Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

For Sale, Sig Kadet LT-25 every upgrade, RTF, $6000

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

For Sale, Sig Kadet LT-25 every upgrade, RTF, $6000

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 04:00 AM
bear750
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale, Sig Kadet LT-25 every upgrade, RTF, $6000

Is it just me, or has the swap shop been inundated with new members making unrealistic ads for items to sell. Such as cutting and pasting the an items specs and photos from another website or trying to describe something in R/C lingo that is obviously foreign to them. You can't really reply to the post and say "You idiot, I know your trying to rip off some poor, naive fool", but you hate to see it happen. I guess we can't really ask the mods to scrutinize each post, either. Just makes you feel sorry for the guy who falls for it.

Ok, I feel better now. The soapbox if free for the next user.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:10 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or some unbelieveable bargains from Newbies with no history and no knowledge about what they are selling. Is this stuff warm? Or are we going to hear about people who got ripped off. Remember, if the person you buy from is new with no history and you pay an unbelieveably low price for something but don't receive it, expect no sympathy from me, but do remember I have a bridge for sale cheap.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:32 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Bear:

I just caught some flak from a moderator for making a post stating the asking price for some used radio gear was almost full retail.

Go figure.

Bill.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:45 AM
4*60

It has to be buyer beware. I think that's the best policy, but we can grumble about .
Old 03-14-2003, 01:23 PM
bear750

Originally posted by William Robison
Bear:

I just caught some flak from a moderator for making a post stating the asking price for some used radio gear was almost full retail.

Go figure.

Bill.
Well, it's not even so much the price that chaps me. This is America, and you can sell anything for any amount, as long as you can find a buyer.
It's when one of these guys offers up a radio, plane, chopper or some other piece of equipment and apparently knows absolutely nothing about it. They may say they're sellling an O.S. .32-.46 2c engine with one sentence of description in their own words, and then proceed to cut and paste the entire page from Tower's Website, including an obvious factory photo.

I guess the point is, that it seems like the mods might should start asking questions if it is obvious that the guy is all of the below:
1. new to the board with no Karma
2. has 100 posts in the swap shop within his first month
3. is selling something he obviously knows nothing about
4. has priced the item without regard to what it may actually be worth.

Again, I'm not saying I want anyone to censor ads or give a newbie an undeserved hard time, but some of this stuff is blatantly obvious, i.e., who in the world would believe that some guy bought a Raptor, installed every upgrade available, sunk $4000 in it, never flew it, and is trying to sell it along with some extra "long propeller-like things" for the bargain price of $1400 - "you save over $2500!! I've done all the work for you!!".

Some of it makes for good humor, but most of it is just annnoying. I'm thinking some of these theives must have been kicked off Ebay and are trolling for other places to sell their "invisible" goods.

I think the mods do an overall good job around here, and I don't want the boards to turn into a completely censored place, but can't we atleast question some of these new sellers? Like , "Hey, if you don't have a dig camera, that's fine, but don't post a factory pic of the XYZ 1/4 scale Extra 330". Just say "I don't have pics, but you can go to xyz.com and see their plane".

Ok, that's enough for now...
Old 03-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

I personally think that a $6000 for an LT-25 post should be deleted by a moderator. I would have reported that had I seen it. Part of the benefit of having a moderated BB should be that off the wall posts like that are deleted. Good job William for reporting those posts. Please continue to do so.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

OH, I just remembered another good reason why those posts should be axed! They wreck the sales for those of us that actually put stuff on the board at fair prices. I put some stuff on at what I thought were really good prices. Then I got a ton of lowball offers I couldn't believe. I understand that everyone is looking for a bargain, but maybe there wouldn't be so much of it if the crazy priced people weren't allowed to post their unrealistic stuff.
Old 03-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Gene Chernosky
My Feedback: (182)

Default Internet Wheelin' and Dealin'

I've been doing this for five years and have bought and sold a LOT of R/C stuff. I've seen great deals all the way to ridiculous prices. Further, I have learned to read ads and replies carefully to "weed out" the charlatans that either don't have a clue about what they are selling or that are simply trying to rip you off. Then the other side of the coin, when I am selling something at a fair and reasonable price...yea, I get the idiotic low-ball offers too...like they seem to think I owe it to them...yea, right!

