Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Beware of Horizon Hobby

Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM
utjason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Horizon Hobby

I just wanted to let everyone know my frustration with Horizon Hobby. 8 weeks ago I sent in two items for repair, a motor and an esc that had burnt up, both from eflite. The usps tracking number says it arrived at the horizon service center. So today I called to check the status and they tell me that they can't find it. So, after getting transferred to several different departments and getting the runaround they tell me there is nothing they can do. So basically I'm out over $300 worth of products and they tell me they won't make it right. Customer service like this is what causes customers to go elsewhere. I've been a modeler for 15 years and don't plan on quitting anytime soon. I can promise you this, I will NEVER buy from Horizon again. I will buy my stuff from Hobby City from now on. I have been very satisfied with everything I've ever bought from Hobby City and the prices are about half what you pay from horizon.

I just wanted to let everyone know what happened with me so you will know how Horizon treats their customers. Make your own decision as to whether or not you want to do business with them again. I know I will go elsewhere.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:49 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Default RE: Beware of Horizon Hobby

What a bummer-It has been all good for me at Horizon-They replaced a Ultra Stick Lite 120 and engine that the trailing edge of the stab left in flight -all at no charge.
The model was over six months old and I boxed it up and sent it in-ten days later was contacted and new was shipped to my door.

I woudn't give up and pursue it if you have UPS confirmation.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:35 PM
outdoorhunting

Whatever you do, DON'T give up. If you give up, they win. Don't let that happen !! I guarantee you that they watch RCU. Keep up the pressure & sooner or later (hopefully not too much later) they will come around. This is really the first time I've heard of them not taking care of a customer. Good luck
Old 10-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Something's not right here. I can't believe Horizon would do what has been described. Hopefully when this plays out we'll get "the rest of the story."
Old 10-19-2009, 04:52 PM
outdoorhunting

My feelings, exactly!!! I've never heard of them stiffing a customer, but there's always a first time , I guess.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:30 PM
daltonaviation

Try contacting the postal service. We have had items that according to usps were dropped of to us and signed for. After having them do a trace on the package it was found at the local post office. It may be possible that they never received your shipment.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:28 PM
goliathman
My Feedback: (3)

I call shananagens on this. if you really got a tracking # use it!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:09 PM
bhady

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is hard to believe, but I guess happens. My experience with Horizon has been completely satisactory.

bhady
Old 10-19-2009, 07:16 PM
derjager
My Feedback: (15)

Stop getting your knickers in a twist.!!!

Horizon has an exemplary record and always goes far beyond what is required in legitimate cases.
I,m sure that things get lost on occassions - its a big organisation.

Sometimes its not what people do, its the way they do it - you might want to reflect on this !!!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:19 PM
JBanks523
My Feedback: (17)

Something smells fishy to me. $300 motor and ESC? What motor and esc was it? Also, whats the tracking number. I have sent them 1000s of dollars in servos to be serviced over the years, and have recieved nothing but exemplary service.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:46 PM
MikeL

I can't fix your problem, but I can tell you how to avoid it in the future. Insure the items you ship for their replacement value. You never know when a shipment will be lost, dropped at the wrong address, or somehow damaged. Any of that can happen, and one can't expect a retailer to take your word on what you shipped them without their having physical possession of the item.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
OnTheEdge

ORIGINAL:

I just wanted to let everyone know my frustration with Horizon Hobby....

...I will buy my stuff from Hobby City from now on. I have been very satisfied with everything I've ever bought from Hobby City and the prices are about half what you pay from horizon...
Is this a complaint about Horizon or a commercial for Hobby City? Having a hard time telling.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:59 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not the Big Bad Horizon thing again.

