Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Is this servo busted?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Lowflyer281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this servo busted?

Im pretty new when it comes to bulding and repairing, i bought my Funtana 90s used and it flys great but when i used the left alieron it kind of jumps up which really effects the flying. I made a video for you to see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvO3S2Oju0 Does anyone know what can cause this?
Old 08-11-2010, 12:42 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Is this servo busted?

Try a new extension to the servo, it may be a feedback problem, I have seen this several times in the last 40 years or so.

Bob
Old 08-15-2010, 06:15 AM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

You don't mention what brand/number the servo is, but my guess is that the potentiometer is worn or of poor resolution. A brand new Hextronic exhibits this exact same problem. Basically, the servo travel overshoots the input. Check all the connections, but my guess is that the servo has seen better days.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:05 AM

Best solution is to replace the servo.

That said, if you like to fix things and have the skills then repair it. Here's a good tut about servos:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142369