Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Whats wrong Ultra-Stick? Vulture got your nose?

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Whats wrong Ultra-Stick? Vulture got your nose?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 09:58 PM
mattracer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats wrong Ultra-Stick? Vulture got your nose?

some of you people are but holes because it is not illegal to kill a bird that is overpopulated. the dude did not commit a crime and plus somewhere in north LA they are paying people to kill vultures because of overpopulation...
Old 02-22-2005, 11:26 AM
LarryQ
My Feedback: (1)

I also have tried to "Whack" a bird or two....usually crows.

One day this light went on in my head.

After the strike, the plane will most likely loose control surfaces.

At that point it is no longer an "Airplane" but an "Unguided Missle".

The thought of SOMEONE getting hit and hurt because of something as simple as trying to strike a bird has made me re-think this practice.

Heck in the hunting season, I shoot all the crows I want.

Shotgun shells are a LOT cheaper than my airplanes!

I also have "Control" over where the pellets go...after a bird stike I may not have that luxury anymore with my airplane.

It's one of those things where after it happens, I will end up saying "It seemed like a good idea at the time".

Larry
Old 02-23-2005, 01:24 AM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

Hunting is one thing. I have no problem with that. As long as you are "in season" for whatever you are hunting for. Trying to tear up a bird with a propeller. That I have a problem with. Thats just sick. Plus if you waste your plane on a bird, well that's just stupid. Bullets and pellets are a lot cheaper. But its your money to waste not mine. Personally, I hate pigeons, flying rats I call em, but I'd never waste a plane on one. I let the paragrine falcons take care of them.
matracerrc: Deer are also overpopulated in areas, but would you try to hit one with a RC plane? Shooting them, to me, is fine. Better yet use a bow & arrow, a lot more humane, as long as you hit em in the right place. Sure I've hunted, duck, geese, and deer but never been so stupid to try & use a RC Plane to kill something.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:31 PM
rw Guinn

ORIGINAL: DustOffUH1

Hunting is one thing. I have no problem with that. As long as you are "in season" for whatever you are hunting for. Trying to tear up a bird with a propeller. That I have a problem with. Thats just sick. Plus if you waste your plane on a bird, well that's just stupid. Bullets and pellets are a lot cheaper. But its your money to waste not mine. Personally, I hate pigeons, flying rats I call em, but I'd never waste a plane on one. I let the paragrine falcons take care of them.
matracerrc: Deer are also overpopulated in areas, but would you try to hit one with a RC plane? Shooting them, to me, is fine. Better yet use a bow & arrow, a lot more humane, as long as you hit em in the right place. Sure I've hunted, duck, geese, and deer but never been so stupid to try & use a RC Plane to kill something.
What these yahoos don't realize is that Vultures, Hawks, Eagles, Crows, Ravens, swallows, and Grackles, although not game birds, are Federally Protected Species and harassing, injuring, or killing them is a Federal Offense punishable by some hefty penalties, loss of the equipment used, and/or jail time.
And if you think that there is trouble finding a place to fly now, just let a club member or flyer at a site get caught doing it.
Can you say "shut down"
Old 02-23-2005, 12:57 PM
DustOffUH1

Hopefully "bad karma" or the Law will come and bite em in the *** Plus it makes the rest of us look bad.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:00 PM
LarryQ

Actually I believe Crows are classified as game birds, Federally protected migratory bird (under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act)
Not to be confused with animals on the endangered species list
Hense the season for them.

With NO BAG LIMIT in most states as well.....

With that said, If you read my post above, you can see my real reason for giving up "Chasing Birds"

I would "OFF" a THOUSAND of any of those birds on your list, rather than have ONE HUMAN BEING injured from my "Fun".

It just a matter of priority.

Larry
Old 02-23-2005, 01:42 PM
DustOffUH1

I would "OFF" a THOUSAND of any of those birds on your list,
Maybe you didn't notice, but Eagles are on his list. You "off" an eagle and you are looking for some very serious trouble.
In any case, using a rc plane to "off" anything is just plain stupid, for many reasons.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:47 PM
LarryQ

Your completely missing my point!

