Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Just crashed my trainer this evening.

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Just crashed my trainer this evening.

Old 08-01-2004, 08:03 PM
animal mother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just crashed my trainer this evening.

I started out with a Calmato Trainer which accidentally crashed on it's second day of flying. I had problem with the engine at the beginning, but managed to get it run perfectly the second day before I went flying. My friend and I went to the golf course (which is a sand golf course) and started the engines and toke off. I flew for about 5 min. and then it happend. Low level flight and in a turn. My friend started saying that I should turn the other way which made me confused and made me turn even more to same direction I was turning and then,,,, smash, into the sand. I was lucky enough that I could repair the aircraft but the impact crater was about 4 in. deep. I ordered a new plane the same evening and some parts. It didn't take me long before I was air born again with the new model. The one that crashed has been ready to take off for about two weeks now but I just needed the engine.
I live in Kangerlussuaq on Greenland which actually is just an airport but it is the gateway to the rest of Greenland. We are allowed to use the hot spot or the apron to take off from as long as there aren't any aircrafts.
This evening I called a friend of mine and asked him if he'd like to join me. It was a bit windy but I took the chance. It went great the last time.
I started the engine and toke off. I was about to make my second round when a gust sent the plane directly to the tarmac. I tried to pull up but it was too late. The crash has wrecked the engine to three pieces and I might get the aircraft out flying again.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:21 PM

Default RE: Just crashed my trainer this evening.

that sucks, but from what you said it should be flying again
Old 08-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Trogdor the Burninator

Do you play Wolfenstein or ET? Your name is too unusual to be a fluke!

Old 08-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Trogdor the Burninator

Do you play Wolfenstein or ET? Your name is too unusual to be a fluke!

I bet you play them. TFC was my game. [BFD] Deadeye signing out.

P.S. *So this doesn't get off track and/or hijacked* that sucks about the plane. This is my motto:. Rarely does the impact of the earth dig as deep as your hand can go into your pocket to shell out the moola for another airplane. My lunch consists of ramen noodles. And sometimes I hafta Shasta. [8D]
Old 08-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Righty

TFC is a good game, can't wait for HL2 to come out...

Back on topic

Sorry to hear about your crash but atleast it's repairible
Old 08-03-2004, 05:18 PM
animal mother

I play CS! I got the nick name many years ago!!!

Can't seem to stop playing!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Trogdor the Burninator

What's TFC and CS?? I only play Wolf... but Doom 3 was released today! sniff, now I need a new video card, sound card, speakers and the game... no new rc for awhile!

So whats greenland like?

Anyway... crashing is so depressing... its like your dog got hit by a car or something... you take the carcass home and try to make a frankendog... or plane out of him!

Good luck with the frankenplane then...
Old 08-03-2004, 09:20 PM
CJ32769

ORIGINAL: animal mother

I started out with a Calmato Trainer which accidentally crashed on it's second day of flying. I had problem with the engine at the beginning, but managed to get it run perfectly the second day before I went flying. My friend and I went to the golf course (which is a sand golf course) and started the engines and toke off.

Next time wait until after the flight to TOKE!
J/K

Hope you have many good flights to come!
Old 08-03-2004, 09:36 PM
animal mother

Don't know what TFC is. CS is Counter Strike.

Well, it's great here in Greenland but expensive. I live in Kangerlusssuaq which used to be an air base. Back then it was called Sondresstrom Air Base. Warm in summer and ice cold in winter. Beautiful nature but a long way to the nearest town. About 100 miles. No roads connecting the towns. You have to either take the boat/ship, the plane, the dogsled or the snowmobile. There's about 30 kilometers to the icecap from where I live.
My parents, brothers and I were the first greenlandic family to live in the air base back in '89. We lived till '93. I moved back in 2001. The US Air Force left Kangerlussuaq in Sep. '92. A sad day for many residents. It just went quiet and boring. The population went from 2-4000 to about 4-500.

Have Fun
Old 08-03-2004, 09:42 PM
animal mother

Ups! I mispelled TOOK OFF!
Didn't notice till now