RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Discover Wings Show on R/C Aerobatics (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/1221454-discover-wings-show-r-c-aerobatics.html)

Fly4Fun2 10-22-2003 07:57 PM

Discover Wings Show on R/C Aerobatics

There is a Discovery Wings show on R/C Aerobatics on tonight at 10:00 PM EDT and then several times tomorrow.

A lot of the footage was shot at Joe Nall this year.

Keith

MinnFlyer 10-22-2003 08:01 PM

RE: Discover Wings Show on R/C Aerobatics

Damn, I don't get that channel. I'll have to look for someone around here that does.

ChuckAuger 10-22-2003 09:29 PM

Thanks! Finally caught it, my dad told me about this show but I could never catch it.

I owe you a cold one Fly4Fun2!!!

SunShyne 10-22-2003 09:55 PM

I have been watching it since it started. AMAZING SHOW! About time they had a feature like this one on!

Details after its over for those who missed it :)

matt

IronZ 10-23-2003 01:44 AM

What's the show called? I can't find it!!

Flyfalcons 10-23-2003 01:53 AM

I saw one on aerobatics in general with some RC footage, but didn't see one that was devoted to RC.

heli001 10-23-2003 06:43 AM

Ryan,

That was it....Titled "Aerobatics: Pushing the Limits"

nedyob 10-23-2003 08:30 AM

The Show was called acrobatic Pushing the limits and showed Mr. Null demonstating Torgue Rolls and Hovers over water. I caught the last half hour of it.
Good show about scale and RC areobatic. I think its on now and again on at 1PM
NEDYOB

glowplug 10-23-2003 09:52 AM

I fell alseep trying to catch the 2nd showing.....it started at 2AM.....I fell asleep at 1:50 :(

SunShyne 10-23-2003 10:41 AM

It was really good, I watched the rerun as well followed by the amazing show on OSHKOSH. Loved them both as I got to see alot of full sized CAPS, Extra's and Edge's perform. good stuff!

ChuckAuger 10-23-2003 10:46 AM

It seems like DWC airs re-runs of all the prime time shows all day long Saturday and Sunday. Ought to be a couple of chances to catch this show during the weekend.

Or maybe not Schedule looks like it airs a couple of times today...that's it!

sideshow 10-23-2003 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: glowplug

I fell alseep trying to catch the 2nd showing.....it started at 2AM.....I fell asleep at 1:50 :(

Tivo man! It's worth twice the price!

nedyob 10-23-2003 02:21 PM

Hi Glow Plug,
I dozed off for a few minutes at the beginnig and my 4 y.o. daughter woke me up in time to catch the RC stuff.
NEDYOB[&o]

beardking 10-23-2003 02:58 PM

Sideshow, I'm with you man. I noticed that it was coming on a little too late for me to stay up last night so I went in and plugged it into the Tivo and it's sitting at home waiting for me to watch.

BasinBum 10-23-2003 03:06 PM

I'm watching Oshkosh right now, The R/C show is next and I'm working on my Sledge all at the same time! All this while the wife is working! Sucks to be me right now.

AJF--2 10-23-2003 03:14 PM

Yep-- saw it a week or so ago-- (got it recorded too) Got (MY HERO) "Da Man" Jim LeRoy on there. There is also another on full scale World championships-- "World Aerobatic Championships" I think is the name of it. No freestyle shown though-- All Arista stuff-- Good nonetheless-- Thought it was strange that Kirby Chambless drops from 3rd to 8th because of a silly rules infraction that nobody knew about (reminds me of golf)-- Also he was the only Amercian Plane flyer. Everybody else flew Extras, Caps, and Sukhois--he was the only Edge to mention.

daven 10-23-2003 03:36 PM

I'm glad I saw this. Just called the wife, and the last showing is coming on at 4pm CST (a mere 25 minutes from now).

Shes tossing in a good old VCR tape, and I'll be able to watch it over dinner.

Thanks,

Dave

RobertC 10-23-2003 04:02 PM

I thought the full-scale stuff was at least as good as the RC (although the RC stuff was far too short)! I wish that the section on Zivko was a bit longer-- I would love to see more about how they make the full-scale Edge! Like most shows on Wings, there is just enough information to get you excited and then no details...

One question, I thought that Horizon did a Matt Champman scheme on their Cap. Why was he wearing a Futaba shirt?

Oh, and for those of you that have this recorded... during the last five minutes of the show, when they are talking about the 4-minute Free at the World Aerobatic Championship in Florida, watch for the "crowd shot" of the little girl in sunglasses. Right behind her is a guy in a yellow shirt looking-up and filming the show. That's me! I about fell off the couch when I saw this last night! :)

TLH101 10-23-2003 05:46 PM

It was pretty good, especially when the narrator mentioned our "toy" airplanes.