Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hawaii

Old 12-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Rosisco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawaii

Does anyone know of any flying sites in Hawaii or on any of the other Islands?...........
We are taking a cruise at the end of January and will be at several different Islands in the Hawaii chain. We will have many hours to explore as we will be in a new port each morning for most of the day...........
We used to have a fellow from Kelowna, Canada who used to fly there every winter...............
Just thought I might check out a couple of new sites..............
Ross
Old 12-28-2007, 10:48 AM
ctshepherd
My Feedback: (34)

Default RE: Hawaii

Aloha State Radio Control... http://www.asrcc.org/ Their website is under construction, but they have email links.

Flew with them about 10 years ago when I was visiting relatives. Nice bunch of guys/gals.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Live Wire

Hawaiia RCCA Is a RC wed. site

spelling
Old 12-28-2007, 03:16 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

Hawaiia RCCA Is a RC wed. site

spelling
So they only fly on Wednesday's?
Old 12-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Hircflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Rosisco

Does anyone know of any flying sites in Hawaii or on any of the other Islands?...........
We are taking a cruise at the end of January and will be at several different Islands in the Hawaii chain. We will have many hours to explore as we will be in a new port each morning for most of the day...........
We used to have a fellow from Kelowna, Canada who used to fly there every winter...............
Ross
I am the Secretary of the club....IM me and I will give you all the details...
Old 12-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Live Wire

SDC
they just put their site on our's I could tell you less
Old 12-29-2007, 04:40 AM
etchase

www.mauirc.com for maui rc modelers web site.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

By "We are taking a cruise" I assume you mean you and your wife. Dude, you are dead meat if you even consider flying RC while you are over there. I spent 10 days on Kona in October and I just joked to the wife about finding a RC field and got "the look". Besides you will be in the most beautiful place on earth for a only short time and will forget all about RC.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Rosisco

No, I'm not going to fly but it sure nice to see other flying sites and meet fellow modellers. My wife and I are outdoor folk. We would rather be out camping, hiking and playing with our two golden retreivers than hang out in all the tourist traps. We probably will rent a car or motorbike and go exploring, hiking swimming etc. My wife is one of a kind. She totally respects our hobby, enjoys camping at events throughout BC and even wants to hit a few events in Washington State............just lucky I guess...........
Old 12-29-2007, 07:41 PM
JKEpps
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Rosisco

Ross
Ross, we took a cruise last year (Norwegian Cruise Lines) and we had a blast, except for being sea-sick. The ship we were on was one of the smaller ones, and it rocked liked a rocking chair the entire time. Apparently there is a patch you can put on behind your ear, but it's prescription only, so get some before your trip. We hit several of the islands too, and it was a great trip. Hopefully you'll have time to visit a flying field, as we didn't have much time at each port of call. If I remember correctly, we docked and disembarked around 10ish, and had to be back by 4, so make sure you plan your excursions accordingly. By the way, oddly enough, we found the best place to buy souverniers was Walmart. They had some nice stuff at great prices. But be careful, I got my (front) pocket picked as I was leaving Walmart. Lost all my ID, credit cards and $500 in cash (Travelers Checks would have been better). Luckily I had my passport in a fanny pack.

Have Fun!!!!

Jorden
Old 12-30-2007, 09:42 AM
BillyGoat

You will likely be in Kona for a day and if you are there on a Thursday or Sunday morning, the Kona R/C flyers will be flying about a mile from the port. http://www.konarcflyers.com

PM’ed you with more info.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Just kidding man. Actually my wife is the same way. If I had really wanted to she would have been more than happy to go with me but like I said there is so much to see and do there even with ten days I didn't find time.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:42 AM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

Ross, what time should I be ready by and how many bags can I bring

Steve
Old 01-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Rosisco

ORIGINAL: Hughes500E

Ross, what time should I be ready by and how many bags can I bring

Steve

Steve, Load that Waco in a big box and have it at my house by FRIDAY JAN 26...........about 8 days later come over.......