Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

covering film for electric

Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

covering film for electric

Old 01-26-2020, 02:32 PM
Dzlstunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default covering film for electric

I am going to try something different, a small electric a control line stunt plane. What is a good lightweight covering material? Ultracote light? Others?

Dzl
Old 01-31-2020, 06:25 AM
Bob Mears

two of the lightest I have used is pvc and cellophane. They dont have adhesive so you will have to glue it into place. I use 3m77. Cellophane can be purchased at any gift shop, wallmart, florest shop, etc. I get my pvc from ebay. I use 75 gauge for my combat planes, but some 60 gauge outa be super light and good enough for stunt.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:18 PM
Andrew

Originally Posted by Bob Mears View Post
........... I get my pvc from ebay. I use 75 gauge for my combat planes, but some 60 gauge outa be super light and good enough for stunt.
Is there a brand name? How is it listed? Does it heat shrink?
I guess I'm not quite sure how to search and how to evaluate the material. I've found PVC film, but so far, nothing about the thickness.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:00 AM
Tequesta

I have the same question Bob Mears Please advise.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:04 AM
Bob Mears

Sorry for the delay. Been in Hawaii for a couple of weeks. This link will take you to an ebay of the covering. 75 is the thin stuff and what you will want. Sometimes you can find 60 and that would be great for a 1/2A, but I've used the 75 on 1/2A's and it works fine too. 100 is way too heavy. Shrink it with a hair drier. Doesnt take much heat.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-to-36-PV...8c4c25bc88bdd7
Old 03-16-2020, 07:59 AM
Tequesta

Default Doculam

Originally Posted by Bob Mears View Post
Sorry for the delay. Been in Hawaii for a couple of weeks. This link will take you to an ebay of the covering. 75 is the thin stuff and what you will want. Sometimes you can find 60 and that would be great for a 1/2A, but I've used the 75 on 1/2A's and it works fine too. 100 is way too heavy. Shrink it with a hair drier. Doesnt take much heat.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-to-36-PV...8c4c25bc88bdd7
I see that is doculam laminating film. Iím using it on my current dlg Iím building. 1.5 mil is good light stuff super cheep.

thanks

John
Old 03-18-2020, 03:09 PM
NEW222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. Doculam lightweight and cheap. Can use a light spray of paint on the underside befor applying, and or scuff teh outside up and paint it once applied.