RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   RCU survey....beware! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/9298873-rcu-survey-beware.html)

mogman 12-02-2009 08:42 PM

RCU survey....beware!

I just got a RCU bulletin to take a survey. It comes up "TROJAN HORSE"!!!!! BEWARE, now I have to figure out how to get rid of that!

foodstick 12-02-2009 08:48 PM

RE: RCU survey....beware!

man thats messed up !

MinnFlyer 12-02-2009 09:48 PM

That's funny, I didn't get that. What virus protection are you using?

mogman 12-02-2009 09:56 PM

I'm using Avast and SpyBot.

aerofly0610 12-03-2009 12:16 AM

try using comodo security suite... its free

mogman 12-03-2009 12:56 AM

I just had a survey sent to me by my friend's son, for his university paper, same survey co. (surveymonkey),...another Trojan horse.

DavidAgar 12-03-2009 08:17 AM

I did the RCU survey, no issue's at all. I have Norton. Good Luck, Dave

OldRookie 12-03-2009 09:33 AM

I guess I won't be taking the survey. Don't need any computer problems.

Greg

Kmot 12-03-2009 12:22 PM

Got the e-mail this morning. Went straight into the trash. Thanks for the heads up.

BarracudaHockey 12-03-2009 01:07 PM

No virus warning for me, and I have the best and most up to date setup on this computer

iexion 12-03-2009 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: mogman

I just had a survey sent to me by my friend's son, for his university paper, same survey co. (surveymonkey),...another Trojan horse.

**** [sm=cry_smile.gif]AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAMMIT!!!

JEC55 12-03-2009 01:58 PM

I received the Email yesterday.I just ran a complete scan on my computer and so far, so good. I'm using Eset / NOD32 for virus protection.

GarySS 12-03-2009 03:28 PM

Took the Survey 1/2 hour ago............Now running AVG Spyware scan. Wonder if it was some other source. RCU management should post their position on this PDQ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big_Bird 12-03-2009 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: mogman

I used to use Avast and got a lot of false positives for viruses. About 2 years ago I switched to Norton Security and all has been fine.

flyingtomg 12-03-2009 04:32 PM

To me, the question is, did anyone at RCU send out this survey?

Moderator, do you know?

flyingtomg

mvigod 12-03-2009 04:45 PM

I sent out the survey. It was a simple text email. No trojans or viruses. It went straight from my server. I have Mcafee and Norton and no triggers. Just a plain vanilla text email. The survey was the real deal. Over 7000 people have taken it already. If you want to go directly to it click the link below. It closes out tomorrow midnight EST so if you want to take it do it by then!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/566F633

Also to those with the spyware/virus detectors that flagged this email. Get a new virus scanner. You just got a bad reading as this email should not trip any spyware or virus detector. Ihave examined the headers on the email and nothing isthere to set off anything but a bad innacurate scanner.

Big_Bird 12-03-2009 04:45 PM

Seems to me it was a rather narrow survey interested mostly if you read product reviews in print media or on the internet.

mvigod 12-03-2009 04:49 PM

This survey was narrow.  Anyone can take it or read it by clicking my link above.  I am trying to learn how people feel about online and print media with regards to reviews, videos, advertising, etc  

Times are changing rapidly and we like to always know our customer

MikeL 12-03-2009 05:36 PM

Marc, RCU reviews are just like magazine reviews with a video attached. The video just shows the plane flying, which when you think about it isn't that informative.

The real value would be in long format reviews that gather information from various threads about a model into one place. When I'm researching a model I'll read reviews where ever, but the real meat of my research is spent going through the long threads found here and elsewhere. What would be awesome is having a reviewer not just give their short opinions based on assembly and a few flights, but rather something more comprehensive. I waste a lot of time going through those threads, as a certain percentage of the replies have very little useful information. Having a review as a central resource for a model would be great. Have the reviewer act as an editor of sorts, compiling the best information from the threads after verifying and trying it. I can't think of too many models that don't have widely recommended modifications or adjustments, yet reviews just don't do much like that. CG recommendations, places where additional strength is necessary, modifications, servo suggestions... any and all of that has great value, but is hard to find. Same with flying tips and tricks.

Be more than a print magazine with marginal video. Have dynamic content that reflects real-world use.

mvigod 12-03-2009 06:11 PM

Mike,

We have that.  It is in our product guide.  Check the user reviews and build tips and compatibility tabs.

marc<br type="_moz"/>

Dan M 12-03-2009 06:46 PM

you guys crack me up , there wasn't anything in the email or the link that was harmful .

homeboy61 12-03-2009 07:22 PM

Someones always has a problem but better safe than sorry my norton never detected any thing I have the 360 version I`ll trust the Admins word ITS ALL GOOD BRO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

brockettman 12-03-2009 08:02 PM

I tried to take the survey, but at the end it kept directing me back to one of the survey pages that I "didn't complete". I completed that same page several times and then just gave up after going in circles. No problems with anything else. I use Panda Global Protection

straitnickel 12-03-2009 10:21 PM

hey all, i took that survey and didn't suspect it but d_ _ if i didn't spend yesterday reformatting my PC!!

straitnickel 12-03-2009 10:23 PM

aerofly0610, thanks for the heads-up on some free spyware.