Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Whats wrong at Cox ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 06:32 PM
crownvic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong at Cox ?

I have tried to get in touch with Cox for the last 2 weeks and talk to a human there. But all I get is a recording saying to leave a message. I have left 5 messages and no returns yet. is there a special phone number you have to call. If there anyone that can help me I would be very thankful I need some parts for my Waco!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:17 PM
chashint

Default RE: Whats wrong at Cox ?

I looked at the Cox site a couple of weeks ago anf they had virtually nothing in stock, I was wondering if they were on their last leg.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:39 PM
crownvic

I finally got a hold of someone there and was told that theygot rid of that pica line didnt sell. he said that they sent every thing back to china and that there was nothing left.I told him that it was a hell of a way to treat your customers.When I just bought it 4 months ago. Iasked about warranty. HE said sorry thats the way it is CV
Old 07-30-2008, 08:14 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: crownvic

I finally got a hold of someone there and was told that theygot rid of that pica line didnt sell. I asked about warranty. HE said sorry thats the way it is CV
"Pica line that didn't sell".. I wonder if they figured out that not many people would buy a car they couldn't get parts or service for.......or an airplane. THAT'S why the line didn't sell. I have the 1/5 Waco, thought it was fairly well engineered, although I'll never understand why they made so many "unscale" changes to what was a very close to scale model. Maybe that's ANOTHER reason the line didn't sell.

Warranty? What warranty? I think they (Cox) must have "Caveat Emptor" tatoo'd on their collective arse. Good riddance.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

I called them about a year ago, and whoever the guy was I talked to seemed like a real tubesteak. I was trying a longshot, last ditch effort to get some parts for my vintage Canario, and he said he had it laying around. I asked how much to send it, and his answer was "I'm not getting involved with that." I didn't realize sending a small plastic part out required so much involvment. While I had him, I asked what happened to all their small engines, and he only would say (again, very curt) "we've decided to go a different direction." Yeah, gone. Oh well, it's not like there's much of a use for .049's anyway, since the new electric stuff is a MUCH better way to power small planes. The only bad part is I recall seeing not long ago they were planning on doing a re-release of some of their old ARFs, such as the Sportavia. That would've been sweet.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:19 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Didn't sell eh? I wonder what the backorder for the Waco and T-28 were. Everyone who got one loved 'em.....
Old 08-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Whoa, looks like everything is 33% off on their website. I guess they are going out of business....that's ashame.