Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

WARNING: Banana Hobby

Old 01-23-2008, 08:01 PM
aircraftking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING: Banana Hobby

Ok, I have to take a moment to warn others about bananahobby.com. My family ordered me a plane for christmas. It was a 3CH Blue Bird electric plane, or so the description said. They put a request in the comment field saying it was a christmas present and send it out asap please and this was a week before christmas. A confirmation email was sent confirming the order. Well, after waiting over 3 weeks, here it was the 2nd week in january and I still did not get the plane. During the time the order was placed, I went to the site to check the plane out again. Then I could not find it anywhere! I only seen a 2CH blue bird and it was the same price. Then I wondered if they put the incorrect descripton. So checking the email, nothing was sent so I checked the status of the order from the one and only confirmation email I received from them, what do you know, status said... order cancelled. No reason, no nothing, just order cancelled and they never even was decent enough to call or write email or anything stating why it was cancelled. Then I gave them the benefit of the doubt, I placed a second order on the 2CH blue bird that was up there since there was no such thing as a 3CH in this plane. At this same time, my brother-in-law order a plane too. After about 10 days I finally got mine and my brother-in-law got his too. His was not the same plane that was described in the one he ordered. After calling and calling them over and over, he finally got through and they told him it was the incorrect description and gave him a $5.00 credit back. He was extremely unsatisfied to the point he won't ever order anything from them again. When I got my plane I though wow finally got my christmas present, here it was mid january so I would hope so. Put it all together, a week later charged up the battery and got ready to fly, what do you know... the plane you not turn on. Then the transmitter kept turning on and off by itself, then I smelt a burning smell for a couple of seconds coming from the transmitter so I turned it off. I read the manual over and over, tried everything and anything I could, the plane would not turn on at all. I wrote them an email yesterday regarding it, they did not respond. So I wrote them another one today after trying numerous times to call them and getting a busy signal everytime. So I tried calling them about 30 minutes ago and it did ring (WOW!) but this time a recording came on and said it was after hours they were open until 12pm- 6pm pacific time. The recording also said only leave a message if its any emergency or your order has not been received in a week. So here it is, 2 days gone by, not response from email or phone. I have ordered many things online from telescopes, to computer hardware, to cloths you name it, never have I experienced this kind of poor service ever. To think these people have my credit card number now scares me to death. They have until tomorrow to respond to me, send me an RMA or whatever they need to do or I will fill a complaint to the better business bureau. Do NOT, do NOT order from this site, tell everyone any of you know who are into R/C planes or whatever to NOT order from these people. This said, is there any site that someone here can recommend I do my ordering from for R/C planes (and helicopters)? Check the link out below, posted on this site and a person is complaining about them regarding many of the same issues I had. Watch out also for raidentech.com and nitroplanes.com. I think they are all owned by the same organization, although I had an ok experience with nitroplanes (but only ordered one plane) so I am not 100% sure about this but those 2 sites look very similar to bananahobby.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_55...tm.htm#5585381

I wrote this message yesterday but did not post it, wanted to give banana hobby a chance to see if they will respond to my emails. Also been trying all evening to get them on the phone, constantly busy signal. No email responses and cannot get anyone on the phone. As a result, I just finished filing a complaint with the better business bureau. If this don't work, my attorney is the next step. I figured to help others, I should post this now so no one else will go through the problems I had.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:59 PM
jjmak

