RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Pet peeves (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/5539737-pet-peeves.html)

evan-RCU 03-10-2007 10:27 AM

Pet peeves

You know you have them what are they? Here's a couple....

People you know taking a picture of you and your latest airplane and never offering you a copy or e-mailing you the digital.

People walking up to you while flying a new plane to shoot the breeze.

bbbair 03-10-2007 10:40 AM

RE: Pet peeves

People who put a blank pin on the frequency board and forget to take it down.

People who don't put a pin on the frequency board.

People who think that the rules are ment for everyone ELSE! [:'(]

Parents that drop their kids off at the field and then disappear for "a couple of hours".

Happy Feet 03-10-2007 03:45 PM

pilots who fly lower quality and skill level planes, criticizing why you did this and why you did that. You should have done it this way or that way. All aimed at planes a few years away from their current level.

evan-RCU 03-10-2007 04:14 PM

You got to be carefull with this one, you never know when a top level guy might pop up with an electric...

FOD MAN 03-10-2007 04:36 PM

people who have pet peeves[:-]

Stickbuilder 03-10-2007 05:44 PM

People who refer to assembling an ARF as, "Building".

People who claim to not have enough time to Build.

People who have Pet peeves at people who have Pet Peeves. :D

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

Big_Bird 03-10-2007 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Happy Feet

pilots who fly lower quality and skill level planes, criticizing why you did this and why you did that. You should have done it this way or that way. All aimed at planes a few years away from their current level.
I fly scale type airplanes and have had this happen to me. I politely tell the individual that I build a plane to suit me. If he enjoys it then I'm glad. If he doesn't like the way I did something then I tell he can go build one to suit himself.

Happy Feet 03-10-2007 09:43 PM

It really is irritating isn't it? Guys comes up to you an tell you how to tune an engine on planes way above their skill level yet at the same time, my planes are flying all darn day and his are on the ground or in pieces. I have some planes with Spring Airs, one guy comes by once and tells me he would have set up things differently but has never owned any retracts of any kind?

fredscz 03-10-2007 10:12 PM

It's landing gear not GEARS Doesn't matter if it's one or a dozen
Planes and engines do not have a gender as in SHE'S a great plane or SHE'S ready to fly.

One last peeve is the people who can build and fly a really fine plane and then put the stars and bar decal on upside down on a warbird. There are at least two planes with the decal upside down in the gallery on the JETT web sight and these guys are top of the line builders and flyers for the most part.
Fred

PLANE JIM 03-10-2007 10:20 PM

People that ask after you crash and your walking toward the wreckage "WHAT HAPPENED?",

khodges 03-10-2007 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

People that ask after you crash and your walking toward the wreckage "WHAT HAPPENED?",
Or even better yet, watch you auger in, and then ask, "Did you crash?"

And to Fredscz----I have several "gears" that I land in; sometimes I come down in drive and just coast to a stop, sometimes if I'm in a hurry to land, I'll downshift to first and let engine compression slow me down:D:D:D

And airplanes, like ships, are referred to in the feminine gender........they're beautiful, temperamental, and sometimes hard to handle, and we'll do anything to have as many as possible.[sm=wink_smile.gif]

I hate when a smoker gets within, oh, say, a mile of me when I'm at the field. They always seem to stand upwind.

BUDMAN27 03-10-2007 11:58 PM

People that don,t find my smart a#$ remarks funny :D

Spitfire222 03-11-2007 01:32 AM

My newest pet-peeve is this "4-D" craze. Flying backwards and hovering upside down is not a new dimension; we're still in 3-D here! Unless we've discovered planes that can time travel, then there is no such thing as "4-D" flying. :eek:

Happy Feet 03-11-2007 06:46 AM

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN27

People that don,t find my smart a#$ remarks funny :D

People that don,t find his smart a#$ remarks funny!:eek:

Red Scholefield 03-11-2007 10:07 AM

No frequency tags on transmitters. [:@]

3D Demos at sanctioned AMA meets [:'(]

3D flying directly over active runway [:'(][:@]

Tommygun 03-11-2007 10:58 AM

-People who, as they watch you prep your plane say "I want to see it crash!"

-Old curmudgeons who come to the field just to shout and holler at you, yet they haven't been witnessed flying anything within the last 5 years

-Frequency hogs

-The death of the hot .60 2 stroke pattern ship

-3D

Wild Foamy 03-11-2007 11:53 AM

little kiddies who wander up and ask "can i have a go?"

Idiots who say "i'd of bought a Mini-moto for that money" when you say how much you spent on it

RhyanO 03-11-2007 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Spitfire222

My newest pet-peeve is this "4-D" craze. Flying backwards and hovering upside down is not a new dimension; we're still in 3-D here! Unless we've discovered planes that can time travel, then there is no such thing as "4-D" flying. :eek:
I completely share this pet-peeve with you. I dont even like the term "3-D Flying" as all flying is 3-D after-all airplanes fly in the X, Y, & Z axis right........

Hovering over the center of the runway.

Wild Foamy 03-11-2007 01:05 PM

Teenagers half your age who always Boast about how much upgrades theyve got on their Baja and your Stuck with a Savage that wont run and a tmaxx, but you know that mommy and daddy probably buy it all for him anyway so atleast you pay for the hobby by yourself

RCKen 03-11-2007 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Wild Foamy

Teenagers half your age who always Boast about how much upgrades theyve got on their Baja and your Stuck with a Savage that wont run and a tmaxx, but you know that mommy and daddy probably buy it all for him anyway so atleast you pay for the hobby by yourself
This is really funny considering that you're teenager yourself!! :eek:

Ken

Happy Feet 03-11-2007 01:20 PM

He may be referring to "Pre teens!"[sm=lol.gif]

daveopam 03-11-2007 02:23 PM

People that think I fly models because I can't afford a full scale.

Going to a jet or heli meet and getting treated like a inbread idiot because you dont fly one or the other.

Tunning your motor on the runway or right behind me while I am flying.

David

jettstarblue 03-12-2007 07:00 AM

ORIGINAL: daveopam
Going to a jet or heli meet and getting treated like a inbread idiot because you dont fly one or the other.
David
Hooowie! Better watch that one....we had a heated "discussion" here a while ago about that behavior...and the offending parties made out like it was all my fault!

Oh yeah, my peeve? People who treat you like cr*p because they have more expensive equipment or more friends there than you do...:eek:

Another one that gets under my skin- crashing on take off on a maiden flight, it's the worst!

khodges 03-12-2007 07:56 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: jettstarblue

ORIGINAL: daveopam
Going to a jet or heli meet and getting treated like a inbred idiot because you dont fly one or the other.

Oh yeah, my peeve? People who treat you like cr*p because they have more expensive equipment
Y'all must have gone to Tiano's jet rally in Lakeland this year:D One of my buddies went, and that's exactly what he had to say about the attitude there.

CCDave 03-12-2007 08:27 AM

People that think someone that flys an ARF is somehow inferior to someone that builds from a kit. We can fly all winter here, I would rather be flying than building… Plus I don’t have any space than can be occupied for 6 months.

People that dislike any style of flying other than the style they are into. If you want me to respect your flying style then you need to respect mine!

Parents that let their kids run around the flight line in between all the planes.

People who spend most of the day tuning their engines. On the runway, in the Pits. If you are going to be tuning your engine for long periods of time take it off to the side away from everyone!

People that have to stand behind their plane to takeoff.

Non flyers that park in the spots along the flight line taking up space for the people who have planes and equipment to unload.

People who don’t renew their memberships, expect to fly and get really upset when you tell them they can’t.