You say you are against chasing birds because of the possibility of hitting and possibly killing one.
True enough reason.

But I think your prorities need to be re-addressed.

What I'm saying is, it's not about the bird in this situation, It's the potential of Human Injury that is paramount!

I believe that a Single Human Life is worth more than all the Spotted Owls, Bald Eagles, or Californian Condors combined.

I will never "Chase Birds" again....but my reasoning has nothing to do with the Birds themselves.

Could I live with myself after killing an Eagle, Well..Yes.....

Could I live with myself after seeing my plane smack someone in the face because of my stupid behavior! NO!

If your a reasonable person, I think you'll agree.

Larry
Old 02-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Banche

oh my goodness you might hit a human? what are the chances of that?

that would be prety rare, even rarer at a flying field.

whats the matter with chasing a bird around the field for a little while, no one probably has ever gotten hit by a plane downed by a bird and you have to be real stupid not to get out of the way!

no one ever tries to hit a bird with there plane they just try to chase one around who ever said someone was trying to hit a bird?

''I also have "Control" over where the pellets go...after a bird stike I may not have that luxury anymore with my airplane.''

-----you sure have controle of where the airplanegoes... is the airplane less controllable than the shot? you dont really have controle of the pallets when they leave the gun do you? after they hit the bird?
Old 02-23-2005, 02:57 PM
DustOffUH1

Larry:I get your point. Maybe you don't understand mine. My point is, hurting or killing anything, person or animal, bird, whatever, with a rc plane, intentionaly (which I think some of the yahoo's who had input in this thread intended, birds being the case) is senseless and stupid. I also think this thread should be "decomissioned" by the moderator because its just senseless to begin with.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:18 PM
rw Guinn

ORIGINAL: Banche

snip>>
whats the matter with chasing a bird around the field for a little while, no one probably has ever gotten hit by a plane downed by a bird and you have to be real stupid not to get out of the way!

Snip>>?
A. It is against the Law
B. You might actually hit one (see thread starter)
C. It is a really stupid idea

Roger

Old 02-23-2005, 08:41 PM
fasterthanlife

Wow I thoght this thread died. Sorry if I upset everyone but as you may not understand its near impossible and I made a pass and turned to head out of the area and hit one not even trying. I was not chasing the bird. It got in my flight path and I was flying my plane in the air that AMA sais I'm aloowed to fly in. It was invading my airspace.

Hey mattracerc whats your last name? Do you go out to W.A.R.P.S. often when I hit the bird that was lkike the 3-4th time I'v ever been and haven't been there recently because of the downed plane. the new Stick is due in tommorow at TRI-CITY and I'm hoping to have it ready for saturday or sunday.

Can you say Marathon build[8D]?

-Cajunflyer-
Old 02-23-2005, 11:18 PM
DustOffUH1

Its not you I am talking about. Its about the other people who added to the thread that intentionaly go after birds. Anyway, I hope I'm done with this one. I made my point, and as I said b4 this thread should be put to rest IMO. Good luck with your new plane
Old 02-24-2005, 02:37 AM
Sukhoi_Madness

Oh my Gosh!!! You killed a Buzzard...

Next thing you know we will have the R/C Car guys running down Rats at the Land fill...

Hold on, just a minute... The fact you did it on accident aside...

Who bloody cares... Try watching CNN for 25 seconds and you will have something to be concerned about...

Think about it, he was the lowest of low birds, living at a landfil, eating rubbish...

He probably flew himself right into that prop on purpose....

