RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Bought my lifetime AMA membership today (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11620145-bought-my-lifetime-ama-membership-today.html)

SGibson 08-06-2015 05:00 PM

How much does a life time membership cost?

Rv7garage 08-06-2015 05:24 PM

$1500

...or viewed another way, about as much as a good-quality kit with all the electronics and motor. :)

I've actually thought about it for several years, but now they allow you to make 4 payments of $375.00 ... that made it an easy decision.

Hinckley Bill 08-07-2015 02:23 AM

After careful consideration I jumped in and got the L in front of my AMA number today.......:o

At the same time I enrolled my new, 6 week old, granddaughter in as a Junior Member......she joins her 3 year old cousin, my grandson, who I also enrolled as a Junior member last year.

I hope I'm around long enough to get them both interested in the hobby.....them flying long after I'm gone would be a great way to give back to the hobby.

Bill

AMA L71190

Rv7garage 08-07-2015 03:47 AM

Excellent- congrats, Bill!

porcia83 08-07-2015 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hinckley Bill (Post 12081138)
After careful consideration I jumped in and got the L in front of my AMA number today.......:o

At the same time I enrolled my new, 6 week old, granddaughter in as a Junior Member......she joins her 3 year old cousin, my grandson, who I also enrolled as a Junior member last year.

I hope I'm around long enough to get them both interested in the hobby.....them flying long after I'm gone would be a great way to give back to the hobby.

Bill

AMA L71190

Congrats...it's important to get youth involved in this hobby, nobody better than family to help do that!

rcmiket 08-12-2015 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer Curtis (Post 12080297)
Remember the Sport Flyers Association, or
the IMAA. How many years for ROI on their
lifetime memberships?

Jenny

Could happen to the AMA. At this point I'm not sure they actually know what they are doing or where we are going as a organization.

Mike

porcia83 08-12-2015 11:08 AM

Sure, and the sky could fall on us tomorrow too, after all it seems like that's right around the corner, right after the failure of the AMA . LOL...too funny. Been around since '36...growing ..., but sure, they don't know what they are doing. Because there are loads of other people out there who know exactly what to do. Right. The AMA ain't goin anywhere, and the ship has sailed on excluding or what some wanted of course, a BAN on quads.

I know it's easier to lament what has passed and find the bad in everything, but it's wasted energy at this point. Make the best of it, and the hobby.

rcmiket 08-12-2015 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by porcia83 (Post 12083479)
Sure, and the sky could fall on us tomorrow too, after all it seems like that's right around the corner, right after the failure of the AMA . LOL...too funny. Been around since '36...growing ..., but sure, they don't know what they are doing. Because there are loads of other people out there who know exactly what to do. Right. The AMA ain't goin anywhere, and the ship has sailed on excluding or what some wanted of course, a BAN on quads.

I know it's easier to lament what has passed and find the bad in everything, but it's wasted energy at this point. Make the best of it, and the hobby.

Yes sir anything can happen.Can I borrow your rose colored glasses?

Mike

porcia83 08-13-2015 02:42 AM

Sure, if you let me borrow this?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...J8TQNjBmqhuxNQ

:)

Rv7garage 08-16-2015 11:57 AM

^ hahahahaha! That's nice work :D Just don't microwave it... ��

porcia83 08-16-2015 12:41 PM

or chew on it....ouch! :p

on_your_six 08-17-2015 01:11 PM

Sorry, $1,500 is too steep of a ride for me... 20years to payoff? Of course sooner when the rates go up. I would rather pay year by year because you never know. I have seen a lot of businesses come and go.

Rv7garage 08-24-2015 06:03 PM

Well it's not really something I did for ROI, I was really just laughing at myself. But I hope for at least another 30 years of flying, and now I don't have to ever think about renewing- it's bought and paid for. I have more than that plowed into any one of my actual models, and let's not even discuss guitars, tube amps, a 2015 H-D Street Glide, etc. It's nice to have a budget, lol ;)