Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Baby on the way...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Baby on the way...

Yeah, that's a good article. I'm not that concerned about it though, some day sleep will be normal again. Concerning dudescape, well, I'm almost 36, so really I've become Steve as time has marched on. Everyone else my age has kids! I'd call people to ask them if they wanted to go out boating/waterskiing, and in my 20's it was "Sure! What time you heading out?" Now it's "no...wife, kids...sorry." I don't think I will ever give up RC stuff, but curtail it instead. Any hope of building is probably long gone though, so it's RTFs from here on out. I can walk right out my back door and put a parkflyer up for 30 minutes, then land and change diapers for my exhausted wife right away- never have to get in a car. Also, I bought this little MSR heli for indoors; my nieces and wife's friend's kids think it's really great, so I'm sure this little one will too.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Bigshark

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just wait wait until he or she is two years old an mispronouncing the word "Fokker" at the top of her lungs and cracking everyone up at the local hobby shop.........

I spent more time building than flying when my boys were little. I've got one that's 11 and one that's two and a half. The two and a half year old was the little "Fokker"
Old 01-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to love my youngest 20month old, he kept picking out a book about airplanes at the library for my wife.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:53 AM
japan3d

I didn't go to the flying field for 3 weeks after my daughter was born. Been going almost every weekend since, and she is now 21 yrs old. We took her to the 1988 TOC when she was just 3 months old.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Well..............I didn't mess around with having just one baby! TRIPLETS have arrived at our house! I expect congrats from everyone as well thank you!

I might add that I don't have to change diapers, warm up the milk, burp em..................

One is a H9 Ultra Stick 60
One is a H9 twist 40
& one is a Modeltech Magic V2

The only feeding that will be done is a little glow fuel once in a while.................

When I put them to bed they stay quiet

Tcat
Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 AM
CCDave
My Feedback: (53)

I heard the most heart warming words from me almost 3 year old son when I got home from work yesterday...

"Daddy take me to field, fly airplane."

Moments like that are priceless and make all the hard work worth while!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Bigshark

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My two year old's stock bedtime stall routine is "DAD, READ AIRPLANE BOOK!" usually the latest issue of Model Aviation
Old 01-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Juice

I'm sure the teenagers and single people find this thread boring.

But me, being a soon-to-be father, I'm finding this thread very entertaining. And it helps relieve my anxieties about giving up RC to raise a family.

Let's keep the thread going by sharing RC related stories about babies, kids, and fatherhood.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:08 PM
chunkyplunker

Congratulations to you gentlemen! My daughter is 28 now and I'm retired, so I can do about anything I want to. When my daughter was born I didn't have this hobby to give up. But I did have to put allot of other hobbies on hold, camping, fishing,road trips, to name a few.
It got much easier once she became 2 or three. After that we began doing things as a family once again and it turns out alright once you make the adjustment. Our biggest problem was finding time with both of us working, but again it all works out in the end.
Someone said before time just goes by fast, and I can whole heartedly agree. It goes by so fast you can't believe it is gone, but I wouldn't go back and do it again, and I pray every day not to have a grandchild.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:07 PM
BUDMAN27

My son and I just got through flying a small electric helicopter here in our living room. Wouldn,t trade those moments for nothing.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:16 PM
chunkyplunker

That's fantastic, and couldn't agree with you more. But I've went through it once and don't want to do it again. But still one of the greatest experiences to have.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:38 PM
edward cobb