Default RE: WARNING: Do NOT order from banana hobby

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BANANNA HOBBY...THE SAME BS ...NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE AT ALL!!!! i PAID FOR OVER NIGHT EXPRESS, AND THIS PUNK STARTS TO RAMBLE ON ABOUT HIS KIDS ALMOST MISSED THE BUS AND HE COULDNT SEND IT...THEN HE SAID THAT THE LINE AT THE POST OFFICE WAS TOO LONG AND MISSED THE CUT OFF TIME FOR OVER NIGHT....THEN HE TOLD ME HED REFUND THE OVER NIGHT FEE AND i STILL HAVE NOT RECIEVED AN ORDER CONFORMATION OR A REFUND...i F i DONT SEE THE REFUND ON MY DEBIT CARD AND OR MY HELI IN THE MORNING...THESE YAMMA AR3E GOING STRAIGHT TO JAIL. LITTLE DO THEY KNOW i AM ALSO AN OFFICER AND i AM TIRED OF THESE PIECES OF------ ACTING LIKE THE GETTO GARBAGE THAT THEY ARE...NOW IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO PAY THEIR TAXES!!!! OH YES ELVIS! THEY ARE GOING DOWN AND RIGHTFULLY SO.......EVERY ONE SAYS THE EXACT SAME ----- NO ANSWER THE PHONE...NO RESPOND TO EMAILS...O BUT THEY RETURNED MY CALL TO TAKE THE MONEY RIGHT? OF COURSE THEY DID...THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINING...BANANA HOBBY IS A SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM ...HOW CAN THEY BE ALLOWEED TO OPERATE AND STEAL MONEY? WELL THE ANSWER IS THEY CANT....AND i WILL NOW SHOW YOU ALL WHY AND HOW THEY CANT....WATCH AND LEARN HOW THEY END UP IN COURT WITH FINES UP THE WAZOO.THIS IS A LESSON THAT APPEARS TO HAVE COST ME 500. DOLLS.....BUT THE GAME IS COMING TO AN END FOR BANNARAMMA....THE BIGGEST GETTOIST BS HOBBY STORE SCAM I HAVE EVER SEEN FIRST HAND IN MY LIFE......THE RC STUFF LOOKS VERY NICE....BUT IF WE CANT GET IT....THEN WHAT GOOD IS IT? WELL, MY FRIENDS, JOIN ME ON THE TAKE DOWN OF THE RC HELICOPTER BS SCAMMERS..... B-E-W-A-R-E- O-F- -B-A-N-A-N-A- H-O-B-B-Y THEY ARE BS TERS, AND i CANT BELIEVE THE LAPD AND LAPD SHERIFFS OFFICE ALLOWS THESE PIECES OF ----- TO EVEN HAVE A LIGHT BILL LET ALONE A STORE. NEVER EVEN ORDER A NOTHING FROM THESE SCAMMERS......I WISH I KNEW HOW TO POST A SITE
Old 01-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

One thing Nitro plane, Raidentech, Xheli and several other "companies" all have in common is that stupid jingle of a song while you wait on hold for 45 minutes to talk with somebody. They have very poor customer service. Live and learn you guys
Old 01-24-2008, 08:38 AM
outdoorhunting

If you've paid for it w/ credit card. Get hold of your charge card company. Explain what is happening with the Banana boys. It sounds like you've documented everything. That's good. Tell your credit card company everything. They will instigate a "charge-back" to the retailer & take the charges off your account! The retailer will then have the burden of proof ( that they gave good sevice & tried to ship or deliver) before the credit card co. will release the funds, & I'm positive that they will only do that with your approval. If you've not paid for it yet, consider yourself very, verylucky!!! About the onlything you can do is let EVERYONE you know about the Bannana boys, I know I will. Good luck!!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:40 AM
outdoorhunting

Buy cheap-- expect cheap !!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:30 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts
Default RE: WARNING: Banana Hobby

Someone already beat you to the BBB they all have an F (BH, RT, NP) with the BBB in California.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:16 PM
aircraftking

