RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Anyone From Wisconsin??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/405201-anyone-wisconsin.html)

putt_13 12-08-2002 07:26 AM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

Hello,
I am a RC Universer ;) from Wisconsin, and was wondering who else out there is from this great state. I live near Green Bay. -Patrick

rockmon 12-08-2002 08:02 PM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

Patrick I live about three hours north of you, can I park in your yard for packer games?? (hehe) Just kidding about the parking thing but I do get to GreenBay with the family for shopping and buying things I need for my business and we also just come down to spend a weekend in a motel with a pool and hot tub for a family get away. Do you ever get up north? If so maybe you could bring a plane and do some flying this spring with us. We fly at a field in Conover it's about half way between Eagle River and Land O' Lakes. Let me know. Bob

putt_13 12-08-2002 08:50 PM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

Hello,
I have been to Crivitz, Florence, and also Pembine. How far are you from those cities. -Patrick

viper_flyer-RCU-delete 12-08-2002 11:57 PM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

Pat,
I am from Seymour, I thought I was the only person from WI . where do you fly? I belong to the Shawano flyers, and the Valley area molders, mabey we would have met at a flyin??
Dan

TOMMYSTA 12-09-2002 12:44 AM

HELLO WISCONSIN!!!!!!!

Hey Pat
I'm also from the Green Bay area..about 20 minutes north.
I usually fly out at Pulaski RC field. Where do you fly??
Tom

putt_13 12-09-2002 12:59 AM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

In My Backyard......I fly slow flyer electrics. I am a member at the EZONE. A great place for RC flying. I am actually in Chilton. If you know where that it. Its 45 min south of GB. -Patrick

digger.10 12-09-2002 01:18 AM

Another flying cheesehead...

Hi Patrick,

We'll be in Beaver Dam from this January, wouldn't happen to be any "Beaver Area Radio Flyers" here, would there?

From Brookfield (near Milwaukee) originally. :D

putt_13 12-09-2002 01:55 AM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

Not that I know of.....I just fly park flyers. If you are near Chilton....About 45 minutes Northeast....Let Me Know...We can fly. -Patrick

rockmon 12-09-2002 05:55 AM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

Patrick, Florence is about 30 miles north east of me, I go through there when I go down to lower Michigan to see my family or to Iron Mountain for something. It's faster for me to get to Florence going through Mi than Wi.

SHARK 12-10-2002 01:39 AM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

I'm from Sheboygan Falls, just a little south of Chilton. There's a real good swap meet comeing up on Jan. 5th in Milwaukee. (at the Waukesha county expo center)

putt_13 12-10-2002 01:45 AM

Type

Hey,
Finally, someone close to me. Your only about 40 or so minutes away. I sent you a PM, but anyway. What type of airplanes do you fly. Gas, Electric(Park Flyer etc). -Patrick

76.ta 12-12-2002 07:26 AM

Columbus WI BY BEVER DAM

1 Attachment(s)
I LIVE IN COLUMBUS WI. IT IS ABOUT 18 MILES FROM BEVER DAM.
I KNOW OF FOUR OF US THAT FLY AND LIVE WITHIN A TWO MILE
AERA. WE HAVE A AIR FIELD AND A FARM WE FLY OUR GIANT SCALE PLANES WITHIN 10 MILES FROM US. I ALSO FLY OUT OF MY BACK YARD.I COACH AT THE SCHOOL I DEAN AT SO I TAKE OFF AND LAND ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD AND ONE OF THE SIDELINES OF THE FIELD IS OPEN LAND FOR AS FAR AS YOU CAN SEE.
ROY

Goinstraightup 12-12-2002 08:07 PM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

You're not alone! I am from the Dells area. WI is great, although I would like a little more flying time during the winter.

GrnBrt 12-13-2002 12:04 AM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

I was born in Rhinelander but moved out west as a young boy. I do have some fond memories but not of the winters. Last time I was back there was in '78 and took a trip down to the Dells, great place. I may be here but my heart is still there and am a huge packer fan!!!!!!

putt_13 12-13-2002 12:13 AM

Dells

Dells, Dells, Dells. That is the worlds LARGEST tourist trap. Right behind that has to be Niagra Falls. I guess some people like it, but we usually just drive through it on the way to my grannies. During the winter the population is like 1000 or so, and then in the summer....BOOOOM - 10,000+. -P

PS- Stop by chilton, and we can fly electrics.

kegelt 12-13-2002 12:27 AM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

I am in River Falls WI, which is basically on the border of Minnessota.

putt_13 12-13-2002 03:06 AM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

I know where River Falls is. That is right off I-94. -P

kegelt 12-13-2002 03:50 AM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

yes it is, not alot of RC ers around but i make do.

putt_13 12-13-2002 04:15 AM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

Your Telling me. My neighbor drives his nitro buggy, but no one to talk airplanes with except my friends over in the EZONE. That is a great site for electric rc stuff. -p

Goinstraightup 12-13-2002 01:22 PM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

Putt_13 and the Dells:

Hey Putt,
You described the Dells exactly the way it was 25 years ago. Now its more like 5 to 10 thousand in the winter and 20 to 30 plus in the summer with all the Water Parks and Indoor Water Parks. You are right about the tourist trap part, we went to Tenesee last summer and Door County this summer and both times spent Waaaayyyy less than if we had went to the dells. I still manage to get the kids to Noahs Ark (worlds largest water park) once a summer though....

putt_13 12-13-2002 01:27 PM

Ark

Yes,
The ARK is a great place for kids. On a hot summerd day, you round up all the kids, and go there for a day. Really good time. Yeah, for the pop thing. I drove through it during the winter, and its barren, and then in summer, its PACKED. -P

moodier 12-23-2002 03:00 PM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

I live in Balsam Lake,which is just 15 miles east of the Mn border by Taylor Falls,But getting smarter in my old age spend the winter in Yuma where as I type this am just getting ready to go fly although today is only 50s we have to suffer a little.Can fly every day here and do.Live on Lake in Wi.and wish had someone to fly floats with.Lonely out there by yourself.

LoboFlyer 12-23-2002 07:09 PM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

Why would you want to live in Wisconsin, you cheeseheads? :D

Sorry couldn't resist... I was born in Minnesota, lived there till I was 16. We used to go every year to a cabin resort near Tomahawk on lake Nokomis (my dad's childhood friend ran it). I also have some relatives that live in the Janesville area.

RCPilot100 12-23-2002 07:39 PM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

There are only Cheeseheads and Cheesehead wannabees. If this wasn't such a nice site, I would put it another way - and what separates them is the Wisconsin border from all the rest. I live in Michigan now, but was born and raised in Wisconsin - make it back four or five times a year - to visit relatives and go to Green Bay Packer games. I think that next summer when we come visit relatives, I'm gonna pull the trailer and hit some Giant meets.

Dan

JL636 12-23-2002 08:47 PM

Anyone From Wisconsin???

I live in Door County, namely Sturgeon Bay. We have a small club with a great bunch of guys.