Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

What is my responsibility?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What is my responsibility?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 PM
flyathome
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is my responsibility?

I recently sold an engine here on RCU. I am the origianl owner. I represented the engine honestly
and sold it in good faith. Now, I find the same engine listed again on RCU. The seller is mis-representing
the engine. The engine is a good engine and a buyer would not get hurt, but what he is saying about the
engine just isn't true! What, if any, responsibility do I have here? I would be very interested in your
thoughts.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 11:48 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What is my responsibility?

Well you could contact the seller and see if they would be willing to change their add other than that you could contact RCU but that might open up a can
of worms. As far as your responsiblty that hard to say with out knowing specifics
Old 04-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi flyathome,

Arr ethics 101?.

I don't believe you have any legal responsibility. I think in your position I would follow the first point raised by ira d and contact the seller and state that you are not happy with his description of the engine. You never know he may have ported the crankshaft and balanced the needle valve???

Cheers,

Colin
Old 04-16-2009, 05:34 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

At the bottom of the ad (just above the "Make an Offer" area) is a place you can make a post. Why not post what your objections are?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:44 AM
KW_Counter

How can you be so sure it is the engine you sold and not another one he got somewhere else?
I understand and applaud your concern.
However, relying on pictures may be putting you on a slippery slope.
Be very careful how you word your comments.
Something to the effect of "If this is the same engine I sold to someone then the properties are ......"
Your ethics are to be commended.
Good Luck,
KW_Counter
Old 04-16-2009, 12:07 PM
flyathome
My Feedback: (7)

I am fairly certain it is the same engine because he is using the same picture I posted in my ad and also about
half of the wording is exactly what I wrote.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:21 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

I would use the PM. Don't flame a add in public. The real question is "are you your brothers keeper". Dennis
Old 04-18-2009, 08:00 AM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is very little you can do, you sold the engine, and he is now the owner. He can do what ever he likes with it, it is NOT yours anymore..... it is a shame that there are some people who are not honest when selling items, but if the item is not owned by you you have no control......

that just how I see it....

Mark
Old 04-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Gravityisnotmyfriend
My Feedback: (2)

I'd actually like to hear the fully story here. You've only sold two items in the MarketPlace, Flyathome. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out what item you are talking about.

So, was there more time on the engine than he stated? Maybe he was honestly mistaken and didn't purposefully misrepresent the engine? Or, maybe he did purposefully misrepresent it, in which case I'd rather not deal with him - ever.

I think your responsibility is to confront him and get the truth about the whole situation. He's already sold the engine, so the point is moot. But, I would like to hear his side of the story before making my judgement.