RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   RCU has a new owner (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/6670536-rcu-has-new-owner.html)

gnirwin 11-25-2007 11:54 AM

RCU has a new owner

I have just read that RCU has been sold to Hearst Publishing. The deal is supposely worth 20 million and includes the sell of Kaango as well. Has anyone else heard anything on this?

exeter_acres 11-25-2007 11:55 AM

RE: RCU has a new owner

been discussed at length over at another site that I can not type here... for a few days...

ironic, isn't it?

Geistware 11-25-2007 12:05 PM

Here is a link to the press release.
http://www.hearst.com/news/press_111607a.html

mvigod 11-25-2007 12:24 PM

Correct. RCU and Kaango (both formerly owned by me and my partner Michael) sold 80% to Hearst and Media News Group. Michael and I are both staying on and collectively still have an ownership stake.

From a member perspective and client (i.e. our advertisers) perspective nothing will change other than us having additional resources to improve the site (both technically and in content) at a more rapid pace. All the same people that were here before the sale are still here after the sale in same functional roles. We intend on bringing on some full time support staff to increase our already fast response times.

We are excited about this news and how it will act as a catalyst to give us the ability to help bolster our services to our visitors and members. I'm looking forward to working hard on making RCU even better in the coming years as I have for the past seven years since its birth.

Marc

RCVFR 11-25-2007 12:28 PM

Way to go, Marc! [sm=thumbup.gif]

Flyboy Dave 11-25-2007 12:28 PM

Way to go, Marc.... [sm=thumbup.gif]....the American Dream comes true !!!

I wonder how the clowns from the old Flightlines likes him now. :)

FBD. :D

Kmot 11-25-2007 12:38 PM

Damn, $20 Million! I guess you can go buy that Porsche now. :D

Congrats!

MinnFlyer 11-25-2007 01:24 PM

So who do I talk to about a raise? :D

RCKen 11-25-2007 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

So who do I talk to about a raise? :D
Mike,
I think that Marc should at least double what you are getting now!!!! ;)

Ken

BarracudaHockey 11-25-2007 02:29 PM

<perk> Full time staff??

Where do I apply!?!?

RCKen 11-25-2007 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

<perk> Full time staff??

Where do I apply!?!?
Line forms behind me!!!! ;)

Ken

mvigod 11-25-2007 03:25 PM

Thanks much fellas. It does show if you work hard night and day with focus things can work out.

Now instead of me going on vacation to celebrate I think I'll be working even harder. I can't complain at all as I really enjoy running the site and working with the entire moderator team and members. If it wasn't for that I think I would have blown out years ago.

marc

FLYBOY 11-26-2007 03:17 PM

WOW, thats some good coin! Need a pilot for that new jet you are going to buy? :):D

mvigod 11-26-2007 03:23 PM

ORIGINAL: FLYBOY

WOW, thats some good coin! Need a pilot for that new jet you are going to buy? :):D

LOL...it's never the jet that is the most expensive part...it's the fuel right! If I had a jet and could afford the fuel to put in it I'd hire ya' :)

u2fast 11-26-2007 09:38 PM

mucho congrats, barry

Loubud 11-26-2007 10:59 PM

Good job Marc. If it makes you happy, it makes us happy.
The Badius Boys

crownvic 11-27-2007 01:25 PM

If every thing was going so well and all personal are staying in place doing the same thing they have always done and you are happy as a claim at hi tide.Why sell?

cv

MinnFlyer 11-27-2007 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: crownvic

If every thing was going so well and all personal are staying in place doing the same thing they have always done and you are happy as a claim at hi tide.Why sell?

cv

Terry Holston 11-27-2007 04:37 PM

cv
I think he has 20 milion reasons...........LOL HOLY $##T $20 Million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scottrc 11-27-2007 09:17 PM

Hope you continue to stay on running a good site.

Scott

Gremlin Castle 11-27-2007 09:28 PM

I don't have any idea how to respond to a question like that.[8D]

cv

benc008 11-27-2007 09:31 PM

I am new to RCU. How does your site make money? $20M ... wow!

crownvic 11-28-2007 11:43 AM

apparantly they dont cause they need 20million reasons to sell

FOD MAN 11-28-2007 03:58 PM

How long will it be before we have to pay for a RCU membership or dues ?

mvigod 11-28-2007 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: FOD MAN

How long will it be before we have to pay for a RCU membership or dues ?
No change in member structure. Same one we always have had is the one we continue to use. Click UPGRADE for more info. this system same on in place for 4+ years now. Works fine. No reason to change.

mv