RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Horizon Hobbies Pain in the.... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/8549631-horizon-hobbies-pain.html)

blue77 03-06-2009 09:10 AM

Horizon Hobbies Pain in the....

Well I had forgotten what a pain in the butt it is to try to deal with horizon hobbies.....I placed over a $500 order and they would not accept my card because the billing and shipping address was not the same, the lady suggested I change one or the other........well I can't help it if I live in the country and have a po box for mail.....also hh will not ship to po if order is over $50, now if its a large box that may make sense, but if its a small box and it is more convienent for the customer why not sent to a po....I order from Chief, Tower, etc all the time with no problems and great service.............seems very strange to me, especially in todays market.....I'll never do business with hh again.....JMHO WC

DadsToysBG 03-06-2009 09:25 AM

RE: Horizon Hobbies Pain in the....

I understand their position. I will not ship to any other address other the the billing address. to many times you can get burnt by theft of a card. All the card holder has to do is SAY " I didn't do it" and the store eats the lose. Dennis

KW_Counter 03-06-2009 09:49 AM

Check with your credit card company.
Some will allow you to have multiple addresses.

Shipping to PO boxes is a real fraud problem which is why many companies won't.
If you use something like Mail Boxed Etc. you can alleviate this problem.

Good Luck,
KW_Counter

blue77 03-06-2009 10:28 AM

Thats a dumb solution, its the stores job to satisfy the customer, if they want to be that difficult and loose business thats their problem. I have dealt with hh more than once for orders of $100 or more...........the solution for them might be to have members, with a fee, and offer breaks on shippings, etc....ie Tower Hobbies. But hh is cutting off their nose to spite their face. WC

Bob Mitchell 03-06-2009 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: blue77

Thats a dumb solution, its the stores job to satisfy the customer, if they want to be that difficult and loose business thats their problem. I have dealt with hh more than once for orders of $100 or more...........the solution for them might be to have members, with a fee, and offer breaks on shippings, etc....ie Tower Hobbies. But hh is cutting off their nose to spite their face. WC
I don't think I've ordered anything on line in the past several years where I wasn't asked to verify or indicate that the billing address for the card, and shipping address for the order were the same. In most cases that was followed by a comment to the effect that if they weren't, the order would either be held up or not accepted. Fraud is a huge business and while it may cause problems for some I can fully understand why on line merchants need to protect themselves. They want your order as badly as you want your stuff. They aren't going out of their way to make it difficult, they're protecting themselves and trying to keep costs down for all of us.

red head 03-06-2009 05:47 PM

They are also protecting YOU !! It's not a dumb solution, be smart and think about it. ENJOY !!! RED

pcm 03-06-2009 11:06 PM

This would not be a problem if it were not for thieves. Horizon has to protect themselves too.

I also lived in the country and you still have a physical address.

Rcpilot 03-06-2009 11:59 PM

My bank allows me to ship to 2 different address'

I usually ship to work. Arrival at a commercial business is quicker and sometimes cheaper. I get a nice package at work sometime in the next week. :D

outdoorhunting 03-07-2009 08:15 AM

I come to Florida for the winters & so I have my billing address ( up North) & a shipping address (In Florida)which is also a (shudder) PO box. I've not had any problems yet. However I can see where a business would be cautious to say the least.

T. Bob 03-08-2009 11:30 PM

Quit cryin

exeter_acres 03-09-2009 06:31 AM

Direct from Horizon.....

If you are having your merchandise sent to an address that is different from your billing address we request that the address be on file with the credit card company. HORIZON HOBBY, INC. has the right to turn down an order that is shipped to an address other than the billing address on your order. Please ensure that your shipping address is on file with the credit card issuing bank so we can process your order.

OnTheEdge 03-09-2009 07:53 AM

Clear and simple. Biggest scam's in the credit card business is to ship to a different address. Sorry this happened to you but the company is only protecting itself.

Stripes 03-09-2009 08:12 AM

Anybody bought from Amazon? Your account information with Amazon can keep several names and addresses you want to ship to. I have both my kids names there. This small bit of sophistication has assured Amazon that I buy all my gifts from them for my kids. [8D]