Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

KEN/TENN FLYING

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 06:58 PM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KEN/TEN FLYING

ORIGINAL: Nogyro
It can't be any worse than the Cap. [X(]
LOL This is true.

========

Hey, you got any plans for the weekend of March 7th-8th? (Not this weekend, but the next). Thought I might give the trailer a "road test" that Saturday, and wander down your way.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Nogyro
My Feedback: (10)

Hey Greg,

There are certain advantages that come with age. Getting to fly more often is one of them.

Calling for rain up here tomorrow, so don't get your hopes up on flying.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Nogyro

ORIGINAL: gboulton

Hey, you got any plans for the weekend of March 7th-8th? (Not this weekend, but the next). Thought I might give the trailer a "road test" that Saturday, and wander down your way.
As of right now I don't. We'll have to see what the weather is going to do and maybe get together. A possibility would be to meet at Mac's so you wouldn't have as far to go on the first trip out.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:07 PM
GregT882762

figures,lol
Old 02-24-2009, 08:39 PM
JNohsey
My Feedback: (28)

Frank, where are we going to meet and fly. I'm ready to take my trailer out to.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 PM
JNohsey

Not a whole lot of flying happening in this neck of the woods...particularly out of MY hangar.

Time has been being spent outfitting the spiffy new 5x10 trailer:

[
Hey gboulton let see some pic's of the inside of your trailer.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 PM
brewski

Hey Frank,

I got out today and even remembered the transmitter. Not a bad evening but I really look forward to the sunny 70's.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:51 PM
gboulton

A possibility would be to meet at Mac's so you wouldn't have as far to go on the first trip out.
That'd be AWESOME. An excellent first trip. let's stay in touch about that.

ORIGINAL: Jnohsey
Hey gboulton let see some pic's of the inside of your trailer.
I'll see what I can do about that tomorrow. JUST got in from working on the Splat, too dark to take pics now.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Nogyro

ORIGINAL: JNohsey

Frank, where are we going to meet and fly. I'm ready to take my trailer out to.
Hey Jim,

You can come over here anytime you like. We might be planning a trip over to Mac's place in a couple weeks to meet up with Gordon. Mac lives over near Hopkinsvlle and Cadiz Ky. You guys are more than welcome to come to that one as well if it works out.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Nogyro

ORIGINAL: brewski

Hey Frank,

I got out today and even remembered the transmitter. Not a bad evening but I really look forward to the sunny 70's.

What did you fly today Kevin?

Lets see some pics of the new WH Edge/DL-50........
Old 02-25-2009, 10:41 AM
rcpilot901

Hay everyone, I would like to put out an idea and see what everyone thinks.
We are looking at having Pylon races at Mt. Moriah Airport this year. But pylon racing with a twist. It would be run like bracket racing at the drags. No rules on the airplane or motor. Race what you bring. Each plane would have to run 2 to 3 qualifying 10 lap races. We would take the average of those qualifying races and that will be the planes dial in. If while racing you go faster than your dial in by 10% you are disqualified. We would then pair up slow planes with the fast planes for the first round. The number of rounds would depend on the number of entries. The way racing would work is – if the slow plane does 10 lap in 2 min 30 sec and the fast plane does it in 1 min 30 sec, then the slow planes takes off first and the fast plane takes off 1 min later and has to catch the other plane without breaking out. The winner of each round advances to the next round until we have a winner.
This is great fun and all planes are equal because of the bracket timing. We did this a few time in Memphis and really had a ball. If we can get enough people interested I will start setting up the course. I will need some help to put this on. Also I am thinking of charging an entry fee and the winner would get a big cut. Of course this all depends on how many entrants there are. Let me know what you think and if you would be interested in helping out.

Dave
Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Just thought I'd jump in from Bowling Green, Ky. Watch our web-site. Skymacrc.com for the coming events here. Jets in June, GS in July and war birds in Oct. Dennis
Old 02-25-2009, 05:52 PM
JNohsey

Don't think I will be able to make it out March 7th or 8th. My brother is going to be here and we are going to memphis.

