Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Epo-Grip has a new product size available. >

Epo-Grip has a new product size available.

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Epo-Grip has a new product size available.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Epo-Grip has a new product size available.

Was on the Epo-Grip website www.epogrip.com and noticed that they have brought out a smaller 4 oz unit size for their paste epoxies. Now you can buy a just a little of certain products you don't use much of. Also they are offering USPS shipping, receive a refund for the freight difference until they get their shopping cart updated with USPS program. Currently it is set up with just UPS.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:18 AM

I use Epo-Grip almost exclusively now . I hardly ever use regular epoxy anymore .I use the slow cure mostly .
Old 12-26-2014, 05:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've always wanted to try this product but get great use out of Hysol. Similar I think, any comparison opinions?
Old 12-28-2014, 01:57 PM

To ring in the New Year save 15% on all Epo-Grip orders for the next two weeks (12/28/14-1/11/15) when you use the promo code RCU2015 at checkout at www.epogrip.com

As advertised we will shop the better shipping rate between UPS vs. USPS and refund you the difference as our shopping cart is set up for UPS only. Depending on the order UPS is not the most consumer friendly and we recognize that. If you have any questions feel free to email us at [email protected] or call toll free 1-800-888-2467
Old 12-29-2014, 11:20 AM

dhal22,

The #30 Paste is about the same consistency as Hysol. We have had modelers test the two side by side and almost all of them said our #30 Paste was slightly stronger. The real advantage is not needing a mixing gun or tip, just mix as little of as much as you need. If you do the math price per ounce the #30 Paste is a very attractive alternative.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:51 PM

Yes I find the #30 paste to be very usefull for fillets or gap filling and is hard as steel when cured.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:13 AM
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Erik,
Can you load the paste into a syringe to lay beads or to push into hinge pocket holes, or apply to hard to reach areas? That being said, I can empty hysol type tubes, but will your product mix in the mixing tips that cartridges use? Many times just mixing on a sheet and applying where needed is fine. But I have found that using a gun or syringe to hinge with Robart hinges cuts the time in half or more.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:00 PM

Jeff,

The #30 Paste mixes up to the consistency of Vasoline almost to a T. You most certainly can load a larger syringe to apply the material once mixed on a board. If you go to the How To/Video section located on the header of our website www.epogrip.com . Click on either of the two RCU YouTube videos you will see how fast and easy it is to use this material. The use of a palette knife versus popsicle sticks also aids in application. Most abandon the gun or syringe once they see what a simple low cost tool can do.

I wouldn't attempt putting the Model Matrix or the Clear Paste in a syringe unless you have everything in position and are ready to Rock n Roll. Being mentally prepared to loose the syringe too.

Last edited by Erik Steinbring; 12-30-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:48 AM
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I know that I'm jumping into this thread a little late, but I've had a lot of first hand knowledge on Epo-grip epoxies. Eric sent out a batch of his epoxies to our reviewers a few years ago and since then I have absolutely sold on them and I use them for 99% of my epoxy needs. As said above, they cure hard has steel and are great to work with. The great thing about using them is that when mixed they resemble vasoline or maybe toothpaste, but what's great is that they don't run when you place them. So you can put them in place and they stay where you put them. I would think that loading a syringe full would be easy to do if you want to apply that why. One word of note, the #30 paste does not mean it is a 30 minute paste. This paste is going to take well overnight to get a full cure, and at least 6-8 hours before you can really start moving the parts. When I said 99% there is only one thing that I have found that you can't do with Epo-grip. You can't heat it to spread it out in order to fuelproof a surface with it. For that I keep some regular 30 minute epoxy. Other than fuelproofing I use only Epo-grip for anything I use epoxy on.

Hope this helps

Ken
Old 03-16-2015, 10:32 AM

I am in 100% agreement . My old epoxy usually starts to crystalize before I use it . I use Epo Grip for almost all my epoxy needs . I really like how it stays where you put it . It dosen't drip all over . It is a little slow curing but thats easy to work around . A lot easier than rushing and having sticky finger marks all over your nice new plane . I don't have any trouble loading it into a syringe so that I can use it for hinges or getting into tight spots . I discovered that you can even reuse the syringe by allowing the epoxy to ,cure and then putting my air hose on the end of it and giving it a little shot of air and the epoxy pops right out .