Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
 Wing vs. Engine, Incidence >

Wing vs. Engine, Incidence

Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Wing vs. Engine, Incidence

Old 11-21-2004, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing vs. Engine, Incidence

Using a Robart's Incidence meter, I'm trying to set-up tube mounted wings for zero incidence. My idea is to attach a Robart's Incidence Meter to the propellor shaft and then prop the fuse to get an indicated, zero degrees. I would then slide the wings on the tubes and by using the meter, set each of them to zero degrees and establish the rear pin positions. I guess you could say that I'm using the engine thrust direction as the reference for fuselage attitude in flight. Does my method sound reasonable? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:34 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Wing vs. Engine, Incidence

That sounds good, but I use 2 incidence meters. That way it is easy to see if the fuse has been jostled.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wing vs. Engine, Incidence

That works if you're sure that your engine is, and is supposed to be, set at "0/0".

If it already has an offset thrust line built in, then you'll be aligning the wings to that offset, rather than to the intended angles.