Guys, I think I figured it out. Checkout another site, www.grandhobby.com looks like another part of their organization. It appears to me what is going on is they open a site, rip people off and when they are reported to the BBB, the make another site which will not yet have BBB complaints filed. They rip off as many people as they can, when the complaints start to be sent in to BBB, they move on. Rinse and repeat. This is what is going on and how they are able to continue doing business. I think I am going to request the FBI do an investigation of this whole organization. If anyone else has had a bad experience with banana hobby, please post here and we can setup a class action law suite. When I contact an attorney, I will give the info here and we can get the ball rolling and put these people out of business and get our hard earned money back. I will not allow them to steal from me, nor will I allow them to continue ripping others off. Also, has anyone seen how inaccurate their descriptions of their r/c planes are? Try the Blue Bird for example, they say 2500ft range when in the manual and on the box it says 300m which is half of what it says in their description online. This is just one small example, there is false and inaccurate info in every one of the descriptions on their site. Some of it is completely wrong! So, I want to hear more of others experience from banana hobby. Tell me how much money they stole from you, how they ignored you when trying to contact them.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:15 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Banana Hobby and Raidentech share the same IP address for their website. Raidentech and Nitro Models have the same phone number. Hmmmmm!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:49 PM
aircraftking

Well they have it down solid now. Let the BBB complaints rack up, reopen under a new name, change the graphics and look of the site, copy and paste all the descriptions and other site code then finally publish. Just that easy, now they have yet another site up but the new one has zero BBB complaints so they start all over. They don't have to worry if the old sites don't make enough money since the new ones will.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:19 PM
outdoorhunting

If we can keep this thread going & let everybody we know about these turkeys. We can accomplish what the BBB can't !!!!!!!!! I've e-mailed all my flying buddies, you guys at RCU do the same, we'll have em !!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:45 AM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are certainly wrong about this. Bananahobby is not RT, NP, and xheli. Infact if you do more research, but I doubt you will, NP is a paid advertiser under RCU and they have their own support forum and I know John provides excellent service under NP. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_456/tt.htm

before you make a claim get your facts straight.

Andy
ORIGINAL: Cyclic Hardover

One thing Nitro plane, Raidentech, Xheli and several other "companies" all have in common is that stupid jingle of a song while you wait on hold for 45 minutes to talk with somebody. They have very poor customer service. Live and learn you guys
Old 02-01-2008, 04:49 AM
yadac123

can you prove it? It's hosted under yahoo small business. Again get you facts straight plz. RT and NP does have same number because they are from the same company. RT and NP have been around for long enough. search RCU

ORIGINAL: mscic-RCU

Banana Hobby and Raidentech share the same IP address for their website. Raidentech and Nitro Models have the same phone number. Hmmmmm!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:53 AM
yadac123

If you guys want to bash bananahobby that's fine but xheli, rt, NP should leave out of this. NP has dedicated support forum under RCU and they provide A+ customer service. If you have order issues you can pm JOHN under NP and I'm sure he'll help.

Andy
Old 02-01-2008, 04:54 AM
blockbusterb

Bananahobby is not related to Raidentech or Grandhobby. I called Raidentech, they said they are not Bananahobby. So if you have bought stuff from Bananahobby, please file a complain against them. If you didn't buy from Raidentech or some other websites, please DO NOT link them. Otherwise, they can sue you liable for false accusation.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:18 AM
mj008

i think they all hosted by Yahoo. if you ping store.yahoo.com, will give you the same ip.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:52 PM
nitrostaff1

If you fly ARF kits and you've purchased products from NP and you have an issue, then you must know me, John. I want to make it clear that NP, RT, Xheli are not related to BANANA HOBBY AT ALL. In fact they copied our website layout. NP has dedicated support forum and we are in monitor.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 02-01-2008, 07:04 PM
outdoorhunting

I've got a couple of Nitro planes & they're great. Their staff,- the ones that I've dealt with are first class !!! It's not too often you can get a good product at a great price AND get good service too.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:38 PM
streetfighter

Anything new on this guys? Looks like Banana Hobby's scammed me also, to the tune of $416 bucks! Charged my card but no shipment and no response to emails and/or telephone calls.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:33 PM
outdoorhunting

Check out my response 2/24 It explains what you can do with your credit card company.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

It's good someone took the initiative to get the word out. I won't ever take a chance dealing with them just based solely on this thread, and I've never heard of them until now. Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:32 AM
outdoorhunting

