RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   DONG-HANG MODELS-CHINA??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/8423244-dong-hang-models-china.html)

Loopman 01-31-2009 02:53 PM

DONG-HANG MODELS-CHINA???

Recently, on this website (RCU) I saw a splash ad for a company called "DH-RCModels", Company name "Dong-Hang Comprehensive Models,LTD" located in China. They had several very nice looking Pitts S-12 models in the 50cc range. One is a "Bulldog" scheme that really caught my eye. I corresponded with the factory rep and they agreed to sell me a plane with an "air freight" charge of $160.00 US. However, they will only accept a wire transfer (no credit cards or checks). While they look legit I am very skeptical of paying for the plane by this method as I have no recourse if it never shows up, or gets lost. Has anyone had any dealings with this company and would it be a safe bet to do business with them? Here is an address to their website. "www.dh-rcmodel.com". All opinions would be appreciated.

Happy Flying!

Loopman :eek:

SDCrashmaster 01-31-2009 03:04 PM

RE: DONG-HANG MODELS-CHINA???

About the only opinion I have is "If you're going to sell something to the US, you should evaluate your company name very seriously". Dong Hang? I mean c'mon.
At least get creative like "Dong Hang Lo"[X(]

TLH101 01-31-2009 03:07 PM

I bet there is a reason they will not take credit cards. :(

outdoorhunting 01-31-2009 04:41 PM

I think maybe, send the wire transfer & then bend over rover. If ya see a " red flag"-pay attention to the "red flag". Unless, you've got more money that you need. If so send it to me !!!!!!!!!!!! TLH101 has it right, they know that if they bugger ya & you paid with a credit card you can get your money back.

Kmot 01-31-2009 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

At least get creative like "Dong Hang Lo"[X(]
ROFLMBO!!!!!!!! [sm=lol.gif]

Loopman 01-31-2009 06:57 PM

Hey Outdoorhunting, you said a funny! "Red Flag" synonomous with the Chinese "Red Flag" of the People's Republic of China! I guess RCU does not screen prospective advertisers on this site, as I'm sure they paid to get their pics on here. Also, this same company has a thread on "RC-Groups" with a different factory rep name. I also checked on how much it would be to ship a model this size through DHL, UPS and FEDEX and it ain't cheap. $160 would'nt get it onto a Piper Cub for a hop to the next province with these shippers! The cheapest one was FEDEX at $1600! These guys (DH-Models) are probably fishing for easy marks, of which I will not be one. Everyone else beware of these types of potentially bogus deals!

Happy Flying!

Loopman [:-]

outdoorhunting 01-31-2009 08:02 PM

I guess I should be more carefull.. The way the US is borrowing money from them, we might be saluting that red flag someday !! At least 2 times a day I get a notification that I've won the lottery in England. Today I got one sponsored by Shell Oil & Pepsi Cola, oh, yeah, & The Country of Nigeria. All they neede was my name age, etc. I almost sent it to them well ,they said it was a million dallars & I could use that !!! Hehehehe !!!!

ChickenStick Rick 01-31-2009 08:20 PM

Hey Loopman,
Let me dispel all these myths people are saying without any experience. I just finished a transaction with Kevin from dh rcmodels. I bought the 2.4 meter Pitts. The transaction went flawlessly and they even did a custom covering scheme. I had similar reservations but went through with the wire transfer. They shipped the plane within days via EMS on a Wednesday and I had the plane at my door on Monday. I could not believe the quick turnaround. I say you should feel safe that you will get the plane. I believe that most overseas companies only deal with wire transfers for payment. If you would like to talk to me more about it feel free to email or pm me.

Take Care
Stick

vicman 01-31-2009 08:34 PM

I won't be hangin mine out there anytime soon.[X(]

slevin1 01-31-2009 09:26 PM

They should change their name to Dong Hang to Left or Dong Hang Long :D

Saul

tIANci 02-01-2009 02:44 AM

Vic ... Hang Loose man!

Kevin Greene 02-01-2009 10:18 PM

They are legit....Blazing Wings imports these planes to the US but at a higher cost than you could order it yourself direct...I was told that the shipping initially was $140 air freight...Later they emailed me and told me they made a mistake and it was $240...I passed and got a smokin' deal on a TOC Pitts M-12 here on RCU...

Kevin

Kevin Greene 02-01-2009 10:35 PM

And one more thing...Just because a company only takes wire transfers doesn't make them bogus...The last time I checked and purchased from Composite ARF they only took wire transfers...

Kevin

herrmill 02-02-2009 04:05 AM

I live in China & most online transactions are still via wire xfer - credit cards are fairly new here & not used except in brick & mortar retail. Ask them if the the factory can accept PayPal since its becoming more popular. Regarding shipping, EMS is considerably cheaper than DHL/FedEx/UPS, & Hong Kong Post is cheaper still if available.

jonkoppisch 02-02-2009 07:11 AM

It looks like you have to create an account with them just to see what the prices are?

*** I take that back, even after registering you can't see the prices...

The big pitts s-12 looks pretty nice!

trioval00 02-02-2009 10:16 AM

if still not sure about being ligit, I looked at their web site and they have add's from Hobby Lobby. I would suggest calling Hobby Lobby sales department and check with them about DH models....

and there are many other companies in the Jet community we deal with that only uses wire transfers.....

Mark

Kevin Greene 02-02-2009 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

It looks like you have to create an account with them just to see what the prices are?

*** I take that back, even after registering you can't see the prices...

The big pitts s-12 looks pretty nice!
You don't have to create an "account"....Just a login and password...Email them for prices...

Kevin

Loopman 02-02-2009 01:51 PM

Well, I was ready to send the funds but my bank "Suntrust" wanted $50 to do the wire. For some reason, with all the banking and finance mess going on, and wall street banks giving their execs billions in bonuses, I find it impossible to give them $50 for a simple wire(less) transaction. Guess I'll just wait till Perry to see what I can score there. The issue with a transport charge going from $160 to possibly $240 also makes me second guess the purchase.

Happy Flying!

Loopman [>:]

WhoDaMan 02-02-2009 02:59 PM

well I just got an email on the cougar and I am goingto get it

Kevin Greene 02-04-2009 11:03 AM

Hmmm....I can't seem to access their website....Actually for a couple of days...

Kevin

trioval00 02-04-2009 11:10 AM

Kevin, i got in, cant get anywhere with out a password, but it's up and running...

Mark

http://www.dh-rcmodel.com/index.asp

ChickenStick Rick 02-04-2009 11:12 AM

Seems to working now. Try this www.dh-rcmodel.com

Kevin Greene 02-04-2009 05:22 PM

Still not loading for me...On two separate computers...I even used their link on one of their product anouncements here on RCU and no dice...

Kevin

Kevin Greene 02-04-2009 09:20 PM

Finally....It's working now!!!...Must be intermittent...

Kevin

Blazing Wings 03-11-2009 01:49 PM

Blazing Wings ist the exclusive distributor of DHmodel. Not only that, but we have modified the planes, to make them better. We have worked with various pilots to build a plane, that will stand out. If you are interested in DHmodel or our planes, please send your inquiry directly to us at [email protected]