RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   smoking in the pitts (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/7749985-smoking-pitts.html)

JollyPopper 07-28-2008 11:01 AM

RE: smoking in the pitts

ORIGINAL: Hill202

ORIGINAL: JollyPopper

And after watching the History channel last night, we won't have to worry about it after Dec. 21, 2012. So, hell, let 'em smoke where ever they feel like they need to.

What happens on Dec. 21, 2012?
POOF

the world ends

fly boy2 07-28-2008 09:14 PM

I heard about that, its the mayian calendar, i think i spelled mayian right someone let me know if I didn't, but their calendar ends dec. 21, 2012, I don't believe it. People thought the computers were gonna crash and they didn't. Only God know when the world will end, but I will end it there and not to get into the religion. ( I do like the smell of a pipe, cig smoke I don't like but I will not complain ) conclusion let 'em smoke cause sooner or later the goverment will stop smoking altogether and instead of people being put in jail for weed, they will be put in jail for a pack of cigs or a bag of Red Man that they roll themselves in there pocket.

MinnFlyer 07-29-2008 05:38 AM

That's the problem with smoking...

It's the only product in the world that, when used according to the manufacturer's instructions, will kill you.

But don't expect the goverment to ban it, they make far too much money from taxing it.

Think about this - Tobbaco companies are some of the most profitable companies in the world. They make billions. Yet, they only get about 25 cents of the 4 or 5 dollars that a pack of cigarettes costs - the rest is taxes (Or "Fees" as our Minnesota governer likes to call them)

Just think of how much the goverment is making!

Hill202 07-29-2008 06:37 PM

And after watching the History channel last night, we won't have to worry about it after Dec. 21, 2012. So, hell, let 'em smoke where ever they feel like they need to.

POOF

the world ends
I hate when that happens.

tiger90 05-27-2009 08:32 PM

You can say that this was stupid, but it was done under extreme precautions, we threw a lit cigerette into a pan containing regular gasoline, guess what, the cigerette went out and the gas did not ignite, so go a head ban smokers, blacks and women- it's all the same thing, discrimination.
THIS IS STILL AMERICA

MetallicaJunkie 05-28-2009 12:16 AM

POOF

the world ends
I hate when that happens.
LOL http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif

ORIGINAL: tiger90

You can say that this was stupid, but it was done under extreme precautions, we threw a lit cigerette into a pan containing regular gasoline, guess what, the cigerette went out and the gas did not ignite, so go a head ban smokers, blacks and women- it's all the same thing, discrimination.
THIS IS STILL AMERICA

+1

smokers dont bother me,.... i occasionally go to pub/bars and i expect it and tolerate it(it comes with the territory)......Now when its in my house my vehicles or in a restaurant thats another story.....aslong as im outdoors and its not intentionally blown in my direction its ok,

Silent-AV8R 05-28-2009 01:12 AM

My field does not allow smoking because we are located in an area with a fairly high fire potential. It makes our land owner happy to know that we take fires seriously.

BTW - the cigarette in the gas pan trick. Try warming the gasoline up to about 100 degrees first and then do it. Stand back a bit first. It is not the liquid that catches fire, it is the vapor.

On a personal level I have no issues with smokers as long as I do not have to be exposed to their smoke.  Their right to smoke does not trump my right not to have to breathe their smoke.

And one final thing to you smokers. Can any of you explain why in the name of God you feel that it is fine and dandy to throw your butts anywhere that the mood strikes you?? I know, none of YOU do that, it's all those OTHER smokers. But really, why do you have to throw your butts all over the place??

Ttam Says Blarg 05-28-2009 01:34 AM

I live in Lake Arrowhead which is in a forest... I dont like careless people smoking (cigarettes). If you have ever had your home in danger due to fire you know what I mean. Saying that I dont mind if people smoke near me. My mom has smoked all of her life and nothing bad happened to me. You do what you want and Ill do what I want.

speedy72vega 05-28-2009 08:14 AM

Ok, here goes..................................It all comes down to 2 words-COMMON COURTESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</p>

I'm around alot of smokers throughout the day. They smoke in the same area all the time, and that's fine with me. I can choose to go to that area or not, no problem. That's their choice to smoke there, and my choice not to go there.</p>