Oh well, it's a free country, just be careful out there...as stated...Buyer Beware!
Old 03-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Default Re: Internet Wheelin' and Dealin'

Originally posted by Gene Chernosky
I've been doing this for five years and have bought and sold a LOT of R/C stuff. Oh well, it's a free country, just be careful out there...as stated...Buyer Beware!
Oh yea, Gene has bought a wee bit of stuff....there was a time back in the day where we seemed to be in competition looking for engines to buy...we bothe had the "46" bug and were sucking up every 46 in sight.
Heck, I even sold Gene a MDS 46 blackhead....neener, neener.
But that's OK, he got me back.

Seems Gene is a closet gardner. Well, not in the closet but one day he asked me ifn I liked chili peppers....I said in my most manly on line voice.."well heck yea I do! Never met a pepper that I didn't like"

Well Gene, sneak that he is, said "well I'll just send you a few from my garden"....Habeneros, that is...red gold....swimmin pools....movie stars...

Well next thing you know Ole Mikes a chili maker....tosses Genes peppa in...for flavor...essence.....Texas tea........

Well the kin folk said "Hey move away from there..! kitchens burnin down the house, family, friends are cryin', runnin around lookin for bread, milk any dam thing to put out the 87 alarm fire raging through my home...

Oh yea, Gene got me back times 10 for selling him that old MDS....(stands for Must Die Soon..or Many Dead Sticks)

I'm waiting to pay him back one day...

Oh, and properly used, the Habeneros are one fine Chili...Just a pinch 'tween yur cheek and gum....
You get the idea...
Old 03-14-2003, 07:37 PM
Planecrazee
My Feedback: (1)

I'm new to this and will be the first to admit, I haven't got a clue. That's why I'm here, to learn. In the week I've been here, I've probably read 3 or 4 thousand posts.

I'll be getting a new trainer (never been flown) and a used JR computer radio in a trade that I advertised on here.

Maybe the moderator could take a more active roll in checking messages, so us newbees don't get burned. Or at least the more seasoned users forget being "PC" and warn us when they see something that is obviously "out of the norm".

My rambeling points being:
1. Just because we're new, not all of us are crooked.
2. You more expericenced guys, quit being so damn PC. Warn us new guys when you see something that is an obvious fraud.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:46 PM
4*60

I did email a poster with a polite heads up warning and did get thanked. That was kind of cool!
Old 03-14-2003, 07:57 PM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Default Hmmmm

I am not sure what to say about the checking of posts...Quite a few mods check each and every sale post in their forums. But who am I to censor a post that is near retail price? Or call a new guy on the carpet because he isn't asking enough? I have a feeling if I questioned a thread because the originator was not asking "enough" (whatever that means) I'd be chastised by those who missed out on the "deal"...

If the price is too high, then let it run its course. The price will get lower, or the thread will die.

I think that everyone should do the research before buying anything, and if they aren't sure after doing the work, there are many knowledgable folks here on RCU that can help. I have asked for advice many times.

:bananahea
Old 03-15-2003, 04:34 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to agree with my peer, Edge fanatic. It is not the job of a moderator to set price's. The moderators' are charged with making sure that the rule's of RCU are adhered to and to get rule breakers back on the right track. With as many post's that I look at a week, I have seen both ends of the spectrum and I have to admit that it makes me laugh at time's. Looking at EBay is also a most enjoyable experiance in that I see so many folks getting into RC without a clue on what some of the stuff is worth. I have seen Futaba servo's sell for $20.00. I can buy the same servo from any mail order house for $14.00. When I asked the buyer about it he told me he was ahead of the game in that he was only going to spend $5.00 on shipping instead of $7.00. At this point in time I did indeed realize that there is a communication break down of some sort. It is a buyers beware world here at RCU, as well as at any other board of this type.
Old 03-15-2003, 05:28 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It is a buyer beware world. I am lucky in that the hundreds of things I have bought and sold on here and ebay, I have only been taken one time. It was a healthy one though. I was buying a heli for $300 and got a box of wrecked parts. Not even the engine is good. My loss.

