Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Young mufflers

Old 10-26-2023, 04:51 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Young mufflers

I have never used a muffler on my Fox or McCoy engines. Just started up back in U Control. Never got read of my old U control planes. But never used Mufflers. I seen some zToung Mufflers and wondered. I know you other circle guys and gals have used them. Iíve seen the holes pointed up and the holes pointed down. Going to use the Toung muffler on my early Fox Stunt 35 have several, try it on my Veco Chief first. Then I was thinking if it works out my Ringmaster, and my BuySlob. Not cheap with shipping about $48:00.AJ.
Old 11-01-2023, 04:26 PM

Well Igot my Toung Muffler Fradykatt enterprise.this guy is known as Stan Frady. And manufactures a Toung and other Mufflers for our old Fox and McCoy engines. You can order direct sfrady [email protected] I had to do a slight mod to my Fox Stunt 35 but,the fit was great, very happy. AJ
Old 11-08-2023, 12:28 AM

Well I tried out that toug muffler did not really make my Fox Stunt 35 alot quieter I have a hearing issue. Infact I am legally Def. By hearing standards. Wear Amplifiers and not hearing aids. The style of muffler I bought the holes are drilled on the end and not the side. My Chief engine is inverted Fox Stunt 35 and the needle valve is by the or should I say the hot gases that exit the toug muffler and it's hot adjusting the needle valve is burn city. Next muffler I order will have the holes exit down..think I may put this Toug muffler on my BySlob. Now I am wondering about the engine back pressure. And the engine temp. Flying I bet it would not be so issue. She gets hot on the ground. Might run a fan on my test runs, to be on the safe side.AJ
Old 11-08-2023, 08:58 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Why not just swap the needle valve to the other side?
Old 11-08-2023, 09:43 AM

Greg doe that you can't do the Stunt Fox 35 is mounted inverted in the Veco Chief and It's U Control! Flys in a circle. So to get good positive fuel flow you run your fuel line to the right side. Where the tank fuel out let is positioned. Standard stunt 3.5 Oz fuel tank. Don't get me wrong but reversing the needle valve to the right side will stall the fuel ND probably produce lots of air in the line. And the way my tank is installed the fuel outlet line would possibly crimp. My solution for this is to install the toug muffler on my BySlob. And order another Toug muffler with the holes in the up configured position. I can order it ithor way. Call it adapt adjust modifyAJ.