Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

Sig Akromaster w/TT GP .10

Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Sig Akromaster w/TT GP .10

Old 10-19-2008, 08:35 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Sig Akromaster w/TT GP .10

I just finished a Sig Akromaster, painted the fuse with dope and covered the wing with Ultracote Light. It has a single wheel landing gear and is powered by a Thunder Tiger GP .10 control line engine and weighs exactly 16 oz without fuel. I test flew it on 50 ft lines today.

It flies great! Takes off in 3 feet and is fast and very responsive, turns very well and flies even better than some of my larger planes. What a great combination! All of my flying buddies are drooling!

If you want a good compact stunter that you can throw in the back of your car, this is the one you need! Best of all the kit is only $25.00!

Pictures to follow if anyone is interested.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:44 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sig Akromaster w/TT GP .10

Sure! love to see pictures.
Most woild not dream of putting less than a .15 onm one of these but a .10 should do nicely and sounds like yours does.

Robert
Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can also get a little larger wing by not sawing off the ends of the LE and TE pieces, adding extra ribs, etc. Here is an old pic showing a standard Akromaster (bottom) with a baffle Fox .15, and the larger wing version (top) with a ... you guessed it ... TT .10.

George
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54458.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1055601  
Old 11-15-2008, 09:03 PM
paw080

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: build light

Sure! love to see pictures.
Most woild not dream of putting less than a .15 onm one of these but a .10 should do nicely and sounds like yours does.

Robert
Hi Robert, Power loading is an important consideration when playing with this size model. I have two Akromasters, one is powered with
a .15 diesel, it weighs 17.5 ozs, my other Akro is powered with a 1.0cc(.061) diesel; it weighs only 10.5 ozs and flys incredibly well.
Also I like gcb's idea of inreasing the wing area of this model. His modification probably adds only .5oz over the original.

Tony G
Old 11-15-2008, 10:07 PM
kersplat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think an Enya .09 would fly the Acromaster? What length lines should I use? I have flown these with both the Fox .15 crossflow engine as well as the Fox .15 Schneurle. My only complaint was that these flew like a Rocket and spoiled the fun. I like a strong flyer with graceful airspeed.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:28 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: kersplat
Do you think an Enya .09 would fly the Acromaster? What length lines should I use? I have flown these with both the Fox .15 crossflow engine as well as the Fox .15 Schneurle. My only complaint was that these flew like a Rocket and spoiled the fun. I like a strong flyer with graceful airspeed.
Yes.

I would try .012x52' to start. You may need to decrease length for more pull or increase length for longer lap time, depending on YOUR needs.

Have you flown the Enya .09 a lot? If not, I would suggest 8x4 prop on 15% nitro, 20%-25% lube.

George
Old 11-16-2008, 02:18 PM
kersplat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: gcb

Yes.

I would try .012x52' to start. You may need to decrease length for more pull or increase length for longer lap time, depending on YOUR needs.

Have you flown the Enya .09 a lot? If not, I would suggest 8x4 prop on 15% nitro, 20%-25% lube.

George
I have Six Enya .09's my first one from 1966 has the most flight time and would tollerate an 8x4 the best. I will use 50 foot lines for my purpose. Thanks for your insight, I feel good about this.