ORIGINAL: Kmot

You're screwed. Might as well sell off all your stuff.
We had our first child in 1975, a boy, girl follewed about two years later. I got started in the hobbyin 1972 while serving in the Air Force. When the kids were born, tried to keep up with the hobby, had to build yourself, ARF were becomming available but quality was not up to todays aircraft. Along came time with the kids, little league ( both played ), school activities, etc. Son was never interested in airplanes, perhaps that was a blessing. He was always very talanted at taking things apart, these things never got put back together. ( he usually had his sisters new bike apart about 3 days after christmas. The older they get the more money it takes to accomidate their needs. When the future starts looking bright, college comes along. ( if your wife thinks you spend to much on rc airplanes, you might want to to give her a idea of whats comming.) Turned 60 in Dec., had gotten back in the hobby about 41/2 years ago. I love flying, but now so its much harder to see the airplane at a distance. ( looks like one big black dot in the sky) . I will have to get eye surgery and am currently looking for a good eye doctor). I am now building more than flying, just finished Carden Edge 540 40%. Will pick up tweo of their 43% kits about the end of Janurary, waiting on their email as ready. There is a ray of light at the end of the tunnel, but its one long tunnel. Ed
Old 01-16-2010, 04:18 PM
stuka
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only have one and he is 14 now.I never gave up totally but did scale back on the hobby. My wife has always been very supportive of everything I do including RC. For the first few years my hobby time was probably cut in half. When I did start flying again on a regular basis my wife and son would meet me out at the field. He started flying when he was seven and flew until he was about 12. He started to become interested in fishing. About 6 months ago we bought a small boat and have been fishing quite a lot. It came at a good time as I was getting burned out on the hobby and needed to take a break. I am slowly starting to fly and build again. I started with a Ziroli P38 and Zero build.

I do not regret anything I have done or have not got to do because of my son. Everything we do will be cherished and remembered for years to come. I still remember all the things I did with my father. I am sure his interest will change again towards cars and girls as did mine at his age. Enjoy these times you will never get them again.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:57 PM
BUDMAN27

All this father and child talk and it aint even fathers day yet. Good lord.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Kaos1964
My Feedback: (12)

Now I'm getting all sentimental....enjoy the time with your kids while you have it! Suddenly, they're graduating and just need (more) cash!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55466.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1360340  
Old 01-21-2010, 02:21 PM
submikester
My Feedback: (6)

My wife had our first in late 2004 - my flying time wasn't terribly impacted until he was closer to 2 as he started wanting to be left at home less. Still, my wife was and is supportive of my flying time so we worked it out. Work impacts my flight time more than anything else. Now we have two (as of Sept 2008) and the first is 5 so he comes with me and I would say that I get as much as I can but not as much as I want (can't get out there every day...).

If you support your wife and she supports you - you'll be good.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:01 AM
guille2006

I have two kids an basically no one of them stoped my flying (except for the weather tollerance, of course; with less than 15°C we stay at home); with my wife agreed that the open space and nature will be great for them and we're right!!!
Kids today are 4 and 1 YO and really enjoys coming to the field with us.
So juice; enjoy your kid (unbeliebable they're funnier than RC); congratulations!!!!!!
Cheers
Guille
Old 01-31-2010, 03:15 AM
IFR Pilot

ORIGINAL: Juice

How long of a break (if any) did you take after your first baby was born?

Thanks,
Juice
Waiting on my 9th, had my 1st when I was 13. Paying child support to 8 different mothers is a job in itself. To find a break, I usually leave on my 44ft. Trintella sailboat, call the house and tell them the wind quit blowing and I'll be home in 8 months.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Juice

Baby came... little girl, 6 lbs 2 oz. She's the cutest little thing. Before, I could spend hours in the workshop. Now, I can spend hours just staring at her. When she's awake, I can't seem to put her down.

An almost finished P-40 sits in the corner of my living room. I keep thinking how I'm going to make time to finish it off, but there are better things to do now.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45711.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1390139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71293.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1390140  
Old 03-03-2010, 02:14 AM
guille2006

Hey Juice, Congratulations!!!! What a nice girl you've there!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:14 AM
BUDMAN27

She is a cutie. My wife said they rap them up like a toco so they feel like thier still in the wome. The closes think I have to a daughter is a girl cokerspanle dog. []
Old 03-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Juice

My wife said they rap them up like a toco so they feel like thier still in the wome.
She LOVES being wrapped up like a Baby Burrito. She's so cute I can eat her up!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:13 PM
BUDMAN27

Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 PM
chunkyplunker

ORIGINAL: Juice

Baby came... little girl, 6 lbs 2 oz. She's the cutest little thing. Before, I could spend hours in the workshop. Now, I can spend hours just staring at her. When she's awake, I can't seem to put her down.

An almost finished P-40 sits in the corner of my living room. I keep thinking how I'm going to make time to finish it off, but there are better things to do now.

Congratulations on you beautiful baby girl. Just remember to warn her of all the dirty minded little boys.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:31 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! I loved hauling mine around like a little football. My wife used to get so mad at me with my skill at getting her to chill out and fall asleep. It's the best job I've ever had. Enjoy it they only fit there for a few months, even with arms as big as mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.