Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

First re-kit

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

First re-kit

Old 05-31-2012, 07:04 AM
pitts M 12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First re-kit

Just crashed my Dumas Ercoupe on its maiden flight. First kit on its first flight. Detirmined that on the hand launch something caused it to snap roll to the left. Likely uneven wing washout. Builder error. Front foot of the fuslage is held together by the ultracote covering.

JM
Old 05-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Sir_Sparksalot
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: First re-kit

I feel your pain.
I bought a cool looking, finished plane from a flying buddy, spent a bunch of time setting it up to fly. I even bought a carb for an engine that I had, but was set up for control line. First flight: it just did NOT want to turn. I tried hard to bring it in safely. It came in with a THUD! I hate it when THAT happens. [:'(]
I hope you are able to either fix it or rebuild it with the knowledge you have learned.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:19 AM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pitts, What ever you do don't throw it away first thing. Set it in a corner and "gather your thoughts". I've done that and a year later had a new plane from the ashes of the old. Sometimes it jut takes a few nights to repair. Many times after striping the covering off, the damage doesn't look to bad and the repair is a relatively simple thing.

Good luck with you plane!

Ken
Old 06-05-2012, 07:31 PM
pitts M 12

yeah that is what i intend to do i have the laGG 9 from the quiet and electric flight free plan on the building board right now. After a bit i will rebuild the Ercoupe.

JM