Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

.60 Ultra Stik Fuselage needed

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

.60 Ultra Stik Fuselage needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 03:38 PM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile .60 Ultra Stik Fuselage needed

This is insane.
I haven't flown in 3 years, (divorce and re-marriage). Haven't touched an X-acto blade or a drop of CA in this time either.
Today, I'm killing time cruising the forums and stumble upon a fella looking to rebuild an Ultra Stik that was given to him.
As I read his post, I recalled posting my own thread on this airplane 5 or so years back. I looked that post up in archives
thinking I could give this fella a leg up on his challenge.
I read my entire thread and suddenly realized, I MISS FLYING THIS AIRPLANE! I mean, REALLY...
I have 2 wings, (one with and one w/o flaps) and tail surfaces sitting in a corner in the basement. All I'd need is a FUSELAGE...
or at least a partial one cause I'm fairly good at rebuilding, (yeah, I'm THAT kinda pilot, lol)
So, since I have no templates or plans, I'm puttin' this out to y'all

Thanks!
Don
Old 11-13-2013, 08:38 AM
mkoe

Here's what I have drawn up. It is not complete as far as the wing, but the fuse and tail feathers are done. This is to scale and in Vector format. It can be laser cut or cnc cut. Hope this helps?
Mike

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ULTRASTIK60.pdf (514.5 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by mkoe; 11-13-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:35 AM
PointMagu

Originally Posted by mkoe
Here's what I have drawn up. It is not complete as far as the wing, but the fuse and tail feathers are done. This is to scale and in Vector format. It can be laser cut or cnc cut. Hope this helps?
Mike

AWESOME job! I'm envious of your talent. I'm a scratch builder at heart and truly appreciate quality plans. Yours are top notch.
Thank you very much. These are EXACTLY what I need. I'll be way interested in your final wing plans as well.
One of the things I truly admire about this site is all the great people wanting to lend a hand to those in need. KUDOS.

I don't have access to laser or CNC so I'll be cutting these by hand. As clean and precise as they are, it will be a SNAP!

Thank you once more!

Regards,
Don
Old 11-13-2013, 10:57 AM
mkoe

No problem, Thanks for the Kudos.
Mike
Old 11-21-2013, 01:06 PM
RC_Fanatic
My Feedback: (1)

Mike
Hey, if you decide to do the wing as well, I'll be on my way to my first "plans-build."
Old 11-23-2013, 11:11 AM
mkoe

Originally Posted by RC_Fanatic
Hey, if you decide to do the wing as well, I'll be on my way to my first "plans-build."
Don't plan on that happening anytime soon. It is not on my priority list at all. The second page shows half of a wing rib placement. The fuse page has the rib profile, so I would think anyone with some basic kit building skills should be able to make a wing from what is drawn? Just need to add, the wingtip design of your choice, make the ailerons and or aileron/flap combo.
mk
Old 11-23-2013, 11:47 AM
RC_Fanatic

Don't plan on that happening anytime soon. It is not on my priority list at all. The second page shows half of a wing rib placement. The fuse page has the rib profile, so I would think anyone with some basic kit building skills should be able to make a wing from what is drawn? Just need to add, the wingtip design of your choice, make the ailerons and or aileron/flap combo.
mk
Haven't built a kit in 50 years but I can probably figure out how to set up ailerons and flaps from some of my ARF's.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:06 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PointMagu
This is insane.
I haven't flown in 3 years, (divorce and re-marriage). Haven't touched an X-acto blade or a drop of CA in this time either.
Today, I'm killing time cruising the forums and stumble upon a fella looking to rebuild an Ultra Stik that was given to him.
As I read his post, I recalled posting my own thread on this airplane 5 or so years back. I looked that post up in archives
thinking I could give this fella a leg up on his challenge.
I read my entire thread and suddenly realized, I MISS FLYING THIS AIRPLANE! I mean, REALLY...
I have 2 wings, (one with and one w/o flaps) and tail surfaces sitting in a corner in the basement. All I'd need is a FUSELAGE...
or at least a partial one cause I'm fairly good at rebuilding, (yeah, I'm THAT kinda pilot, lol)
So, since I have no templates or plans, I'm puttin' this out to y'all

Thanks!
Don
I know what you mean. The ultra stick 60 is also one of my favorites. So much so, I have had 2. I have an Ultra Stick Lite sporting a G26 hanging the garage. I just finished a complete refurbish this Summer. Once the weather improves, it will be ready to put back in the air. I wish they were still available.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:09 PM
mkoe

Here is the Original Ugly Stik wing for reference. It's not the same but will give you an idea.
MK

[ATTACH]1941609[/IMG]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
UStikWing.pdf (13.7 KB, 89 views)
Old 11-23-2013, 04:44 PM
RC_Fanatic

Here is the Original Ugly Stik wing for reference. It's not the same but will give you an idea.
MK

[ATTACH]1941609[/IMG]
Thanks.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:58 PM
mkoe

Originally Posted by RC_Fanatic
Thanks.
No Problem.
MK
Old 02-23-2014, 03:10 PM
PointMagu

I took the CAD fuselage plan to STAPLES. Had it enlarged and it turned out PERFECT.

Even though the plans show laser-cut templates, I simply drew straight over those for "standard" balsa wood cutting on a band saw.

My original wing fits the saddle like a glove and hope to have my Stick back in the air this Spring...

Thank you!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:27 PM
mkoe

Originally Posted by PointMagu
I took the CAD fuselage plan to STAPLES. Had it enlarged and it turned out PERFECT.

Even though the plans show laser-cut templates, I simply drew straight over those for "standard" balsa wood cutting on a band saw.

My original wing fits the saddle like a glove and hope to have my Stick back in the air this Spring...

Thank you!
I'm happy it worked out. : )

mk
Old 02-27-2014, 12:33 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

I had a Midwest Sweet Stik 30 years ago, great airplane! I stuck a first generation OS Wankel rotary on it. The engine ran great but bled fuel like you had opened an artery!