Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

shipping with Chief Aircraft

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

shipping with Chief Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 04:49 PM
trailingedge
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shipping with Chief Aircraft

Hey guys,

I ordered a UCANDO3D from Chief Aircraft on Monday and a little monokote trim. I called the next day as I didn't get a confirmation. They said that the plane had been shipped, but they no longer carried the monokote trim. No biggie, I said okay. Now my question is about the charge I found on my credit card. $211 sounds really steep for a $189 plane. The guy at Chief told me that the box is so big that shipping costs more for this plane. Now what to do? The package has not arrived yet. DO I SIT BACK AND TAKE IT UP THE REAR OR DO I PAY SHIPPING BACK TO CHIEF AND SHIPPING FROM SOMEONE ELSE TO SEND A UCANDO TO ME (it will probably come out about the same after all is said and done). Has anyone else had a problem with Chief. I don't think they'll get my money again. :angry:
Old 03-13-2003, 05:17 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I like chief, when you call them they seed kinda podunk. But I always get my stuff in a couple days and they have been right on so far.

I have not had them send me anything large yet though. I got my Sukhoi from them when they were here at the show.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:32 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Depending on how they ship, the prices can vary. I know with UPS, the size of the box can set minimum limits. If it only weighs 1 lb, but is considered OS2 (oversize level 2) they treat it like a 70lb box.

I just sent a box that was about 108" (length plus girth) and it was about $22. I think the shipping sounds about right.

Mike
Old 03-13-2003, 06:04 PM
trailingedge

Hey thanks for the info MHawker. I got used to Tower's $4.99 shipping and Quantums free shipping over $150. I'll do a little more snooping on the shipping before I order from a new (to me) company. I can't point the finger at anyone except myself (I hate it when that happens) for not pricing around.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys may be right, but I'm a little skeptical. A few months back, I sent a Pica kit back that I didn't want. It cost them $28 to ship it from Florida to Montana via UPS, but it only cost me $16 to send it back to them.

I work in the computer industry, and it works the same way. Some companies will sell a product, but someone else will beat that price by 10%. Then they make up the difference in bloated shipping charges.
Old 03-14-2003, 02:16 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

I think they call that "handling"... as in Shipping and Handling. Bloating works too.

Mike
Old 03-14-2003, 03:23 AM
paulfromero
My Feedback: (4)

Originally posted by trailingedge
Hey thanks for the info MHawker. I got used to Tower's $4.99 shipping and Quantums free shipping over $150. I'll do a little more snooping on the shipping before I order from a new (to me) company. I can't point the finger at anyone except myself (I hate it when that happens) for not pricing around.
Tower Hobbies wanted to sell me a tru-turn adapter nut and charge me $7.99! Plus their warehouse is only across town. I went ahead an bought MORE from them just to make the shipping reasonable!

Paul

P.S. tried the LHS and agonized for two weeks before plunking down that much for shipping on a nut!
Old 03-14-2003, 03:12 PM
bluther
Banned

I purchased an H9 Edge and os 160 combo from them about 4 mo. ago and did not have to pay shipping. I received it in a timely manner. I've since purchased other items from them and had no problems.

Bill
Old 03-14-2003, 04:16 PM
trailingedge

Hey Bill was that advertised as a special? Did you know in advance what the shipping charge would be? Wish I could get free shipping on mine. That extra $22 would have paid for those anodized servo arms I was eyeballing and then some.

Deadeye I work in the computer industry also so I guess I should be used to this kind of stuff. I think that companies think they can stick it to computer guys a little better than most people. "Hey let's put this 15 inch screen into a big housing and sell it as a 17 inch monitor with a 15.9 inch viewable area"
Old 03-14-2003, 04:28 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

On many of the large scale items, they include the shipping. It is denoted by the asterisk that reference the "includes shipping" line at the bottom of their ads in the magazines. I believe it is also denoted with the price listing of the items it applies to on their website.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:28 PM
bluther
Banned

Yes trailingedge it was a "combo special" for that aircraft and engine.

Bill
Old 03-14-2003, 06:53 PM
trailingedge

P51, I went back and looked at cheif's site a little harder and noticed that asterisk that you talked about. I will most likely order from them again since I can't fault them too much for my ignorance. I will only order a plane that states that shipping is included though. I really hope the plane comes in today. I have a friend who's been flying his UCANDO all week long and loves it. I'm really interested in seeing what ICANDO with the plane .

Fred
Old 04-04-2003, 11:51 PM
mustang105
My Feedback: (12)

Default Chief Aircraft

I just had an irritating conversation with Chief Aircraft about an order. I had received an e-mail confirming receipt of my order placed on Mon and it indicated an e-mail confirmation would be made when it was shipped. I sent an e-mail Wed asking about the status of the order with no response. I called today (Fri) and talked to "Dana" about the status of the order and he admonished me for not knowing his company quit sending shipping confirmation e-mails starting April 1 (I ordered March31 and received their e-mail telling me I would receive a shipping confirmation and that I could change or cancel the order until then.). He was a total jerk! I have dealt with a lot of internet R/C companies and have had nothing but good experiences. This guy ran me down for a good 5 minutes. This after I forked over $1618.00 to them!

