Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
 The Jacknife-South Texas success story! >

The Jacknife-South Texas success story!

Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

The Jacknife-South Texas success story!

Old 06-06-2005, 03:43 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Jacknife-South Texas success story!

Hello fellow molders,
I'm proud to announce that my pet project over the last 3 years, the Jacknife, a very large sport jet I designed for the AMT AT 450 turbine has flown and has performed far better than I could ever expected. See the pic at the AMTusa website for the Best Sport Jet winner at the Mississippi Afterburner meet May 19-05 Over 100" in length, over 90" inch wingspan. Slows down to crawl, rock-solid landings. All composite except for the wing at present, vacuume bagged tail feathers keep things in the rear light but stiff. 14 minute flights at 1/2 throttle cruise, hard 10 minutes with the burner lit. More info will be posted at www.hollandway.com Contact for more info. It is very Kool to see something that started out as a 7inch drawing 2 view, turn into the largest sport jet in the world, and become a reality from my plugs, molds, and headaches. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to keep going!

Jack Holland
Old 06-07-2005, 07:45 PM

Default RE: The Jacknife-South Texas success story!

That's awesome Jack. I know when we finally got the Cutlass flying it was a great feeling. I saw some pictures of the Jacknife and it really does look sharp.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this ought to wake up somepeople http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/VH3JYT7B1H7SZ3DR
Old 06-18-2007, 01:28 PM

I know nothign abtou jets but what w2as the sound when the engine was starting up were they all failed attempts?
Old 09-15-2007, 12:05 PM

Hi,
On the video, what your hearing is the pausing in between air blasts used during the start up process. The pauses allow for the internal temp of the turbine to increase to the needed 168 degree C to for the ECU to start teh fuel pump. Towards the end of that start up, a closed fuel valve wasn't helping matters either,,,oops! Jack
Old 09-15-2007, 12:40 PM

Hello, it has been a while since we updated the progress of the production Jacknife. I decided to mold the wing, rather than cutting foam cores, sheeting,glassing, etc... for each of the orders pending. This will make my life easier, as I am a one man operation. This is a free upgrade my existing customers. Wing mold nearing completion. LOOK FOR US IN 08 AT THE RALLYS. Watch for a new large scale all composite aerobatic prop job also for 08...BIG!!!!. Please note our new office line with be 956-650-0602 until further notice.

BLESSINGS TO ALL,

JACK