NWHT models

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 08:44 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever see NWHT models

I was looking on the website of North West Hobby Technologies and the have some very interesting kits. Their product is all foam core with sheeted balsa. They are Giant Scale and supposedly built in about 25 hours, they are not ARF's. The Sea Fury and racing bipe have me drooling.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:33 PM
Jeff396
My Feedback: (1)

Do a search on "NWHT" and be sure to read everything before you order especially concerning actual delivery times as opposed to promised times. I heard the kits were good so I ordered one on June 11, 2002 and finally received it just before Christmas (I was told 8 weeks). Now I have waited for 2 1/2 months since Christmas and still counting for the parts that were missing. I have made a phone call in the beginning of January and February and an email just the other day. Figured it might get further if it was in writing.

Jeff
Old 03-10-2003, 12:32 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I should have one any weekend now.

I really doubt the 25hrs myself, but who knows. They are supposed to fly awesome!
Old 03-10-2003, 03:16 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shhhhhhh! Gonna give you some inside information. There is a guy here in NM with the NWHT Focke Wulf (NIB) for sale whatever they are selling for plus shipping. If you really care, email me and I'll give you his email.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:08 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my planes! They took more than 25hrs to build to completion, but they were basically ready for covering at the 25hr mark. If you glass them, I imagine it would take longer to build. They aren't true scale but look like the real thing and fly great. Very strong too.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:28 PM
VoughtF4U

Default NWHT

Jeff,

Email me again what parts you are still missing for your Super Solution and I will use my parts to cut you a set and mail them to you. I think I finally have all the parts for mine now. I am getting close to finally starting mine. I figure I will start it early April. No luck yet on finding someone who can make a set of gear struts for it. I still have my fingers crossed that we can find something that looks scale, otherwise the model just won't be the same.

rc_sport,

The kits are nice. I have the Super Corsair and the Super Solution biplane kits. Foam cutting is great and the included balsa wood is okay to use. The fiberglass parts, although not the best I have ever seen, are fine to use and look very good. The remainder of the parts included (plywood, hinges, tailwheel for some aircraft, canopy, etc.) are generally good quality and make a nice model.

Call Carl and ask specifically what is included in the kit you are buying. Jeff and I both ordered the Super Solution biplane and our kits showed up without the gear struts. The webpage never said if it was or wasn't supposed to be in the kit, but the kit was supposed to be complete. So I guess that thinking the gear struts would be included was a wrong assumption on our parts.

For the price you get a good kit. You could easily build one in 25 hours IF you had built one before and you were not going for a lot of scale details. There are no real written directions included, but the kit does include a vidoe of a PT-19 (?) being built. You build basically all the models the same, but some people have problems with this. Definitely expect a wait for you kit, 6 months seems to be the standard wait time now, but that depends on what model you order.

Good luck with whatever project you decide to go with.
-Scott-
Old 03-10-2003, 01:55 PM
rc-sport

Do they charge you when you place the order or when they deliver? I really like tha Super Solution.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:33 PM
scalefan4

Default NWHT

You really need to go back to the web site and read their conditions of sale. Then follow the advice above to read the threads here on NWHT. Often there is no resemblence between what they promise to do , and what actually happens.
I really like the optimist who post in every nwht discussion that "mine will be here any day now".
Old 03-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Jeff396

They charge you immediately and if you tire of waiting there is a $50.00 charge for cancellation. NWHT is suffering from serious growing pains which will hopefully get sorted out soon. I would really like to get another of their kits, the Gee Bee Z, as I kinda like the building method though some instructions or a complete diagram would be nice. However, I still can't understand or explain why they continue to give delivery dates they know cannot be met. Very poor PR and short sighted to say the least.

I also have the Laird Super Solution and that is what drew me to NWHT. I really look forward to getting this unique plane in the air some day. To be realistic, it will more than likely be next season before I do. I'll try this again.....has anyone actually built and FLOWN one of these planes???

Jeff
Old 03-10-2003, 02:45 PM
rc-sport

I won't be ordering from them, I could understand a deposit till delivery but I won't give them the full balance to hold on for 6 months. A company can go from successful to bankruptcy in that time period.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:59 PM
JohnVH

Default Re: NWHT

Originally posted by scalefan4

I really like the optimist who post in every nwht discussion that "mine will be here any day now".
Since you have no clue what I mean by that Ill tell you. NWHT has finished my kit and it was delivered al long time ago, total wait from order to recieve was a few months if I remember right. Its at someones house getting built, thats what Im waiting for.

Now you know the rest of the story.... :stupid:
Old 03-10-2003, 05:08 PM
scalefan4

Default Re: Re: NWHT

Originally posted by JohnVH

Since you have no clue what I mean by that Ill tell you. NWHT has finished my kit and it was delivered al long time ago, total wait from order to recieve was a few months if I remember right. Its at someones house getting built, thats what Im waiting for.

Now you know the rest of the story.... :stupid:
OOOH. Now we play the "stupid" card? Classy.

I hardly think describing the poster as an "optimist" is insulting. Where in my post did I mention you? Feeling guilty? Maybe it is you. Back in November 2002 you said you were expecting delivery. Nothing you have said til now indicates you have received it. Yet you reply to threads of people waiting saying you're expecting yours. I hope that one day you get yours. You deserve it.
Feel free to misinterpret the above any way you wish.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Crashem

Rc_Sport,

I've spent some time researching NWHT model's both here and on their website. In my opinion when you look at the website the only accurate statement is the price.

25 hours is not realistic and Fly_falcons nows it because in another thread I quoted the statements that NWHT's website makes and he agreed that they were shall we say overly optmistic.

the delivery times listed are so inaccurate that they should be illegal.

Ease of assembly- Can't speak from experience but several people have indicated that the lack of assembly instructions/diagrams make the kits difficult.

Bottom line IMO there are much better ways to spend your money.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:41 PM
JohnVH

scalefan4, Sorry if I came accross in a bad way to you. I know I was the one your talking about as I have been waiting a long time for it, not from NWHT, from the builder that has had it a long time. Which is fine, I told the builder not to rush it. The last pics I seen of it it is built, and is waiting primer. That was a month ago, so... Any time now. Ill put up pics for everyone that wants to see how the bearcat looks once I get it.
Anyhow, have a good day.
Here is a better card for you
Old 03-10-2003, 06:43 PM
rc-sport

Yea Crashem, your right. I'm going to Toledo next month and I'll find plenty of options there. It's funny though, I'm bringing my wife along and she said we aren't going to take my car (Expedition) we have to take her car (Impala) so I don't buy anything to large. She's a smart cookie.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:45 PM
scalefan4

Default reply

Thank you , John. You da man. I look forward to the pics of your Bearcat. And, my day is already better thanks to your reply.