As of right now I don't. We'll have to see what the weather is going to do and maybe get together. A possibility would be to meet at Mac's so you wouldn't have as far to go on the first trip out.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Tim G

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

Just thought I'd jump in from Bowling Green, Ky. Watch our web-site. Skymacrc.com for the coming events here. Jets in June, GS in July and war birds in Oct. Dennis

I'll keep a check on it and hope to make it out this year, Thanks.

Tim
Old 02-25-2009, 09:41 PM
gboulton

Well, the tail-feathers are in the Splat, epoxy hardening as I type. Tomorrow brings a WFH day, so pics of it and the trailer should be forthcoming.

==========

Frank, Mike wants to know if Sunday's acceptable for Mac's place next weekend? He'd like to tag along.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:03 AM
540edge

Hello everyone! Glad to see everyones getting ready for warmer weather. Seems like I've turned into a "fair weather" flyer over the winter but I'm getting back in the groove now. Nothing seems to work right now, though. Sent my engine back to DA to get a tune-up, T9CAP is giving me trouble with the rudder trim button not working all of a sudden, and I sold my Wild Hare to Greg! Looking real hard at a 50cc Dietrich Extra 260. Anyone have any personal experience with this aircraft? Corey
Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 PM
macg

Hey Guys, Mac here and I'm new to this thread stuff If it weren't for Nogyro I'd be lost in the world of RC airplanes I don't know all of you, but would like the opportunity to meet as many as possible. I hate to say it , but I haven't flown in 6 months and even have my own airstrip.. Hoping for more flying this year!!! Those of you who don't know me, I live in Hopkinsville, KY. and I have a fly-in each year! Everyone is welcome and all that is needed is a RSVP... That's only because I want to have enough food at the fish fry... This years fly-in is Sunday May 31st... Hope to hear from all of you soon!! Even you Gordon

MAC
Old 02-26-2009, 07:02 PM
JNohsey

Mac, welcome aboard. Frank has told me about your Fly In and I'm planning on making it. Hope to see you at some of the events this year. We are hving our FlyIn May 2 and 3 and hope that you can make it. Will you be at Franks any this yr?
Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 PM
macg

Jim, Thanks for the welcome and you and any of your friends are always welcome at my place. I'm at Frank's as much as possible and he's been up here helping me with my latest project, 35% WH Extra. I just need to get him back for about a week.. I'm just entering my 4th year at this and started way too late in life.. Not too good, but hoping to improve.. I've only met the nicest people in this sport..

Mac, soon to be NoMoGlo
Old 02-26-2009, 08:22 PM
gboulton

You KNOW I'll be there, Mac Should be bringing Scott and Mike this year too.

For those who've not been to Mac's annual fly-in, it is an event NOT to be missed! You'll see every type, size, and style of airplane you can imagine, meet some great folks, and be given a great lunch...all this in a HUGE wide open area with a grass strip that's as perfect as perfect can be. Mac's a fantastic host!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:53 PM
GregT882762

here is dads new Stearman from GP,ready to go ,will the wind ever stop here high teen winds all weekend projected
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94983.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1145806  
Old 02-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Nogyro

I know there is an OS 91 four stroke in there somewhere.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:05 AM
GregT882762

Yep,thanks to our good friend Dauber
Old 02-27-2009, 10:09 PM
j3gene
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Greg, nice looking PT-17.........hope you and Russ have a great time with it. Give me a shout out when you fly if you think of it.
I am about to start working on my Top Flite AT-6 Texan (SNJ). I have been reading the assembly manual and trying to not miss any
(oops) steps. I have new OS FS 91 Surpass for power........ Catch you later, Gene Campbell
Old 02-27-2009, 10:16 PM
GregT882762

will do gene,i had made my own nylon mounts for my syandoffs on my extra,didnt like had a buddy make me some aluminum standoffs for free,its good to have low friends in high places

pic was taken with shaky hand and a cellphone,but you can see my nice new standoffs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57698.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1146550  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.