Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Full Power Profile Crash!

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Full Power Profile Crash!

Old 01-02-2005, 11:29 AM
going vert
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Power Profile Crash!

I deleted the video.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:28 PM
ballistic1
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Full Power Profile Crash!

Well if you wanted to destroy a plane just for the hell of it, that is your prerogative
I would have given it to someone in the club who was less fortunate and dident have anything to fly
just my opinion

Frank
Old 01-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Sunny_B

Sad display when a toy defeats an adult. Good example for the beginners in the hobby though.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:54 PM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

So I'm just curious, what was the reasoning for crashing it? Was it the ex-wifes plane? Sold the SUV and just got a Ferrari and the profile won't fit in it? Trying to find an easier way to dig holes for your new pavallion? Doing soil density testing for the farmer?
Old 01-02-2005, 01:12 PM
going vert

It's too bad the admin moved this video into this area. I posted it in the 3D forum to avoid this kind of discussion.

Why did we crash it? Because it was fun and we laughed a lot. It was a good example to the beginners that you can have just as much fun crashing the planes as you can flying them.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:31 PM
ballistic1
My Feedback: (27)

"It was a good example to the beginners that you can have just as much fun crashing the planes as you can flying them."

Yea ---good luck with that

again just my opinion

Frank
Old 01-02-2005, 02:07 PM
J-To-Low

i think it was the best video i have ever seeeeennnn

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO 3DDDDD alllll the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

i also learned not to fly without a rudder!!!!!!
[>:]IF YOU ARENT 3DIN YOU AINT FLYIN[>:]
Old 01-02-2005, 04:16 PM
XpastywhiteboyX
My Feedback: (5)

lighen up what he chooses to do with his plane is his choice instead of whining why dont you just laugh thats what it was intendid for! i loved it
Old 01-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Miniflyer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know, but this type of behavior really shines a bad light on our hobby....
Old 01-02-2005, 04:32 PM
RichD

so sad... I have to work so much overtime just to afford to fly ONE plane... wish I had money to just piss away like that. Crying shame guys....
Old 01-02-2005, 04:43 PM
extratorker
My Feedback: (8)

you guys are ridiculous. It's his plane,if he wants to smash then he's got every right to. Get off your podiums and stop trying to tell everybody else in this hobby how to fly and behave. I'm sick of this attitude. You talk about setting examples for beginners? How about the guys in my club that cant take the time from flying their precious sig 4 stars to help out a beginner with his trainer. Then,these same guys are complaining about the direction the hobby is taking and why there's no new blood to keep it going. I'll tell you why,it's these attitudes that newbies encounter at the field. I always take the time to help someone setup their trainer and get them in the air. Then you complain about the guys 3-Ding at the field and doing stuff airplanes arent meant to. Well guess what,let us keep training and welcoming the newbies into the hobby. Before you know it it'll be all 3-d and arfs and guys with great attitudes,not this old boys club some of you are trying to make it.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:47 PM
going vert

Guys - sorry you do not like the video. I believe everyone is entitled to have fun with this hobby. Some people fly circles, some 3D, some IMAC, and some crash.

What we did was safe and fun for everyone there.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:54 PM
going vert

Delete video #2
Old 01-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Miniflyer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

extratorker, i think you didn't quite understand what i was saying. I agree totally that some people on the field are selfcentered, stubborn and uninterested in others, especially in beginners. But i've had quite a few students and am also very willing to help, or just come out in order to have some fun.

What i am criticizing is that people are crashing their planes on purpose, destroying a lot of money and the hard work that went into them just for "fun". Some people would be happy just to have one of these because they don't have the money...
Another point is that we are all (??) trying hard not to to give the image as "toy-plane-flyers" a chance....seeing guys laughing their ass off as these "toys" crash into the ground must be really seeming like an intelligent way to spend the time to others....

3 year olds jump into sandboxes and destroy what they find, but i find it inappropriate for adults to do that, and that has nothing to do with beginners whatsoever....

