Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Giles-G-300 W/YS-160 CRASHED

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Giles-G-300 W/YS-160 CRASHED

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 03:07 PM
pilot727

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giles-G-300 W/YS-160 CRASHED

Darn it all i got HIT LOL Just kidding, i was doing one of my slow loops that i have done many times before, the ys-160 just has so much power, at the top so i thought i stalled the wing, after taking it all apart when i got home i looked at the servos i had in it and not mg like i should of had as i am just a sport flyer i love to do a few rolls or a snap roll or loops are so much fun, i got home and found that one of the wings servo's was stripped, i was told buy my good friend to use mg on that type of an airplane, i didnt, the engine ys-160 is ok the giles is well we burnned it and had a cermoniy for her, also i broke the engine mounts on my soft mount and got the number of the man that invented them and told me he can fix it and cheap for me, i already ordered a softmount so i also ordered a giles 202 UL 29% also i had a os-160 fx so i also ordered a cap 232 i think 24% sport a very nice plane and ray is going to fix the soft mount i sent to him to fit the OS-160 FX you can bet that i will be using mg servos except for the throattle, i do not neet to spent 180 dollars for a servo for the rudder now do i, can anyone give me some idears of what to use on the wings for servo's and also the rudder and elevator, i do not mind spending 50 to 70 dollars for these servos, going with hitec, any idears on what to use and also what tourque for the ail, rudder and ele, a little help would be great guys, i have never used mg servos and i have several planes, my extra 300S i already put a nice servo on the rudder and one by one i am also going to replace the rest, please give me some idears, thank you so much guys, Rollie You can reach me at [email protected] thankyou so much for your help and understanding, i just live to fly and one of my favorites is the twinstar w/ 2-OS-25FX it flies so nice also my 160 twin transalls w/ two OS-32FX also is a great flying airplane i try and fly something different every day, thanks guys,. rollie
Old 08-16-2006, 12:48 PM
deadstickpilot

Default RE: Giles-G-300 W/YS-160 CRASHED

here ya go http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDWF8&P=0
Old 08-16-2006, 11:20 PM
pilot727

Default RE: Giles-G-300 W/YS-160 CRASHED

Hello
I have been looking at hitec but i really liked what you showed me and going to check them out and may go that way thanks alot, rollie better known as the candy man, i always have a pocket full of werthers