All companies I have dealt with send e-mails confirming receipt of the order and confirmation when it is shipped usually with a tracking number. I always receive a confirmation of the total price, including the shipping I will be charged before it is shipped. Chief doesn't do this. Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck

P.S.
If you call and "Dana" answers do yourself a favor and hang up.
Old 04-05-2003, 02:07 AM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

Default Chief

thanks Mustang for the information. Sad, but true, some companies dont give a damn about being polite, stricktly business. Well in my book, if they are too damn good to be polite, they do NOT get my business........
Old 04-05-2003, 03:06 AM
Volture

My Ultra Stik 120 shipping from Chief was around $20-25...
Old 04-05-2003, 03:53 AM
jerrysu29

Default Bad Expereinces !!!

Hey Trailingedge I just placed an order with Dana Wed. and he was very polite. Infact He knocked off $10 on an OS 61FX and $5 off an OS 46FX. after special price, I gave $125 for the 61FX and $95 for the 46FX
Then I said that comes with Free shipping right, Then he said not quite, but you can get Free shipping on an order over $250. I needed to stock up on glow plugs for this year so I ordered a dozen OS#8 for $52 and got Free shipping I also had bought my H9 Sukhoi from them for $700 and no Shipping
As for the U-can-do 3D if you had recieved their specials on line a month ago you could have ordered it for $179 and Free shipping, or you could have waited until your order would have been more than $250 and then you would have had free shipping. I believe you can blame yourself for your poor judgement in your recent purchase
Old 04-05-2003, 04:21 AM
mustang105

Default No Excuses

jerrysu31,

"Poor judgement" is a company representative showing a bad attitude toward a customer who just spent over $1600.00.
All I asked him was for a confirmation about the shipping of my order and I got lambasted for not knowing a company policy that was implemented after I ordered. This man represents Chief Aircraft and he just lost them all of my business because he had to prove to me he is a smarta@#.

I believe trailingedge took reponsibility for his "ordering error" and should be commended for that. Even so, what the heck is going on with customer service these days? The economy isn't that great, companies are losing money across the spectrum and Chief Aircraft's main business appears to be full scale aviation, not the most healthy segment in the business world. You think
they'd be courteous to ALL customers.

Chuck
Old 04-05-2003, 05:13 AM
jerrysu29

Default Costomer Servise !!

Mustang 105

I have been doing business with Chief Aircraft since they started their RC division and have not yet had any bad experiences with Dana or any of the other personal that work there. Actually I give them 5 stars for their great prices,and service.They will meet or beet any other mail order prices in the country. have Free shipping on allot of their specials, and are always willing to deal on the prices IE the more you buy the cheaper things are and most of the time have the stuff in stock.One purchase I made last year was on 2 dozen JR 8411 digital servos @ $85 dollars a pop no one else would or could even come close to this price, and they had 6 dozen in stock.
I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad time with them.Could it have been you both had bad hair days at the same time and unloaded on each other (been there done that)
Old 04-05-2003, 05:17 AM
fpayer
My Feedback: (22)

Default Chief Aircraft

Nothing but thumbs up for Dana and Larry at Chief. Never had a problem with them. And with the current gas prices going up like mad i bet UPS and others are charging a sur-charge to all their deliveries. So keep that in mind that prices do change without notice. Give them a break and you guys at Chief keep uo the good work.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:19 AM
mustang105

Then you can make up for the thousands they'll lose from my business going elsewhere.

Chuck
Old 04-05-2003, 05:41 AM
jerrysu29

Default Go Man Go!!!

Then go elsewhere and pay more for most of what your buying This is a free country and you can spend your money where you want to, but I see no reason for slamming Chief Aircraft for such
a trivial matter if you do not like there service or products,by all means go elsewhere
Old 04-05-2003, 05:45 AM
mustang105

Default Chill out dude

You sound like you work for Chief now.

Chuck
Old 04-05-2003, 05:56 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Larry and Dana at Chief have always been polite and helpful to me.

Yhe only time i had a "Gotcha" there was when I wanted a plane in a hurry, and had gotten used to $20 air shipment from Illinois.

Told Dana to send me an UltraStick 120 by air, didn't bother to ask shipping price. Cost $50 - oversize package. My fault, not theirs.

And they still have my business - good people.

Bill.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:14 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Mustang, one thing you'll find here is that in most cases for every person with a complaint about a company, there are ten that are willing to share positive experiences. There's little point in arguing with those that have had good experiences, or suggesting that they must be somehow connected to the company that wronged you.

If you don't like Cheif, don't do business with them anymore.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:14 AM
fpayer
My Feedback: (22)

Default Mustang 105

Your not the only one that spends thousands of dollars. I prefer Chief, why dont you help out your local hobbyshop and buy from them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.