Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Who do these people think they are?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Who do these people think they are?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who do these people think they are?

I wonder if my charger will work during a power outage...LOL!! THAT was effing hilarious
Old 02-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

I wonder if my charger will work during a power outage...LOL!! THAT was effing hilarious

Your charger will work during a power outage if you plug it into the battery of your car, but will the headlights work?

Cheers,

Colin
Old 02-10-2010, 08:39 AM
outdoorhunting

DUH !!!!! CHROME OF COURSE !!!! Everybody know that chrome makes it faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh crap!!! I've gotta put up another post quick!! I'm at 1313
Old 02-10-2010, 08:42 AM
outdoorhunting

OK. I'm at 1314. Wow, that was close !!! I'm not supersticious though !!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:39 PM
chunkyplunker

Wait, should I stop laughing and be insulted or just keep laughing and brush it aside. I may have ask stupid questions like that two years ago, no wait, I do planes. I do feel like a jack*** when I do ask a stupid question and then realize it's stupid. But heck I've heard experienced people make stupid statements to valid questions.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:51 AM
aerofly0610

Some of those are funny some are just mean. I think what they are being frustrated with is that people dont want to think for themselves anymore. They want all the answers spoon fed to them. Where is the challenge in that? Where is the pride in conquering your own ignorance???
Old 02-11-2010, 08:53 AM
outdoorhunting

One of the support forums I watch ( I'm nosey) used to have a couple of guys that continually harrassed the forum. Like you said, they would get downright mean. They would answer EVERY negative post with a tirade of this & that. A couple of times I posted for them to lay off. So, they started on me. The forum host always took it, & never come back at them. Come to find out, one of them had NEVER bought anything from the business & the other had a problem with one plane he had purchased 2 years before. His compaint was , he didn't feel like the customer support handled his problem as fast as he thought they should. That was a over a year ago. I've NOT seen either of these 2 guys posting anywhere on RCU. I guess the Mods got tired of their crap & banned them. GOOD RIDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Mutt

real cute ascii art you sent me tommygun in that pm flipping me off how nice thank you glad you thik I am number 1.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Gooseman240

That was freekin hillarious!!

Those questions asked by adults is the only reason I have warning stickers on the inside of my truck that do not come off.

God I hate people that ruin it for the rest of us, unfortunately their parents are to blame...

I can understand if these questions were coming from a kid, which I kinda got a feeling they were, bad on the admin or store owners part.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:39 AM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Having spent almost 9 years (trying to) taking care of customers over the counter at auto shops, I wouldn't doubt they really got some of those questions from their own customers. However, it sounds more like the Questions for Jake column in the old Model Builder magazine, or some of the humor on Car Talk or any of the military weapons shows with R. Lee Ermy. It's more likely an attempt to emulate the humor popularized by people like Don Rickles or that which you frequently see on TV, especially on some of the talk shows or the (so called) comedy clubs.

Interestingly, in the last 28 years in engineering making customer service, fleet test, and training calls for a supplier in the heavy truck industry, I've almost never had similar questions from drivers or mechanics. I have in nearly 45 years in the automotive industry gotten many dumb questions from upper level managers and corporate executives, especially those with liberal arts or business degrees and no real work time in the industry. Like the high ranking bank executive hands me the keys for what he called a Cadilac - not a GM key on the ring. The car noise which only needed an oil change (not a drop on the dipstick-oil hadn't been changed in the three years he had it)to correct actually had a Lincoln Continental.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:57 AM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

As a dear trainer friend of mine used to say...

There may not be any dumb questions, but the world is full of inquisitive idiots.

===============

Personally, i might get IN to cars JUST so I can buy from them. 
Old 03-31-2010, 07:06 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

These must be the same guys I emailed about a question on their pool heaters. I read a bunch of their stuff, had a question and wanted to discuss pricing to buy the parts to build a pool heater, and the letter I got back was very condisending and negative. He basically said if i couldn't get the info off the web site, then I was too stupid to deal with. Unfortunately, his web site had no page with pricing and didn't talk about any of the pumps or extras I would need. Needless to say, I won't be buying from them. You must have found their twin
Old 03-31-2010, 07:55 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Back about 20 years ago, we spent almost $75000.00 on something called a Test Management System. Some MBA thought that if we hooked up a computer to the tests we were running, we wouldn't have to waste several man-days monitoring or controlling things.

After working with the instructions and system for several months, one of the computer whiz-kids finally called the manufacturer's tech support. After a number of calls trying to work with an incompetant voice response system, he finally got an actual semi-human. After several more hours of frustration, the bodiless voice finally told him "If you knew anything about the system, you wouldn't be asking these questions." Obvioously, we shoud have known everything about operating this system before considering purchasing it. Now, THAT was contempt for the customer.

The company was in business for maybe another 6 months.

It took almost two years before several engineers finally got it to work for one single test. It almost doubled the mwn work involved.

As of my last day at work last May, the system was still sitting unused in a cabint. The company couldn't get rid of it, because another MBA in finance put it on a 30 year amortization schedule. Still has about 8 more years.

MBA to me means Minimized Brain Activity.

Those questions and answers in that situation sounds like the kind of thing an MBA would come up with.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:11 PM
Gooseman240

Funny how it takes an "MBA" to justify bigger expense, or bouneses for exec's