RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Club Membership Cards (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/582817-club-membership-cards.html)

crotts 02-25-2003 02:44 PM

Club Membership Cards

My club appointed me to come up with a design for a club membership card. If your local club has these, what kind of information is included on them?

Thanks,
Neal

P-51B 02-25-2003 02:53 PM

Club Membership Cards

Every club I have belonged too has had one. My current one has:

The club logo
The words "Membership Card"
Name
Address (not sure why)
AMA Number
Expiration Date of Membeership Card

RedWing 02-25-2003 02:54 PM

Club Membership Cards

Club Name
Club Member Name
AMA#

Student/Solo/Inst

Bill

I forgot, they change colors every year.

C_Watkins 02-25-2003 02:58 PM

Club Membership Cards

Our club simply has small stickers printed, to afix to the back of the AMA card,
with the club logo. They state that dues for the current year have been paid.

Not as elegant as having our own "club card", but it keeps more money in the treasury, I imagine :)

crotts 02-25-2003 03:15 PM

Club Membership Cards

Thanks for the info. That's the kind of stuff I fugured. I just didn't want to miss anything obvious. I appreciate your help!

mstroh3961 02-25-2003 03:41 PM

club cards

Hi all, Our club cards also include the combination to the gate and clubhouse, which change every year.

Regards
Mark

Goinstraightup 02-25-2003 04:25 PM

Club Membership Cards

We had some nice ones for a while. A guy was even laminating them to our AMA cards. Now the treasurer just signs our AMA card.

Lightfoot 02-25-2003 04:45 PM

Club Membership Cards

This is how our club membership card looks. The line at the bottom is for the signature of the club treasurer. This is proof that dues have been paid. The cards are printed on standard business card blanks.

http://webpages.charter.net/rcfu/ClubCard.jpg

SDR-Hammer 02-25-2003 07:41 PM

Club Membership Cards

Our club cards are very similar in design to Howard's. One thing we are changing this year, is issuing two cards, one will be laminated. We have adopted a new frequency board that will incorporate the use of the membership card. The laminated one will be able to stay in the flight box.

stuk_at_work 02-25-2003 08:07 PM

Club Membership Cards

Ours also has pilot status:

Student (must fly on a buddy box)
Pilot
Senior Pilot
Instructor

KevinSheen 02-25-2003 09:40 PM

Club Membership Cards

1 Attachment(s)
Ours look like:

They print up a bit better than this screenshot but you get the idea. We used to have a colored dot system that designated beginners, solo and advanced pilots but it never seemed to matter about the status so we stopped.

Kevin

stuk_at_work 02-25-2003 10:29 PM

Club Membership Cards

I'll admit that very few people actually check the cards at our field, you always know who the "new guy" is. The thing is as a new guy, you don't know that!

The idea is to reinforce the idea that if you haven't passed the proficiency test at our field yet, you don't have permission to crash your own planes yet! More seriously, we don't want folks up in the air by themselves, out of control, risking our flying site.

Deadeye 02-25-2003 10:34 PM

Club Membership Cards

1 Attachment(s)
Our club is brand new, with a whopping 9 paying members. $25/year is all it costs at the present, and I print these myself.

I keep it simple, because we expect our membership to double or triple in the next year or so. This way, I can fill in info, laminate, and give to them at the field/meeting. I just keep some precut in my pickup.

Goinstraightup 02-26-2003 01:20 PM

Club Membership Cards

OOOF! $25 a year for 9 members? That's a bargain! How do you make ends meet? Our club just went up to $45 this year (25 members). And I know theres no fat in our budget. I hope your club does grow. Our club is stagnating. I think it has a lot to do with a club 30 minutes away is 10 times as active.

Deadeye 02-26-2003 02:36 PM

Club Membership Cards

Originally posted by Goinstraightup
OOOF! $25 a year for 9 members? That's a bargain! How do you make ends meet? Our club just went up to $45 this year (25 members). And I know theres no fat in our budget. I hope your club does grow. Our club is stagnating. I think it has a lot to do with a club 30 minutes away is 10 times as active.
The guy who owns the land where the airstrip is, let's us use it for free (although we give him a $50 gift certificate to a fancy restaraunt for Xmas).

One of the members had 2 lawn mowers that were unused. That same member works for a cycle shop that gets 4 wheelers crated in steel tube cages, which make excellent tables when a piece of plywood is screwed to the top.

Another member knows every farmer in the area, and knew one with a 3000 gal/15 foot steel roller. He lets us keep it at the airstrip, because he doesn't use it much. So our groundskeeping is taken care of in an hour or so every couple of weeks.

I bought a few things for the strip myself, such as a windsock, and a humorous parking sign off eBay.

We have no clubhouse, but expect one to be donated this spring by another generous soul.

The city ball fields are also replacing their dugouts this spring, and one of our members called dibs on the old ones. That takes care of our spectator area.

We are planning a fly in/ demonstration this Spring when our town has it's annual party, 'Whoop-Up Trail Days', so hopefully that will generate a few hundred dollars. Our funds are all but depleated after the $50 gift certificate and the 4' X 4' steel sign we had laser cut.

We are new, and don't expect much. The airstrip is suprisingly good. It's a great place to fly.

Randy Rossmiller, Treasurer
Golden Triangle Flyers, Conrad MT

splatt 02-26-2003 03:31 PM

our cards

I belong to a larger club, 135 members. We have a builders show each spring and the winners model is on the next years card.

P-51B 02-26-2003 03:42 PM

Re: our cards

Originally posted by splatt
I belong to a larger club, 135 members. We have a builders show each spring and the winners model is on the next years card.
Neat idea...I may steal it!