RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   has it ever happened to you? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/218506-has-ever-happened-you.html)

4*60 08-08-2002 06:20 PM

has it ever happened to you?

You did not over react. I am a newer pilot and even the 30 year veterans would not move my stuff without asking me. They would be ticked at anybody moving anybody else's stuff without permission. We respect each other and each others models and possessions out there.
When people sit in my lawn chair and I return to it, I generally make it known I would like to sit, unless they are in need of it more than me. We do have some people who show up at the field regularly and can't afford a lawn chair! :) We built hard picnic table benches for them. :)

Grampaw 11-09-2002 06:52 AM

There are never enough tables to go around so no one should leave anything on a table while out flying. If your plane is ready to fly, move it and your gear off the table. Its called courtesy. At our club we get our planes ready, then move them to the pit area along with all our gear leaving the table clear for the next guy. If one of us has a problem, and needs the table to correct it, we let him have it, and in most cases we will all gather around to help him. I have been in this club for ten years and cannot recall anyone getting bent out of shape over a table, and there is no club rule, written or implied, pertaining to use of the tables. It just happens. Then too we all just like each other a lot, and it's greaat to get out to enjoy the same hobby with your friends. Try it, you might like it.

Grampaw 11-09-2002 07:21 AM

Mikel I am a new member of RCU and have just seen these posts on the tables, and when I read yours I just had to say that every club could use a few guys with your attitude. Well said!

nun45 11-09-2002 01:22 PM

evidently some read what they want, or i am not being clear. the tables in question ARE the pit tables, we have a different set well behind the flightline for building activity. pit tables are for people like myself that cannot get down to the deck to do things.

bear750 11-09-2002 05:59 PM

I don't think everyone is getting the point. If the table in question is for the flightline, then only pilots with planes that are ready to fly should be using them. If you're building or repairing, go to that area. If you're helping someone build or repair, get your planes off the flightline tables so someone else can use them.

And Henry, If it were me, I'd have asked one of the group to give up his table if he was not using it at the time. If he refused, I'd kindly tell him to get back to his plane, ot I would remove it from the table.

JMHO

MikeL 11-09-2002 06:48 PM

Oh, I get the point about Henry's knees and the location of the table. I do understand the exubernce of a new plane, and the desire to help a guy get it in the air. Henry chose to leave without asking them to move, or explaining why he needed the table. If you're not going to communicate to others that they're causing you a difficulty, do you really have a leg to stand on?

I think this was a venting thread, which is useful. There's a good lesson to be learned here.

SRA Foam Flyer 11-09-2002 07:35 PM

I have seen 2 seperate incidents of something similar, but worse. On one occassion, the frenzy around the plane, and other non pilots coming over to see what was going on, 2 people while trying to tip-toe around tripped over each other and landed on three planes...all totalled.
On the second occassion people standing around forgot about the planes behind them. While turning around to leave, one stepped on the planes wing and the other kicked a fuse. I couldn't believe what I saw next, they actually gave each other a look and ran to their car and left. Got their plate and the police handled it.

This is why I keep my planes in the truck, when they are not flying. Between careless people and unwatched kids, they don't stand a chance.

Grampaw 11-10-2002 07:50 AM

We "Build" our planes at home, not out on a table at the club.
When they are ready to fly, then we take them to the field. It just seems to work better that way...at least for us.

Geistware 11-10-2002 02:20 PM

I guess this is why I "NEVER" use the flightline tables.

nun45 11-10-2002 04:31 PM

that is one of the reasons and things that have happened here that i have all but given up flying.