Did you have a Return Authorization Number or Service order or something?
I've never sent an item for servicing, so don't know how they do it, but I'm sure they have a system in place.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:37 AM
pdansalvish
My Feedback: (23)

I had a friend who sent in his DX6i to be repaired. The tracking number showed it was received. He called to determine the repair status. HH could not find his radio and asked if him to give them a few days for them to search. In a few days later he called back, HH still could not find his radio and stated they will be in contact with him. Two days later a brand new radio showed up on his front porch. He contacted HH and they stated they shipped him the new radio because they could not find it. I sent a couple of bad 450's into them with no RMA numbers just wanting them to get repaired. I called and found out they shipped me two brand new 450's and I was only charged for shipping. So, this must be a rare case. My suggestion is to contact them again, be polite and try again. If you have the tracking number give it to them. They will make it right.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:32 AM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Echo what has been said above. Never had a problem with Horizon that they didn't make right. I like Hobbycity too, but they're no where near as easy to deal with when there it a problem.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Fidy$Trainer
My Feedback: (1)

You cant compare customer service horrizon vs hobby king. HK SUCKS! Do they even have a customer service department. The few dollars you save is NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE. Have you ever tried returing that cheap china crap back to china. You wont it's not worth the cost and investment in time. It's like comparing a Porsche (Horizon) to a Chevette (GM). I've had issues with both companies and I've gotten screwed by both companies but I would much rather buy something from Horizon that actually has a service center than buy stuf from china that I have to wait 6 weeks to get not to mention more times than not some of the stuff doesnt work right out of the box. So far from HK I've recived a bad inrunner, bad out runnner, bad ESC, three bad batteries two of which I fixed my self by resoldering, 4 bad servo's one of them was an expensive retract servo. Horizon hobby at least will work with you. Personally I would stick with Horizon.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:37 AM
TheDood
My Feedback: (142)

Something stinks here. Horizon has alway gone above and beyond.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:46 AM
TheDood
My Feedback: (142)

I've been a modeler for 15 years and don't plan on quitting anytime soon.

This is from the original post.  Yet the guys profile says he's only been building and flying for 11 years.

Hmmmmmmmmmm....................
Old 10-20-2009, 10:35 AM
triadairbiscuit

Before we totally bash the O.P., lets get the facts straight. Obviously something isn't adding up, but that could simply be due to inadequate explaination thus far. My biggest question for the OP would be "what reason did Horizon give you for not making things right even though you have a tracking number proving they received your parts?"
Old 10-20-2009, 10:51 AM
MikeL

ORIGINAL: triadairbiscuit
My biggest question for the OP would be ''what reason did Horizon give you for not making things right even though you have a tracking number proving they received your parts?''
To be fair, USPS Delivery Confirmation is pretty useless. All that USPS promises is to provide the time and zip code of the delivery. That doesn't in any way ensure that the package goes to the right address. If the OP had paid for Signature Confirmation he'd at least have a name to hold accountable.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:57 AM
earlwb

Once a few years ago, I was waiting on a insured package to be delivered to me. it never arrived.
But the tracking showed that it was delivered and signed for, by someone I never knew. i suspected a different address. But the PO didn't have any details.
But a month after the insurance settlement was taken care of, and I had the refund for it, low and behold, the package arrived, totally undamaged and in pristine condition. So who knows what happened. Maybe it was shipped via Timbuktu or something.
So a package that normally takes a week to be shipped and delivered took more than three months.
Go figure.

I guess it is better than those long lost lettters and postcards being delivered 50 years late.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:58 AM
facates

Just feel lucky Horizon Hobby talked to you, I purchased a H9 sukoi sometime ago with according to their recomendations a Zenoah GT80 motor, at about flight 20 the right wing seperated in mid air did not come off came apart and crashed all was lost. I emailed them and called and could not even get 1 response, not even oh my im sorry . Whats funny about the whole thing is I never asked them to replace it just wanted to report it to them, although it would have been a nice on their part to offer a discount on a relacement airframe. So Im also finished with Horizon Hobby there is to many other places to buy from and until I think they screw me over I will stick with them. Fred
Old 10-20-2009, 11:03 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (34)

Never ever ever send anything off (that you can't afford to lose) without insurance. And secondly, I have never had anything but wonderful service from Horizon. This is very strange indeed.....
Old 10-20-2009, 11:21 AM
thevirginian

I copy all that was said above me. Never send anything without insurance. It's stupidity on your part if you do or did. HH has a flawless customer track record in my book and I am certain I am not alone with my notion.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:50 AM
joeheren
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: TheDood

Something stinks here. Horizon has alway gone above and beyond.

YUP...They sure do!!! i have nothing but good to say about Horizon!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.