Sure they can do what they want, but it just gets me thinking....
Old 01-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Flying Hog

You Could have at least planted it in the middle of the field......
Old 01-02-2005, 05:40 PM
going vert

Ya, we wanted to but decided to play it safe.

Mini, do you think it's fair for you to tell people how to spend their time or money. To each his own....

ORIGINAL: Flying Hog

You Could have at least planted it in the middle of the field......
Old 01-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Mudsurfer1234

"people put alot of hard work and money into their planes and they are crashing them on purpose"

well guess what, it is THEIR hard work and money, and they want to have some FUN and not be the same as everyone else! That is the BEST video I ever seen! totally awesome!

and you (the negative people) are acting like everything is a loss. HELLOOOO there might be some good servos or the receiver, right there is like 200 bucks SAVED. when you think about it, they aren't really losing all that much money. ARF's that size aren't all that much, and guys can do what they want with their money.

Everyone looked warned that it was going to happen, the pilot and cameraman look to be the only people closer to the field, everyone else is all in one small area when lots of other places to stand are open.

some people try to ruin it for all the others..... it is really quite sad...... people like Going Vert are who make this hobby the best u can have, and who r going to keep it going.

Going Vert, that was AWESOME and i can't wait till some more Yak stuff is up on your site! im on the list to get one next out of the 230 on the boat, and CAN'T wait till it gets here!

AWESOME VID!!!
Scott

-READ THIS LINE!!!!!-
(this post isn't meant towards any ONE person, it is in general to the 3 or so posts i read that were negative towards this video, and this post is not a flame, don't read it wrong)
Old 01-02-2005, 05:53 PM
going vert

Scott, good points. You will be happy to know the guy who crashed the plane gave the club the servos and equipment, for free.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Sukhoi_Madness

Look's cold there...

And I am guessing there is not a lot to do?

That pulling off the rudder stuff was funny...

Matt
Old 01-02-2005, 06:08 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If somebody purchases a model it is their right to do whatever they want with it as long as it does not endanger anyone else's safety in any way. Intentionally crashing a plane is the choice of the pilot and if measures are taken to 100% guarantee no harm comes to property or living creatures (human or otherwise) then I don't see any problem with it.

I was actually going to do a crash video of this nature with some high speed cameras to show the effects of a crash on a plane in slow motion. I was going to do 2 or 3 external angles and an onboard camera. Also to be used were inflight recording equipment to measure g forces and such. The event would be rather expensive because of the cost of the model and equipment plus specialty cameras to handle the high frame rate required to see the damage in slow motion. The purpose was to show detail of model crash as it had never been seen before. I've scrapped the idea for now but may revisit down the road. Any tests would be done in a remote and isolated area to avoid damage to property or any living creature.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Sukhoi_Madness

ORIGINAL: going vert

So I guess you guys won't like this video either...

http://www.video.shutupandfly.com/Truckside.wmv

Not sure who was responsible for it, but it's funny.
Dude... That's the best RC Plane Video I have seen...

I'm still pxxsing myself with laughter...

That part where he almost lost it over the Maize field... That was the best...

[8D]

Matt
Old 01-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Yellow Jacket
My Feedback: (6)

I'm really quite disappointed that it wasn't a 40%.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:17 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Take your pick as to which ones you click.

Heres some more funny videos I found.

Or,

I cant believe people would do this with model airplanes. People are going to be harmed, property damage, the grass will not grow there anymore, what a waste etc etc.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:50 PM
going vert

O my god. That canon is so funny! Good job on getting the receiver out.

ORIGINAL: wgeffon

Take your pick as to which ones you click.

Heres some more funny videos I found.

Or,

I cant believe people would do this with model airplanes. People are going to be harmed, property damage, the grass will not grow there anymore, what a waste etc etc.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Live Wire

Leave it to the people on the Crash and Discussion forum, Look what happen on here in July! and it was not on purpose. 14 plane in two day's For Fun????? and it caused problems for a member and a club for people not thinking what they are doing or saying. Think before you post and give your fellow Flier a Chance

[8D]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.