Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Sport cub s2 issue heellpp!!

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Sport cub s2 issue heellpp!!

Old 05-26-2018, 09:24 AM
Manuel1291

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sport cub s2 issue heellpp!!

Hey guys,
i recently flew with my stock sport cub s2 with floats on it and the elevator didnt work for 3 seconds, so i crashed into the lake, now(one week later) everything works besides the motor and i think its because (i know i shouldnt have done that) i plugged in the battery one day after the crash so it had a short cycle (i guess).

Im unsure what to do now... new motor? New esc? All the servos work fine btw...
pls help me ASAP
greetings from germany
Old 06-02-2018, 07:54 AM
mgnostic

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Lacking an answer from anyone else, I would suggest taking the motor and ESC out and bench test them. If you didn't hurt the bearings on the motor, the most likely thing to have been damaged is the ESC. It may well have shorted out at the time of the crash. I would also suggest that you check all of the channels on your receiver just as a precaution. A three second brown out suggest a power problem. I know that it is difficult to recall everything that was happening in the midst of an emergency as you are trying to pull your airplane out of a dive but did you lose any other channels at the same time? You mention 3 seconds, did you regain some measure of control before hitting the water? Based on the info I have, I would guess either a battery that wasn't supplying the needed wattage or an ESC that was already in a partial failure.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:53 AM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

These UMX planes are kind of difficult to work on as they are of course Styrofoam with very small parts. With a new xacto blade, though, carefully slicing through the line on the fuselage and the upper engine nacelle, you can access the rx/esc assembly for any more damage or water intrusion. Horizon lists just about all the parts you may need, although it may be more cost effective just to get a new one. Hobbyzone lists a BNF for $98.00
I`ve had mine apart several times to repair various damage. The clear thin packing tape holds them back together nicely although tricky to get just the right size strip with scissors.
Check out my battery mod post in the backyard flyers sub forum.
BTW, welcome to RCU!

Last edited by Stickslammer; 06-07-2018 at 07:57 AM.