RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   unhappy customer (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/2626318-unhappy-customer.html)

RATRC 02-06-2005 03:05 AM

unhappy customer

Has anybody else had problems dealing with Superior Balsa? It has been more than two weeks, a number of phone calls, and still no delivery. What's up with that?

FLYBOY 02-07-2005 11:01 AM

RE: unhappy customer

I thought their customer service lacked a lot. I tried a few times last year to place an order and never had any success. Went to another vendor and then got a coupon from them in the mail appoligizing. I decided in dec to try again and use the coupon and after 2 calls finally got someone and placed the order. Got it and one of the epoxies I ordered was wrong (my mistake I think). Sent it back to them and they sent the replacement quickly. That part was nice. It was just the initial getting them the order that lacked really bad!

ptulmer 02-07-2005 12:24 PM

The absolute best experience I've had ordering balsa was from BalsaUSA. I've ordered from several others and wished I hadn't. I won't name names. Momma always told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say...shut up.;)

FLYBOY 02-07-2005 12:32 PM

Most of the wood I have is from balsa USA. All true to size and very good. I got some from another supplier last year when I couldn't get the order into superior and the thicknesses were all off. Good wood, just not very accurate.

Nickrc3 02-07-2005 02:59 PM

I usually don't flame companies, but the lousiest wood I received in twenty-five years of building came from Superior. When I complained through a formal letter to the President, I got back an elaborate article on the history, uses and processing of balsawood. Like I really need that! No refund, credit or anything. Six months later I receive another reply as to why they no longer receive orders from me?

Balsa USA has the best prices and their quality and service are excellent.

RATRC 02-08-2005 07:45 PM

I normally buy from balsa usa also, but they didnt have the sizes I needed. Im still waiting for my order from superior, it s supposed to be here today....We'll see.

mulligan 02-09-2005 10:06 AM

I don't know about Superior. I've had good experience with Lone Star, though.

ernie7 02-23-2005 02:22 PM

They are out of business

ernie7 02-23-2005 02:29 PM

I sold Superior (Ernie) about 18 months ago. I believe during the past 12 years I owned it, I gave good service with great wood. The new owners may not have done a good job as they closed the shop in California and supposedly moved to New Mexico. I can only wish the new owners good luck. Perhaps they learned by their past mistakes.

modeltronics 02-23-2005 03:43 PM

I placed an order with Lone Star Balsa. They were out of stock on 2 items and told me it would be 2 weeks before they shipped. I told them no problem. I had the order in less than a week!!!! They did a rush to get what I wanted.

I would and will order from them again! They are very nice people to deal with over the phone.

Pete

Joe Nagy 02-23-2005 04:22 PM

I have received excellent, First Class service from Lonestar Balsa! Try them, you will like them! Best regards from sunny and almost hot Florida,

Joe Nagy.