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Matt
Old 02-25-2005, 11:55 PM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

ok guys. I must say you guys are a little too... I dunno, but it is a vulture, A) its on bird, OH WELL I have kilt more in one day with a gun B) its a vulture C) It was an Accident D) It didnt hurt anyone and there was no one near to hurt from what they said, at least the engine turned off immediatly, or else it would have been horrible.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:53 AM
DukeZillo

[link=http://www.selosdije.com/videos/twistkill.wmv]Have phun!, Fly Safe! (video)[/link]
Old 02-26-2005, 01:53 AM
DustOffUH1

First, newbtorc, READ, all of the posts. I'm going to say this one more time in another way. Then I am done with this thread, I hope. Accidents happen, I understand that. Its the people purposely going after and attacking birds, with RC planes, that I, and many other people have a problem with. I don't care if its a bird (any kind of bird, personally I HATE pigeons), or any other kind of animal.
1. Its against the law.
2. Its against AMA rules.
3. ITS FRICKEN STUPID!
4. It makes the rest of us look bad! And I don't appreciate that.
5. You can get your flying site closed down.
6. Why would you intentionaly waste one of your planes, unless you are stupid, an idiot etc.
7. You can possibly injure a human being, in case you don't care about humanely killing animals.
8. Its fricken stupid, in case you didn't get or missed #3.
9. Actually read 1-8.

OK. I think I'm done. I hope...................

Oh Sukhio_Madness (Matt), I know all about CNN. And, they weren't even around when my Uncle, a DustOff Crew Chief, got shot down in Vietnam, trying to save injured soldiers, never to return. So please, don't tell me about "the real world" and whats going on now. I know. Support your armed forces and veterans, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Afganistan, etc etc etc etc. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have what we have.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:09 AM
DustOffUH1

Duke: This comment is only if you or whoever intentionally clipped that bird. You or whoever, are an idiot! If it wasn't intentional, then I apologize, but it sure doesn't look like it.
Also its, "Have Fun & Fly Safe". Just so you know for future reference.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:27 AM
FlyNBHappy
My Feedback: (7)

Idiots will always be idiots. They're idiots now and they'll be idiots when they get older. They're idiots now because they have idiot friends and families that didn't teach them right from wrong. And they show their less than human qualities when they try to justify idiotic ideas such as "chasing birds with RC airplane is fun - accident or not". Fly safe and have fun without chasing anything living with your plane (except your idiot friends - we need to stop this type of gene pool from reproducing so the next generation don't have to revisit this problem again).
Old 02-26-2005, 11:10 AM
fasterthanlife

ORIGINAL: newbtoRC

ok guys. I must say you guys are a little too... I dunno, but it is a vulture, A) its on bird, OH WELL I have kilt more in one day with a gun B) its a vulture C) It was an Accident D) It didnt hurt anyone and there was no one near to hurt from what they said, at least the engine turned off immediatly, or else it would have been horrible.

When it hit the eninge killed but if it had stayed on it wouldn't have been horrible. The plane was intact and I had directional control so I guided it away from the people that were at our club. The plane only lost the wing and other parts once it hit the ground about half-a-mile away.

I almost have #2 ready to go.-Cajunpilot-
Old 02-27-2005, 02:31 AM
Sukhoi_Madness

Oh Sukhio_Madness (Matt), I know all about CNN. And, they weren't even around when my Uncle, a DustOff Crew Chief, got shot down in Vietnam, trying to save injured soldiers, never to return. So please, don't tell me about "the real world" and whats going on now. I know. Support your armed forces and veterans, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Afganistan, etc etc etc etc. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have what we have.
Come on Dude... You know perfectly well that I was simply pointing out there are more things in life to worry about than the kid hitting a bird with his Airplane... I've read your views on the subject and I agree... Mind you I would not go hunting birds with my Airplanes simply because it is a waste of money...

That said...

Although I don't hunt anything... Philosophically speaking I can't see the difference between blowing something’s head off with a shotgun and killing it with a prop...

My gratitude to your family's sacrifice... Although confused, not as to the meaning, but rather the relevance of your above comments.

I'm no stranger to the Military world having grown up both in a country with a PROUD military service history and also in a Military household. Believe me I am just as gratified as you to any man who has stood in a theatre of war fighting for the privileges I now enjoy...

