RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Count and Identify (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/2019497-count-identify.html)

jchumley 07-24-2004 12:37 PM

Count and Identify

1 Attachment(s)
Packed and ready to go to the field.

How many planes?

Now for the tough one.

Identify the planes.

Anybody who gets all of them is an airplane god. (one of them will be real tough!)

Jeff

GrnBrt 07-24-2004 02:06 PM

RE: Count and Identify

How many??? how about 7?:)

Lightfoot 07-24-2004 03:32 PM

Art, I think you cheated. :D

jchumley 07-24-2004 07:28 PM

It is a trick. There is one in the glove compartment!

Oops. That will teach me to proof read. Still, can you identify all 7? 5 are scale (ish) and two are sport.

Trombe 07-24-2004 07:43 PM

I see a modified (i think) Ultra Stick and a Pete'n Poke. Mabey...
Sorry, I don't know my WWI planes.

Underaged Pilot 07-24-2004 08:30 PM

SE5A
Wright Flyer
a slow poke
wait.. thats not a wright flyer
wist i could be you

BasinBum 07-24-2004 10:18 PM

That looks like a tube of sunscreen to me.

ZAGNUT 07-25-2004 05:10 AM

looks more like a tube of KY to me....

jchumley 07-25-2004 06:38 AM

Basinbum:

WOw! I didn't think ANYONE would get that one! I built it from scratch. I have an SPF .40 for it. Flies like a cream! A real Screener. No Pore performer this! Just able to squeeze it in.

I built 5 different tubes (tubes A, B, C, D, and E)and tested them in a wind tunnel. E was the best but D was stronger and easier to repair. I asked myself:

Tube E or not Tube E? That is the question. (badum ching)

Its great at Funfly limbo contests: Aloe can you go?

Jeff

Chevelle 07-25-2004 07:51 AM

Looks like:

Caudron
SPAD
Albatros DII(?)
Nieuport
Another Albatros ?

I'll leave the sport planes to others that know them but it looks like there are two.

BasinBum 07-25-2004 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: ZAGNUT

looks more like a tube of KY to me....
It would.

Jeff,
Very Punny.

rajul 07-25-2004 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: jchumley

Packed and ready to go to the field.

How many planes?

Now for the tough one.

Identify the planes.

Anybody who gets all of them is an airplane god. (one of them will be real tough!)

Jeff
Did you break any world record for that ? LOL !

jchumley 07-25-2004 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Chevelle is on the right track.

Spad (VII)
Albatros DIII
Albatros DIII
Nieuport 28

The bomber is not a Caudron but a good guess none the less.

How about the two sport planes in the back? Someone should be able to identify one of them.

DBCherry 07-25-2004 09:20 PM

WOw! I didn't think ANYONE would get that one! I built it from scratch. I have an SPF .40 for it. Flies like a cream! A real Screener. No Pore performer this! Just able to squeeze it in.

I built 5 different tubes (tubes A, B, C, D, and E)and tested them in a wind tunnel. E was the best but D was stronger and easier to repair. I asked myself:

Tube E or not Tube E? That is the question. (badum ching)

Its great at Funfly limbo contests: Aloe can you go?
:D:D

AQ500 07-25-2004 11:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How many here?????

Hint, there are more than ten in the thing and none in the front seat. The car is an S10 Blazer and it looks like my tags expire at the end of the month.

Chevelle 07-26-2004 06:42 AM

Well it was either a Caudron or a Capproni. The second shot nails it. I'll go for a Caproni Ca42.

It was either a Neiuport or a SPAD. I thought the wings were close enough together to be a SPAD. Upon second look, no scallops on the wings. Definitely a Nieuport.

rc-sport 07-26-2004 08:56 AM

I think I see a Something Extra in there.

jchumley 07-26-2004 09:15 AM

AQ500. Looks like a Lancair.

Going way out on a limb, ME 109? looks like a squared off canopy and stab bracing on the one behind the SIG (even with the sig landing gear).

How about a cub? wehat are the odds of a group of ten planes not including a cub?

beardking 07-26-2004 09:48 AM

Geesh, you guys make me look like a fool (and I do that enough). I have a hard time squeezing 2 planes into my Rodeo. Guess I just don't like to see them all piled up. :D

jchumley 07-26-2004 10:54 AM

My planes are not pilled up. In fact, they don't even touch each other except for the two wings stacked together on the right. Of course, if I stomp on the brakes...

beardking 07-26-2004 10:56 AM

That wasn't meant as an insult to you, more of a testament to my inability to properly stow away my planes in my vehicle. Of course, the fact that one of my planes doesn't have a removable wing makes it a little bit more of a pain. I need to sell that sucker.

jchumley 07-26-2004 11:06 AM

No insult taken.

5 of the planes in the van do not have removeable wings. All but the two sport planes. I have two more in my shop as well. In fact, when I took this picture I realized that of the ten flyable planes I have, only two are mono planes. One is a triplane and the rest are bipes. I didn't set out to do that. It just happened. I have another in process, a 1/4 scale Nieuport 28 (bipe) and one in the box waiting that is a funaero Albatros D3. Maybe I need professional help (not a professional builder either!)

Jeff

beardking 07-26-2004 11:08 AM

Nope, bipes are just the way to go. Cool factor of 10 on every one no matter what anyone thinks. ;-)

AQ500 07-27-2004 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, you got the Lancair right as well as the Me-109. There are actually 2 109's in there. There is no Cub yet. I have one on order to build and an engine for it. I do have a bad habit of piling the planes in. I do get away with just a little bit of hangar rash. A trailer is on my wish list.

Here are some pic's of the planes assembled. The Kadet and the Super Cub weren't in the car.

BasinBum 07-27-2004 05:44 AM

Some of you guys are a one man fun fly event. I'd rather take one or two planes and fly. By the time you set-up, get one flight each, clean-up and pack you'd be able to get awhole lotta flyin done. I guess whatever floats your boat.