Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Why are we all on "Yahoo?"

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Why are we all on "Yahoo?"

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 02:36 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why are we all on "Yahoo?"

I am going to be a bit evasive on details but you'll get the point. I was always under the assumption that what we all talk about here on RCU stays on RCU. It does not. On several occasions I will use the Yahoo search for some thing and up comes RCU with the thread of a particular subject. This has happened several times.
More recently was a bashing thread I happened to be part of. The other day I went looking up a brand of that very subject. A few things cam up to include an RCU mess on it. I guess my question to the RCU Gods is how can you keep our threads here where they belong? Later, CH
Old 03-14-2003, 02:54 AM
WreckRman2
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Search engines spider the threads then they show up on many different search engines.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM
smokingcrater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

generally you WANT the threads to show up everywhere possible, the board is most likely designed to accomodate search spiders. it helps ranking for the search engines, which in turns brings in more members.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:52 AM
Juice

Anything you write on the internet should be considered public domain... whether is in a forum such as RCU, e-mail, instant messages, or whatever. If you are not comfortable that the whole world can read a message you just wrote, then don't send it. That's the rule of thumbs I go by whenever I'm on the internet.

Juice
Old 03-14-2003, 05:09 AM
mvigod
Banned

if you can see it on the web then so can anyone...there are copyright issues at times....
Old 03-14-2003, 03:05 PM
mulligan

I hate this!

<The above hatred is copyrighted by mulligan and cannot be re-spewed without the express emotional outburst from the original flamer>
Old 03-14-2003, 04:36 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

Cyclic, You certainly did have the wrong impression. Anything you type on your cyber keyboard can be picked up and sold, traded, slandered or otherwise misused by anyone willing to take the time to read it. They don't need your permission and they certainly won't notify you.

If you want to talk trash, I'll be at Buder park Saturday.

Tom