Matt

Old 02-27-2005, 03:12 AM
DustOffUH1

Although I don't hunt anything... Philosophically speaking I can't see the difference between blowing something’s head off with a shotgun and killing it with a prop...
I guess what I'm trying to say is Legaly hunting is one thing. Chasing birds with a RC plane is completely different.

Come on Dude... You know perfectly well that I was simply pointing out there are more things in life to worry about than the kid hitting a bird with his Airplane...
My gratitude to your family's sacrifice... Although confused, not as to the meaning, but rather the relevance of your above comments.
Sorry, I mis-understood, my fault. I thought you were specificaly speaking of war. Plus last night "I had a few", and maybe I should stay away from posting after 6 or 7 beers

I'm no stranger to the Military world having grown up both in a country with a PROUD military service history and also in a Military household. Believe me I am just as gratified as you to any man who has stood in a theatre of war fighting for the privileges I now enjoy...
Amen to that And that was not directed only to you. It was directed to anyone who reads this thread. Some people just need to be reminded about that fact once in a while. Also I just got finished watching a DVD called In The Shadow of the Blade, and was a bit emotional about that fact. Anyway, I'm happy to hear that you think hunting birds with a RC plane is a waste. As I said b4 this thread is just stupid and needs to be put to rest.

"Medevac: So that others may live"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24749.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	235458  
Old 02-27-2005, 03:27 AM
Sukhoi_Madness

HAHA...

A 12 pack and a war movie... I understand... (From personal experience)... No harm done...

[8D]

I guess what I'm trying to say is Legaly hunting is one thing. Chasing birds with a RC plane is completely different.

Come on Dude... You know perfectly well that I was simply pointing out there are more things in life to worry about than the kid hitting a bird with his Airplane...
Sorry, I mis-understood, my fault. I thought you were specificaly speaking of war. Plus last night "I had a few", and maybe I should stay away from posting after 6 or 7 beers

Amen to that And that was not directed only to you. It was directed to anyone who reads this thread. Some people just need to be reminded about that fact once in a while. Also I just got finished watching a DVD called In The Shadow of the Blade, and was a bit emotional about that fact. Anyway, I'm happy to hear that you think hunting birds with a RC plane is a waste. As I said b4 this thread is just stupid and needs to be put to rest.

"Medevac: So that others may live"
Old 02-27-2005, 03:32 AM
DustOffUH1

Thanks for understanding The next beer is on me
BTW since your avitar say's porn star, got a gig for this lady?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90569.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	235460  
Old 02-27-2005, 07:33 AM
andyede

oh guys this thread has made me laugh. I saw loads of people posting to it but didn't actaully read it till today. i seem to remember alot of there arguments after someone posted a video of them crashing their model on perpose. As far as i was aware the general opinion after that was that everyone is entitled to do whatever they like with their models as long as they arn't endangering anyone. after all they payed for it, they built it, and they're the ones that are going to have to pay for and build a new one. How do some of you guys think the right to tell someone what to do with thier own property. Isn't this hobby ment to be about fun? and i think crashing models is great fun! i laugh when i crash mine by accident.

As for you guys that say its ok to hunt to kill with guns but isn't ok to try and kill with a model! ***?! whats that all about? that vulture looked pretty dead to me. don't think it lived long after it hit the prop. And as for not getting the kill and only hurting it. how many times do you think a bird takes a shotgun pellet through the wing or chest and falls to the ground unable to fly but still alive?

seems to me that in the original post, far from making model flyers look bad it actually made some more people think its cool. Seems to me that gliders crashing into the road ontop the the hill here we slope soar when they fall short of the landing area are more likly to make people frown at the sport and stop us from flying there. I can tell you now, dog fighting with the birds that think you are invading their territory is fantastic fun! its like flying combat with someone whos really really good!

guys, pull your aerial out of your arse so you can sit back, relax and how some fun with this hobby. I'm sure there are people that love flying around in slow circles all day but theres some of us that get bored of that after a few mins and want to try something else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.