RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Reckless driving? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/5981792-reckless-driving.html)

Red B. 06-13-2007 08:53 AM

Reckless driving?

Someone has flown a model aircraft through a 2 mile long tunnel
in central Stockholm, presumably in the early morning hours.

Edit by author: I have removed the link to the video because I do not condone reckless flying!

/Red B.

itspuddingtime00 06-14-2007 12:46 PM

RE: Reckless driving?

I found the vid on youtube. While reckelss, I only saw two cars. That would be quite interesting to see that in your review mirror! The plane also seemed to be flying right above stall speed. I certainly wouldn't have done it though.

Trollmaster 06-14-2007 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Red B.

Someone has flown a model aircraft through a 2 mile long tunnel
in central Stockholm, presumably in the early morning hours.

Edit by author: I have removed the link to the video because I do not condone reckless flying!

/Red B.

Then what is the point of this thread? Might as well delete this too.

P-51B 06-15-2007 08:35 AM

Heres a link to the you tube video post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-QJLOVLg7M

daveopam 06-15-2007 09:14 AM

If the guy had any stones he would have done some knife edge. Or at least a roll.

David

rc-sport 06-15-2007 09:24 AM

I wonder if he took a breath the whole time. Safe or not it was some pretty good flying. I was waiting to see if the car would run over the plane when it landed

Trollmaster 06-15-2007 09:36 AM

Well I just watched the video. Now I know what "Tunnel Vision" is:D

CGRetired 06-15-2007 10:07 AM

Stupid stunt.

Deadeye 06-15-2007 10:29 AM

Catchy tune. THUMP THUMP THUMP

Tired Old Man 06-15-2007 10:34 AM

Does flying knife edge along side the full length of a passenger train also qualify as reckless? If the engine of the trian is doing 5mph, and a plane is hovering in front of the engine high enough for the engineer to see while drifting with the wind at the same speed and the same direction as the train, would that be reckless?;)

japan3d 06-15-2007 10:54 AM

I've been wanting to do the same thing with my 3m Extra here in Japan. There is a 4km long tunnel straight as an arrow on the way to the mother-in-laws house.

Rv7garage 06-15-2007 03:56 PM

I think some time / speed competitions are in order. Fastest time through wins!:D

Trollmaster 06-15-2007 04:24 PM

I think you should have a gaggle of cubs, Then have all the pilots look down at the transmitter:eek: and then look back up again!

TEAMERICA 06-16-2007 02:00 AM

I would have liked to see some inverted touch-and-goes on the ceiling along the way. What else are tunnels good for?

GRANT ED 06-16-2007 03:53 AM

You have to admit that was pretty cool.

RC-Captain 06-16-2007 04:41 AM

That video is the perfect way to put an end to this wonderful hobby. Anything could have gone wrong especially when the car passed him or her. When you get bord of doing what you do, take time out to help a new RC pilot instead of, risking throwing the rights we have, in this hobby down, the drain.

CAP

Trollmaster 06-16-2007 06:52 AM

Also a good way to put an end to a nice plane, a windshield and some lives.

bla bla 06-16-2007 10:46 AM

Fantastic!
Well done boys.
I know how hard ti is driving in and out of tunnels.
Billiant feat!
Cutting edge stuff.
Loved it.

Foylee 06-23-2008 04:57 AM

i think this is disgracefully irresponsible, and im a 22 year old uni student! lol. that could have caused so much damage...

Prairie Mike 06-23-2008 07:10 AM

This stunt goes to show that stupid people do stupid things. Only improvement on it would be to have the driver of the car fly the plane too. Otherwise this doesn't amount to crap.
Obviously it was a younger idiot. Doesn't make the younger generation look to bright does it?!
I would have preferred to have the pilot jump off of a radio/TV antenna while lauching the airplane and fly it down to his landing site, while fiming it from a helmet camera. Not wait that wouldn't work. Using a helmet would demonstrate intelligence.................

Darkbird 06-23-2008 07:25 AM

Actually, given the circumstances, I thought it was well done. Stupid to not have gotten permission/ permit so it could be done more safely. Tunnel could have been closed for 10 minutes while they did this. then they could have forgone the helmet hiding thier identity. I think there was little risk of damage to anything but the plane though. Flying basically just above stall, and with the flow of traffic, which was moving much faster than they were. Of course, I guess that if there were no risk of getting arrested, it might not be as exciting.