I have read many intelligent and not so intelligent posts on this thread, but the one thing I read over and over that gets my blood boiling is the assenine statement 'if my smoke bothers you, go somewhere else' BS. If you are smoking somewhwere, i'm not going to go into your area. BUT! If i'm standing somewhere not smoking, the smokers sure don't have a problem coming over and lighting up where i'm at! AND, have the gall to get all pissed if I ask them to go somewhere else........[:@] Absolutely no common courtesy whatsoever! I do understand that this goes both ways, non smokers, dont complain if you go somewhere where people are already smoking. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!</p>

If you smokers want your areas to smoke in, fine, USE THEM! And pick up after yourselves! </p>

If i'm in the pits, getting my planes ready to go fly, and you get there after me and light up, then get mad at ME for asking you to move, FU. </p>

If you're there first, then it's my responsibility to go somewhere else, END OF STORY!</p>

If more people used some common courtesy, we could all get along just fine.</p>

gboulton 05-28-2009 08:40 AM

Smoker myself....few thoughts on the subject.

Everything we need to solve this whole "smokers v nonsmokers crisis" we learned in kindergarten, guys.

I field strip EVERY butt, and throw the paper/cotton remains in the trash, butt can, pocket, whatever. Why? Because I learned in kindergarten that you shouldn't litter.

I expect no sympathy, and offer no complaints about the high cost, either short term or long term, to either my health or wallet, of cigarettes. Why? because I learned in kindergarten that I'm responsible for my own choices.

I hope, if you wish me to smoke elsewhere, that YOU learned in kindergarten that despite what you may think of me personally, I'm still due the common courtesy of a POLITE request.

If you give me such a request, I'll do my absolute best to accommodate you...since I learned in kindergarten that it's good to honor reasonable and polite requests when possible.

If you wish to carry on needlessly about it, I'll probably make a point of blowing smoke in your face...because obviously you DIDN'T learn in kindergarten not to whine.

=============

It's really pretty simple. I'll do anything I reasonably can to avoid bothering you with it, and I'll clean up after myself. Please return the favor by approaching me politely with any request you may have regarding it, and not making a federal case out of it.

Fair enough?

speedy72vega 05-28-2009 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: gboulton

Smoker myself....few thoughts on the subject.

Everything we need to solve this whole "smokers v nonsmokers crisis" we learned in kindergarten, guys.

I field strip EVERY butt, and throw the paper/cotton remains in the trash, butt can, pocket, whatever. Why? Because I learned in kindergarten that you shouldn't litter.

I expect no sympathy, and offer no complaints about the high cost, either short term or long term, to either my health or wallet, of cigarettes. Why? because I learned in kindergarten that I'm responsible for my own choices.

I hope, if you wish me to smoke elsewhere, that YOU learned in kindergarten that despite what you may think of me personally, I'm still due the common courtesy of a POLITE request.

If you give me such a request, I'll do my absolute best to accommodate you...since I learned in kindergarten that it's good to honor reasonable and polite requests when possible.

If you wish to carry on needlessly about it, I'll probably make a point of blowing smoke in your face...because obviously you DIDN'T learn in kindergarten not to whine.

=============

It's really pretty simple. I'll do anything I reasonably can to avoid bothering you with it, and I'll clean up after myself. Please return the favor by approaching me politely with any request you may have regarding it, and not making a federal case out of it.

Fair enough?
Well put, I 2nd that motion.

BUDMAN27 05-30-2009 12:26 PM

Some people don,t like red cars, lets get rid of all red cars, some people don,t like people who don,t like smoke, lets get rid of people who don,t like smoke.God made smoke , so smoke can,t be all that bad. Life is just like flying a air plane it,s not a Q if it is a Q when.;)

Minnreefer 05-30-2009 03:26 PM

I don't think my club has a non smoking policy, I smoke a pipe on occasion, but when I do, I try not to be upwind of others.  My wife is one of those smoke nazi's that hates smoke, I appoligize for her comments to others.  I don't care if people smoke, I just think there are a lot of people out in this world that will look at one thing and totally ignore something else.  How many innocent people have died, from drunk dirvers, yet drinking is still goes on a lot (I do drink, but only when I have no place to go, or a ride).</p>

</p>

Sorry to go off on that tangent.</p>

</p>

Jon</p>