Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

Yuvenko Speed Limit design questions

Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Yuvenko Speed Limit design questions

Old 09-22-2019, 01:06 PM
scattermaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yuvenko Speed Limit design questions

Is anyone familiar with these? Anyone flying them?
I just received 10 of Yuvenko's speed limit airplanes. they look nice, better than I could have done if I had built them...
Anyway, after getting my engine mounted and giving the 1st one a close inspection I noticed that:
1. There's no tip weight on the outboard wing and:
2. The lead outs seem like they might be too far forward.
I can simply go try one out and see how it does but I was hoping someone here has experience with them and would comment.
Thx,
Jim

home made mounts, OS25FX converted for CL

Seems like the lead outs should be farther back.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:30 AM
Bob Mears

You are correct on all statements. There probably is some tip weight in there, but it wont be enough. Some folks tape a quarter on the outboard tip. I use lead tape and tape over it for better aerodynamics and insure it stays on. the lead outs will probably be ok with that engine. I have used an ASP 21 and with it I usually move the lead outs 10mm aft.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:32 PM
PWF63

Originally Posted by Bob Mears View Post
You are correct on all statements. There probably is some tip weight in there, but it wont be enough. Some folks tape a quarter on the outboard tip. I use lead tape and tape over it for better aerodynamics and insure it stays on. the lead outs will probably be ok with that engine. I have used an ASP 21 and with it I usually move the lead outs 10mm aft.
Sorry guys as I've not posted for 12 months I've just come across this post.
All Yuvenko combat models are built perfect ready to fly and No, there is no tip weight and the lead outs are in the right position.
The only adjustment you need to make is moving the engine forward or back for your own abilities in flying.
All modern Ukraine combat models irrespective of manufacturer have no tip weight.
Whether you can fly one or not is a little thing called Reflexes.
The Yuvenko F2E European diesel combat models are about my limit.
Best regards
Fredo
Australia