The other thing that ticks me off are some of the kids on here. I answered a post on here and all of a sudden I am getting really vulgar childish emails from a bonehead who thinks I made him look bad because I disagreed with his idea. Had to be a kid because an adult wouldn't say some of the crap or use some of the names this kid used. I would think if they were mature enough to be on here, they would act mature, but I guess not always the case. What a pain. Haven't had one of those till today. Overall, the site is great and does what it is set up to do.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:18 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ed:
Originally posted by FLYBOY
...Had to be a kid because an adult wouldn't say some of the crap or use some of the names this kid used. I would think if they were mature enough to be on here, they would act mature, but I guess not always the case. What a pain... Overall, the site is great and does what it is set up to do.
Have to agree with you about a lot of the posters, they act like people whose parents met only once, and that was the result of a quick business transaction.

But I still try to work with them, teaching by example, as it were.

And yes, Marc has a good site - very few things to fuss about.

You don't have to know who your parents are,
. To know that "C" comes right after "R."

Bill.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:46 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well just about everything has been chewed on here. I have to agree about the cut and pasted pictures that do not represent the actual item for sale. I know not everyone has a digital camera so there should be a rule that if you want to post a photo of an item for descriptive purposes then you need to label it as such. Pete
In God we Trust. Everyone else must show Data
Old 03-15-2003, 02:01 PM
Taildrager-inactive
My Feedback: (11)

So what: if the price a newbe asks is off base, or they cut & paste a picture of a item they are selling, we should be glad that new young members are participating at RCU, not *****ing at there mistakes. They will catch on, especially if there item is priced to high, and realize there mistake. Not every one can afford a digital camera, or like me who had every intention of buying one for the last month, but a couple of kits I just had to have got in the way of that.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:20 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the LT-25 still for sale?
Old 03-15-2003, 02:27 PM
bear750

I think the point of the post was either lost or was never clear in the first place. All I was saying was that when someone posts something for sale that they are obviously misrepresenting or have no intention of selling (basically fraud), maybe they should be called on the carpet. Like I said before, anyone can sell anything for any price, let the buyer be the judge, ie., if you want to buy a $300 radio for $500, so be it. But when someone is intentionally trying to mislead potential buyers with obvously misleading facts, maybe we should collectively ask some questions. These posts are not the norm, as I'm sure most are legitimate. Check the sellers profile, karma, etc. If they sound deceptive, they probably are.

Yes Crazy, I did sell it to three other guys, but you can have it too.
Old 03-15-2003, 03:17 PM
edge_fanatic

Default Well...

Bear,

I ask that you report all such posts that you believe should be scrutinized.

I'm still not sure what kind of post you are talking about except for one post I saw a few weeks ago. But its the only one I've seen since I've been here as a mod.

You said in your original post that the it appeared that the swap shop has been inundated, so there must be many more than I've seen. Will you please report them using the "report to mod" selection that is in each post? If you'd rather, send the link to the ad to me, and I'll review it and pass it upstairs if it needs handling.

Cheers,

Sean
Old 03-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Planecrazee
My Feedback: (1)

Default Re: Well...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by edge_fanatic
[B]Bear,

I ask that you report all such posts that you believe should be scrutinized.

I'm still not sure what kind of post you are talking about except for one post I saw a few weeks ago. But its the only one I've seen since I've been here as a mod.

Sorry if I went a little overboard. This was what I was talking about. The more seasoned veterans on here looking out for us new guys. I have no idea what parts should cost yet. I'm just getting into the hobby. I'm learning a lot and haven't even gotten a plane off the ground. Unless you count my Fighterbird (I don't).
Old 03-15-2003, 09:30 PM
edge_fanatic

Default heh

Not overboard at all...

We are all here to learn, grow in the hobby, teach others etc.

I do believe folks help out others on a regular basis. Again, sometimes the best protection is knowledge. If you want to participate in a deal and want help knowing if it is reasonable, then ask someone who has been around.

I'd be pleased to help you, if I can. If I can't I probably know someone who can.

Enjoy!