The bad thing about this internet thing, is they can be in business under a new name in a nanno-second ripping you off again & you would have no idea it was the same guys. Our only idea seems to be get it cheap & quick. I do buy online-- BUT, I try to check out the company first. I think it would be a great idea to have a thread devoted only to busnesses that have ripped us off. The main problem would be some unreasonable customer trying to, in a way, blackmail & badmouth a good dealer. For instance, somebody in this thread a while back started to bash Nitro. They had no facts,just"had heard something" I have yet to see anybody try harder to please than them. All it takes is somebody with a vendeta against a good dealer & a few people jumping on the bandwagon taking that one doo-doo's word to hurt a good company.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Sean C
My Feedback: (25)

The name alone would deter me [&:]
Old 02-14-2008, 08:27 PM
SADIE21

Hello, well i just wanted to tell you about my experiance with banana hobby, it was a really good one. they were really nice and helpful people. i ordered my f-15 eagle about 2 days ago then i started reading all these claims about this place so i put a hold on my credit card. Greg actually called me and asked what the problem was i told him about what ive been reading. i then got the warehouse location and went there myself. i picked up my product and guess what everything was brand new, no used parts no used anything like you guys were claiming. these people are not frauds. there products are not cheap products either, just because they sell them cheaper to you guys doesnt mean its a cheap product. So for those people making false claims just so you can get more advertisement on your store thats jus pretty pathetic and cheap, and for those people that get there product and then put a hold on your credit card so that you dont get charged thats just pretty sad too! look for anyone that believes me the reason why your call isnt getting through is because they only have a few people picking up phone calls and they pick them up in the order they were recieved so if it takes a while have some patience they are trying, oh and not responding to your email well keep in mind they literally had 4000 unread messages when i was there they showed me. its really sad these people went into this industry because they loved it and due to these false claims they are having to struggle to keep there good name at peace. how do i know all this you ask, well because i really talked to them on 02/14/08! There not ripping people off and your packages that are "never sent" you should try asking UPS about it first before you jump to conclusions its not banana hobbys fault that UPS cant find your address. Any ways for anybody that believes me Banana hobby is a good company to order from they are good people just doing what they love. in fact there such nice people that they havent even defended themselves against your false claims see i dont work for them so i dont care what you think or say about me, but anyways to banana hobby if you read this thank you for my plane and i will probably see you soon. take care.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:27 PM
streetfighter

Sadie21 I am glad you recieve your order. I finally recieved mine today too, after about a month of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. At first I was under the impression that this company was a scam, but now I realize they must just suffer from a pathetic lack of buisness know how. If you cannot provide the very basics of a modern internet mail order service then you need to choose another career, because there are enough companies that are succeeding at this quite well.
As I said I finally recieve my order, or someone elses, I'm not sure, after about a month of having my phone calls and emails ignored. I had to resort to threatening them with legal action to get any response whatsoever. The order I recieve is not the model I ordered and to add insult to injury, it was damaged. I only wish I lived close enough to go to the company in person as you did, but not for a warm and fuzzy experience. There are other companies out there who can provide products in a timely manner, in good condition for a fair price, and they know how important it is to answer their freakin telephone and emails! And yes, UPS knows how to find my house, thank you, they're pretty good at that kind of thing.
To anyone even remotely thinking about ordering from Banana Hobby, two words, do not.
P.S. If a company has "4000 unread emails", it might point to the fact that they have a customer service problem, duh?
Old 03-09-2008, 05:08 PM
australia1

THE MOST CROOKED HOBBYSHOP IN THE WORLD

I recieved an R/C boat from Banana Hobby- this boat did not work and by the rust inside had been used.
They also billed my credit card $437 for some other RC tanks that did not arrive plus cost of postage.
All sorts of excuses and then refusal to answer any of my emails.
In all they have ripped me off about $700.
Still with a name like Bana Hobby I should have got a few clues!
I have reported them to the FBI fraud division.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.